• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Staff Feedback Thread

Years
Staff Feedback Thread
Previous iteration here.

As with previous versions, this thread's purpose is for you, the members, to provide comments on how you feel the forum staff team is handling the forum. Do you have a comment on a moderation situation you feel could have been managed better? General feedback for our staff? Then you're encouraged to let us know here.

Kindly remember that this thread is for constructive feedback. Please stay respectful when posting. We take all feedback seriously and a staff member will respond to your post as soon as possible.

If you have questions, feel free to reach out to an Administrator or the Webmaster. Thank you for making PC a better place. =)​

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
It doesn't happen as often, but the site would often go down for a while, and it would be a while before any response on social media. From somebody who usually checks Twitter for these kinds of updates, it would nice if some sort of time frame was posted. (Even if it's not known how long the site will be down, it would still be nice to hear).

I remember one particular night when I wanted to check the site before sleeping, but it was down. After going to school and coming home the next day, it was still down. A bit later, an update was finally posted to the twitter page. (Preferably could have been sooner).

That said, I'm aware of some of the changes that have went on with staff over the past year. I don't know if this is related, but it's been such a big improvement that the site isn't constantly becoming unavailable. It was slightly frustrating when I wanted to check, but was commonly seeing down time.

Years
It doesn't happen as often, but the site would often go down for a while, and it would be a while before any response on social media. From somebody who usually checks Twitter for these kinds of updates, it would nice if some sort of time frame was posted. (Even if it's not known how long the site will be down, it would still be nice to hear).

I remember one particular night when I wanted to check the site before sleeping, but it was down. After going to school and coming home the next day, it was still down. A bit later, an update was finally posted to the twitter page. (Preferably could have been sooner).

That said, I'm aware of some of the changes that have went on with staff over the past year. I don't know if this is related, but it's been such a big improvement that the site isn't constantly becoming unavailable. It was slightly frustrating when I wanted to check, but was commonly seeing down time.

Hi there, I'm one of the current Social Media Team Leaders. When the site was having issues earlier this year, we tried to make sure something was eventually posted, but I think maybe the it wasn't in the timeliest fashion or for every downtime.

Going forward, I think if we see the site has been down longer than 30 minutes, we'll definitely make an awareness post on both the Facebook and Twitter pages. :) Thank you for the input! Have an awesome day!! (That being said, hopefully the downtime issues won't be happening much in the future! Knock on wood lol)

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Not sure if it's too appropriate or sends the right message to have staff troll in a feedback/suggestion post (where the post does seem to be serious from the POV of the OP). I think it's fine to have fun, you're not robots ofc, but what's the point in someone making a thread in this section if they get responses from 3 staff members but none of them make an effort to listen to their suggestion/concern

But maybe it's not my business 🤷*♂️

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Not sure if it's too appropriate or sends the right message to have staff troll in a feedback/suggestion post (where the post does seem to be serious from the POV of the OP). I think it's fine to have fun, you're not robots ofc, but what's the point in someone making a thread in this section if they get responses from 3 staff members but none of them make an effort to listen to their suggestion/concern

But maybe it's not my business 🤷*♂️
I do appreciate the desire to....basically play watchdog for staff (I can't find a better way to phrase it right now), I really do, but those sorts of responses are, as far as I remember, rare, and usually in response to objectively non-serious matters. Like, I'm not saying it never happens or trying to shut anything down here, just that this particular case is not really the one that needs to be commented on. But I do hope that both people inside and outside staff continue to watch out for potentially poor staff behavior.

I've made a non-trolly post in that thread now, hopefully you'll find it a little more suitable.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I have also noticed that there is a such a thing as the staff being too comfortable. Happens in work places too, during points when ppl do expect a serious answer. Then it's like oops.
If anything, maybe one person can be joking around in a help thread, but any more and it kinda derails it and seems like the OP is being made fun of. Other than that one quirk, I do really love how this place / section is normally handled! I just thought that should get my two cents, since I also have thought the same before. oof

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Just to give everyone some reassurance.. if you have a serious concern about the forums, the staff will hear you out. Had the post in question been presented differently, sent to one of the section's staffers, or otherwise brought to staff's attention in a less playful manor, I can guarantee they would have gotten a less lighthearted response. That doesn't mean we'll agree with your idea or opinion, but at the very least you can feel assured that we heard you.

