• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Zelda Game Do You Prefer?

Which do you prefer?!?!

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Majora's Mask

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Wind Waker

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Twilight Princess

• Skyward Sword

• Total voters
Years

zelda_skyward_sword_banner_2_by_casval_lem_daikun-d3isvxg.png

I know that there are a lot of Zelda fans out there, including myself. I always wondered which console games the fan-base preferred and which ones were lacking. Also, I would love to hear what your expectations are for the Legend of Zelda HD Wii U game officially due out sometime in 2014.

Console Games
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

You may include, but not limited to a few criterion:
  • Characters Development: Villains, Allies, supporting characters
  • Dungeons: May include puzzles and bosses.
  • Map Layout: The many forests, deserts, lakes, and everything in between.
  • Graphics: The style/aestetic of the games.
  • Gameplay: Combat controls/features, weapons, gadgets, items.
  • Music: Includes soundtrack and instruments (Ocarina, Pipes, Drums, Guitar, Wind Waker, Howling!, and Harp)

Also, feel free to discuss the handheld games, just to remind you, should you compare games, it is best to compare handheld game with other handheld games rather than console games, and vice versa. If not, the comparison is not really comparable. I haven't played any handheld games, though I will be getting a link between worlds for the 3DS!

I have played all of the console games, and picking between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess is so hard! Though, I really love each and every one of those games!!!

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
When it comes to gameplay and dungeon exploration, A Link to the Past for SNES (later remade for GBA) stands out. The two Zelda games preceding it (the first game and Adventure of Link) were noted for being very difficult. Granted, this was the standard at the time, but many current age gamers find them too hard to play. LttP balanced things out more, making fighting enemies a little more fluid, and began to introduce more puzzle-based elements. Its 2D graphics, and simple plot may not compare to recent titles, but the game did provide a strong foundation which future games would expand upon. Staple elements such as the Master Sword, the spin attack, cuccos, and the mention of the Hylians and some other races first appeared in LttP. While it's not the most advanced game (even if it is getting a sequel for the 3DS), it's a pretty fundamental one.

Ocarina of Time was influential to me as well. This was the first game where character interaction became really heavy, as well as fleshing out the Seven Sages and the various races mentioned in LttP. This was also the first time we saw Link as an adult, and when the game first came out I thought he was the sexiest man on Earth. Not even kidding. :7: This was also the first game to 3D, and while it doesn't compare to anything that came after it, the graphics were state of the art for the time.

Lastly I'll mention Twilight Princess, again with that sexy older Link. :7: That aside, this was the first game where I felt truly immersed in the land of Hyrule. I'm not sure what made me feel so differently about this (a feeling I would see again in Skyward Sword), but the game did a great job. The story was extremely moving, the graphics great, and the Wii controls, while tedious helped to put you in Link's shoes.

Back