• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shiny Pokemon in D/P/Pt

Years
I saw a thread like this for HG/SS, so I decided to make a D/P/Pt counterpart.

So, which Shiny Pokemon have you seen or caught in Diamond, Pearl or Platinum Versions?

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
I've gotten a shiny Budew in Diamond. I love Roserade's shiny form so I was psyched that I got it.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
I caught a Shiny Raticate -_- in Diamond. In Platinum I found a Shiny Giratina after 20+ hours of soft resetting and I accidentally soft resetted my game. Then I grabbed my action replay and I quit hunting for a shiny Giratina.

Years
I caught three Shiny Pokemon while playing my brother's Diamond.

406.gif
075.gif
201-u.gif

A Budew, Graveler and Unown (U Form).

They still rest in his PC to this day. And not to mention this was one of two occasions I caught a Shiny Graveler.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
In Diamond, I caught a shiny Geodude, but I had to delete my old game. I also saw a shiny Staravia later on, but I fled from it. In Platinum, I caught Roselia, Sneasel, Marill and Blissey, but lost them when I lost the game itself.

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
Years
Caught:

396-m.png
x2 (Diamond)
418.png
x1 (Platinum)
427.png
x1 (Platinum)
161.png
x2 (HG & SS)
215-f.png
x1 (SS @Jolly with Perfect IV in Attack and, sadly, Special Defense XD)
201-b.png
x1 (SS @Timid Perfect IV in Special Attack. Hidden Power of Ground)
019-f.png
x1 (SS @Modest)

Yeah. That Unown B was completely random. I was training my Umbreon in training, who so happens to be shiny and at the Timid nature. I know shininess is by chance, but it seems like she attracted that thing. Lol. I find shinies of Pokemon I don't want or not trying to find at all. >_>

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I've only seen one shiny in D/P/Pt and that was a Graveler in Platinum. I was so excited about catching it, then KOed it. Haven't seen any shiny to this day, guess I'm unlucky
:(.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Caught:

396-m.png
x2 (Diamond)
418.png
x1 (Platinum)
427.png
x1 (Platinum)
161.png
x2 (HG & SS)
215-f.png
x1 (SS @Jolly with Perfect IV in Attack and, sadly, Special Defense XD)
201-b.png
x1 (SS @Timid Perfect IV in Special Attack. Hidden Power of Ground)
019-f.png
x1 (SS @Modest)

Yeah. That Unown B was completely random. I was training my Umbreon in training, who so happens to be shiny and at the Timid nature. I know shininess is by chance, but it seems like she attracted that thing. Lol. I find shinies of Pokemon I don't want or not trying to find at all. >_>

But that's what's great about them imo; their randomness takes you completely by surprise and really lightens your day! The shock and luck, really excites you, and it's a really warm feeling.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Shiny Ponyta (traded to a friend), shiny Buneary (still have), and a shiny Swinub (still have). None were obtained through chaining; these were all random wild encounters.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I've caught absolutely countless shinies in Pearl. I've never caught any completely randomly, but I became absolutely obsessed with chaining and the Pokéradar after completely Pearl and I ended up catching almost all of the shiny grass-dwelling Pokémon there were xD I ended up with a max chain of over 400 or something silly like that which encompassed a fair few shiny Buizel, so yeah, I caught a lot of shinies on Pearl haha.

Years
I'm pretty stoked because I just found a shiny geodude completely randomly while leveling my pokémon on route 207. I was so shocked because I thought at first it was a glitch on my computer screen, but also it's kinda hilarious because I've been trying to get a shiny by using the Masuda Method with no luck for the past few days. But it's the first shiny pokémon I've actually ever received outside of a trade from a friend or by chaining. :pink_love:

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
In Diamond, I was lucky enough to run into a shiny Mightyena right off the bat with the Pokeradar (no chaining needed). My first ever shiny in Gen 4. I nicknamed him Howl. :)
262.png

While EV training in the Old Chateau I found a shiny Gastly. His nickname is Shadow!
092.png

In Platnium I caught a shiny Meditite as I was level grinding for the Eterna Gym. He's now a shiny Medicham.
307-m.png
308-m.png

And I was also pretty lucky with the Pokeradar in Platnium when I found a shiny Chatot only after one chain.
441.png

Since then I've been breeding for shiny Pokemon in my Diamond game. I try to find shinies every now and then through chaining, but I can never seem to continue my chain over 35. So I just breed like crazy. Some of the shinies I've gotten are:
001.png
004.png
037.png
054.png
120.png
133.png
155.png

173.png
175.png
227.png
255.png
280.png
328.png
359.png

...Who knows how many eggs I've actually received in total. I remember filling up about 3 boxes full with Charmander eggs. And I've still never managed to hatch a shiny Pichu.

Bubbles987

Ace Trainer
Years
I've gotten a shiny Budew in Diamond. I love Roserade's shiny form so I was psyched that I got it.

I have a shiny Budew too! :D (Although now she's a full-grown Roserade)
I found it randomly. I was planning to use Roserade for my Diamond team anyways, then after encountering, like, a MILLION bidoof(s?) the first Budew I found was shiny!!

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Back in Pearl I found a shiny Machoke up in the north where it hails. I freaked out and, after looking up its set at that level, sent in Drifblim so it couldn't hurt itself with recoil, then did nothing but chuck Ultra Balls at it while the hail whittled it down. In Platinum I caught a random shiny Mr. Mime, and then later managed to chain seven shiny Machops using the pokeradar.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I found a shiny Tentacruel not long ago in Platinum.

I squee'd cause Tentacruel is, like, my favoritest water pokemon ever <3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Not including my Shiny Milotic which I had RNG'd for I have only randomly encountered one shiny Pokemon in D/P/Pt and that is a Shiny Budew. It was while I was in school and I was playing my DS instead of doing schoolwork if I remeber correctly. Almost missed seeing it was shiny but so glad that I didn't.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2012
I only have one shiny Pokemon because I traded with my friend but I have never seen a shiny Pokemon in Pokemon pearl.

Back