Things like icons or section names are somewhat minimal in the grand scheme of things, but if you ever feel that your words aren't being taken seriously by the staff, please contact an administrator, as that's representative of a greater problem on PC.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I assume we're also allowed to post positives within this thread as I think I remember posting positive feedback a few years back on one of the older threads, If not then feel free to delete this comment.

The first person I'd like to shower with praise is Janp, he's been a consistent and unbelievable good mod for the challenge section, has been easy to contact and understandable with topics and questions, even providing better and more sensible solutions without feeling condescending. I hope he continues to be a great challenge mod for years to come.

My second bit of praise comes for Fairy, I recently ventured in the Arts section of the forum for the first time and was very unsure what to do when requesting art, however Fairy was very helpful in providing information and even took it upon herself to help me with a request I had when it seemed like maybe it'd take a long time for someone to reply. I don't know much about art but I do know Fairy is an extremely bright and helpful person who is very welcoming.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 17, 2024
Who exactly should I be messaging if I want to ask about an administrative decision?

Years
I like to praise all the staff here at PC for making this place great to be a part of. I hadn't felt safe or had fun and felt very welcomed on a community place like PC before ever. I think all staff are on top of there roles and help people put pretty well. ( However that's my opinion and how I see it. ) Plus I see everyone is really friendly and sometimes non staff members help people as well which is also nice to have I think. Thank you everyone staff and regular members for bringing my faith back in humanity while being on PC. If PC wasn't here or how awesome it truly is I'd be alone and have no one to talk too and give up on people. This time I finally have a chance to talk more to people to face my fear and perhaps make friends along the way too for the first time. So thank you all~

PC ❤ x infinity~

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I like to praise all the staff here at PC for making this place great to be a part of. I hadn't felt safe or had fun and felt very welcomed on a community place like PC before ever. I think all staff are on top of there roles and help people put pretty well. ( However that's my opinion and how I see it. ) Plus I see everyone is really friendly and sometimes non staff members help people as well which is also nice to have I think. Thank you everyone staff and regular members for bringing my faith back in humanity while being on PC. If PC wasn't here or how awesome it truly is I'd be alone and have no one to talk too and give up on people. This time I finally have a chance to talk more to people to face my fear and perhaps make friends along the way too for the first time. So thank you all~

PC ❤ x infinity~

I'm not crying, you are..
。・゚・(*ノД`*)・゚・。

Years
I'm not crying, you are..
。・゚・(*ノД`*)・゚・。

I hope its a happy cry, and I truly meant all what I said about all the staff, member's and PC itself. Being a part of this community has brought me hope and faith back into people as well a lot, which I never thought I feel ever again, I'm very happy I found PC and grateful to have met so many wonderful people as well. You all are truly wonderful souls and I'm very glad to know good people are still out there. I hope for all the success of PC to continue to grow good, positive and a welcoming place for everyone. I know PC saved me from being alone in the dark, so PC means a lot to me as well everyone in it. I hope in time I can be more courageous and talk more to others and perhaps make good long lasting friendships as well.

We will see what will happen, just know I'll do my part to help PC out in anyway I can as well even though I'm just a member. Once more I thank everyone at PC for bringing me hope, faith and feel welcomed.

❤ PC x Infinity and beyond~!
(ෆˊ͈ ु꒳ ूˋ͈ෆ)

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Just a thought...

Stop being biased against me. Every time I try to do so something or say something or talk about something or really do anything in general in the Discord I get bitched at and whined at and given a lecture. I don't need a lecture. I got enough of those in colleges. If your going to lecture me... feel free to pay for my student loans as well. Yeah. Didn't think so.

Believe it or not there's a thing called differing opinions.

That is all.

Years
Just a thought...

Stop being biased against me. Every time I try to do so something or say something or talk about something or really do anything in general in the Discord I get rattataed at and whined at and given a lecture. I don't need a lecture. I got enough of those in colleges. If your going to lecture me... feel free to pay for my student loans as well. Yeah. Didn't think so.

Believe it or not there's a thing called differing opinions.

That is all.

Thank you for your feedback. As someone that has had to deal with you as a member of the community and as a member of staff, I will highlight why people "whine" and "rattata" at you, here's a summary.

Firstly this is not just behaviour on Discord, you are like this on the forums as well and this behaviour happens so frequently that you are notorious for it. It is not just staff that have mentioned it or even spoken to you about it, I personally have been present on multiple conversations where users have tried to talk to you AND help, when you have been frustrated.

