• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Best and Worst Moments [V2.0]

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
427.gif

There was an old thread a while back but it died due to inactivity, so time to bring it back again! Essentially in this thread you can post about your best and worst moments when playing through the Fourth Generation. Here you can post experiences that made you leap for joy, experiences you wish you had forgotten the moment they happened and any other moments you'd like to share. If you're unsure of what sort of things you'll exactly need to post, then here are a few examples to get you started:

Best moments:

Example #1

Spoiler:

Example #2

Spoiler:

tl;dr:
Example #1: Found a Shiny Buneary in Eterna Forest while training a Drifloon.

Example #2: Beat the champion in Platinum after considering the game impossible- mainly because of an underlevelled and odd team.

Worst Moments:

Example

Spoiler:

tl;dr: Roared away a Shiny Dialga.

NOTE: These are just examples and have not actually happened to me. I've just composed them quickly to give you an idea of what you can post.

You can describe your moments in any way you like, whether it'd be a story or a poem or anything really. Just make sure that it happened in the Fourth Generation and that it's appropiate (i.e: not too much excessive swearing), which is probably a given. Post away! :>

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Best moments: Found out I didn't actually finish my Platinum game, 1 year and a half afterwards. It felt so good to be able to see Torterra and my elite team in action again :D

Worst moments: Not being able to catch Giratina cuz i used my master ball on a tentacruel. :P

Years
Best moment: Defeating all of Lance's Dragonites in the Champion battle in SoulSilver using only my Miltank. I managed to do a Strength + Attract combo and his Pokemon failed to attack every single time under the infatuation.

Worst moment: Catching a Shiny Unown in Diamond. The worst Shiny I have ever caught to this day *facepalm*.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Best Moment:: When I Defeated my rival in Heartgold only with my Gligar!

Worst Moment: I accidently left my Ds on my desk and went to take dinner. My little my brother came and turned it off. I was so mad cause I just defeated all elite four and was gonna defeat the champion. I forgot to save before I go eat :(

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
For SoulSilver

Best
Finding my first shiny ever. (Sunkern)

Worst
Finding out that the Elite Four upgrade and add 1 more Pokémon to their roster after you beat them the first time. And I thought I was done. HA!

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Pokemon Diamond (My first run, not my current one)

Best:
Beating the Elite Four on my first try. It was quite nice.

Worst:
Caught a female Hippowdon, I'm ok with that, the bad part is the reason I caught it. I thought it was shiny! >_<

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Best: Defeating cynthia with extremely underleveled pokemon.
Worst:My heartgold deleting itself twice :(

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
Best moment: By some extraordinary miracle, I 6-0ed Cynthia with Pokemon 10 levels below that of hers.

Worst moment: Fainting Azelf with Hydro Pump... then saving.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
Best moment: reliving the awesome game that is gold version. Mostly everything was amazing....
Worst: ... Except that Miltank, that thing always kicks my butt.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2021
Best: Beating Cynthia. (I jumped around screaming)

Worst: When my Heart Gold game broke and took the life of my first Pokemon, and many others.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
Best Moment: Accentedly catching a shiny Zubat because it looked different

Worst Moment: finding out my brother used my Master ball on a pidgy when i went to catch mewtwo

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
For platinum

Best moments:When I caught a shiny starly my first ever shiny pokemon on gen.4

Worst moments:I defeated the tower tycoon then the game crashes....sob!

For my heartgold

Best moments:I defeated e4 and lance using lv.35-40 pokemons! Lol

Worst moments:The game's save file has been corrupted many times -.-

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Best: Spiritomb beating that Garchomp of Cynthias.

Worse: Using my master ball on Lugia :( (Should have used it for Latios)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
An Odd Occurance

A few months ago, I was playing Diamond. I was participating in a challenge called the Champion challenge where I was using only Pokemon that Cynthia used. Don't worry, this isn't some weird challenge topic. I got to the Galactic Building in Eterna City, and had a Spiritomb and Feebas, which I traded in, and a Budew that wouldn't evolve.

I made it all the way to the top of the building and fought Jupiter. Needless to say, I lost. I rest my game, and after a couple tries, could not win. So I decided to back track all the way to the GTS to check my Budew's friendship via Pokecheck. Once I returned to the Eterna Building, everyone was gone, including Jupiter and the Bike Salesman, as if I had won the fight against Jupiter. I was so dumbfounded that a bug like this could exist. I have yet to test it a second time since then, since I haven't restarted my Diamond.

Has anyone else ever encountered this, or would like to test it? I will be resetting my Diamond pretty soon, but it will be for another challenge.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Best Moment: Capturing Giratina in a Pokeball...sure, it's stupid, but it was an exciting moment. It was at school too! I just walled it with my Magnezone, paralyzing, then switched to Empoleon to use Ice Beam on it. after a few balls lobbed at it, I caught it in a Pokeball. Me and my friend were super excited ^_^

Worst Moment: Running from a Shiny Medicham. ;-; such a sad moment looking back at it, as I was new to Pokemon back then.

Back