The issue is that you do not really, well, "talk". You use these spaces as somewhere to vent and vent aggressively. Most of your posts, as I mentioned earlier and has been brought to your attention by BOTH staff and users, are extremely aggressive and to be honest everyone is just tired of it. You almost exclusively comment on how you do not want to buy/play/listen to/etc. something for a variety of reason but you're just so hostile about it and the worst part is it feels like you are directing it at users here or have something against them, as if you have something to prove to us because we said you were wrong or when no one has ever done that to you.

Yet despite multiple conversations about it, most of which you have promptly ignored and even been rude to staff members more recently in some of them, you are displaying the same behaviour and there we yet again have to talk to you about it.

So TL;DR there is no bias against you as not only staff pick you up on it and staff do not only tell you off for having a gross attitude, staff have to speak to you multiple times because you display the same unsavoury behaviour and never change as opposed to us targeting you and this is not a space that you get to vent your anger out rent-free in, you still have to follow the rules and part of that is not having a stinking attitude.

I would advise following this up with a member of Staff if you've any further questions and if you wish to discuss with someone about my response in particular then please feel free to message me directly or you can contact a Mod Lead/Admin, they can be found here.

Otherwise, I will assume this has cleared things up for you as to why you keep getting told off and hey, you'll see if that behavior stops then so will we!

Last edited:

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
Days
I don't know if I should say this, as it isn't really pointing out flaws, but I'd just like to say that the staff is excellent! They all do their jobs excellently and I couldn't ask for better staff! It really makes me feel comfortable here on the PC! Thank you, all you staff, for making this such a good place!

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
Could we get a third moderator/event organizer for the Challenges subforum that's not from a European time zone? We've had issues with time zones during Events, where users in the Americas (myself included) had to wait up to a dozen hours for an organizer response to questions about challenge rules while users in Europe and Africa got quick responses that gave them an indirect advantage over us with regards to beating challenge runs on time.

I'm fine taking on this responsibility myself, if necessary. (Mod powers would also give me the opportunity to update a bunch of challenger/HoF listings for threads whose OPs aren't active) However, if you'd rather pick someone who already has moderation experience, I'd recommend Devalue because they've done a good job moderating Pokemon Gaming Central and I'd be happy to see them join the Challenges mod team.

Eleanor and JanP are both really good moderators and should stay on board, they're excellent mods and I have no problem with them aside from the time zone issues.

Years
Could we get a third moderator/event organizer for the Challenges subforum that's not from a European time zone? We've had issues with time zones during Events, where users in the Americas (myself included) had to wait up to a dozen hours for an organizer response to questions about challenge rules while users in Europe and Africa got quick responses that gave them an indirect advantage over us with regards to beating challenge runs on time.

I'm fine taking on this responsibility myself, if necessary. (Mod powers would also give me the opportunity to update a bunch of challenger/HoF listings for threads whose OPs aren't active) However, if you'd rather pick someone who already has moderation experience, I'd recommend Devalue because they've done a good job moderating Pokemon Gaming Central and I'd be happy to see them join the Challenges mod team.

Eleanor and JanP are both really good moderators and should stay on board, they're excellent mods and I have no problem with them aside from the time zone issues.

Just to check - have you contacted the current section mods to discuss this at all? This sounds more like something that could just be fixed in changing the events and how they work, as opposed to necessarily needing to bring in a new moderator just because of timezones. Either way, I'm sure they would probably appreciate the extra help if you wanted to help with just the event planning!

You did mention however about potentially taking on the moderator mantle - if you haven't already, we do have moderator applications currently running, so I'd advise getting one put in for the section!

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
Just to check - have you contacted the current section mods to discuss this at all? This sounds more like something that could just be fixed in changing the events and how they work, as opposed to necessarily needing to bring in a new moderator just because of timezones. Either way, I'm sure they would probably appreciate the extra help if you wanted to help with just the event planning!

You did mention however about potentially taking on the moderator mantle - if you haven't already, we do have moderator applications currently running, so I'd advise getting one put in for the section!

Apologies, I assumed this was the place to discuss this with Eleanor and JanP. I'll try and remember to send a message to them when I have the time. I have already submitted a mod application for the Challenges subforum, though.

Back