• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Legend of Acqua

Years
Hello peeps! I am an Anime lover. Especially Bleach... Now i used to like Pokemon but i aint a total fan anymore but making a game about it is different. I would love to make a game and Pokemon seemed fun and hard. I am a bit of a n00b to RM2k3 but I have finished the CMS and started the CBS, finished the first town and a bit more. But I didn't really have a storyline so I wrote one and I need it to be rated...

Comments or changes accepted... Thanks all and sorry its so long! :sleeping:

POKEMON ACQUA​

Region: Furto
Total Pokemon: 202

You, a young boy that just moved to Caldo Town in the Furto Region with your Mum. Caldo Town is a small town that is always warm! Then when your watching TV a report comes on showing a terrible storm up in Albero Town and the News Reporter saying that the nothing like this was predicted by the Weather Beuro. Then you get an Email from Professor Qurk asking you to go to his lab, just down from your house. You go to Professor Qurk?s house and find another girl there her name is Mandy. She is your next-door neighbour. Qurk tells you his theory behind the storm in Albero Town, he believes that it was caused because a mystical Pokemon known as Acqua was disturbed, but he doesn?t know how because know one know?s where it is. He believes that Team Chaos has something to do with it. He gives you the option of 3 Pokemon (Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip) and then Mandy obviously gets the stronger type. He also gives you a Pokedex then tells you to go and settle the Legendary Pokemon Acqua while collecting the Gym Badges at each city so your Pokemon can get stronger.

On your way you have to defeat certain gyms to get to certain areas. Your upgraded PokeNav has a built in Mail Function which shows mail from Mandy and Qurk. You can also log mail address from certain trainers that you battle.

During the game you encounter Team Chaos a few times trying to get there hands on certain things that will help them capture the Legendary Pokemon.

Once the last Gym Leader has been defeated you receive an Poke-Mail from Qurk telling you that he might have a good location of where the Legendary Pokemon might be. You travel back to his lab and he tells you the location but when you?re about to leave the leader of Team Chaos appears and tells you that you will not succeed. Then they disappear. To get to where the Legendary Pokemon is you have to travel to a town (no name yet) and get on the submarine that your friend that you meet on the way is making. He is finished building it and you get in it and travel to the bottom of the sea. When you find the entrance you go in and fight your way through all the Team Chaos members until you finnaly reach the Leader of Team Chaos and he challenges you to a battle. If you win you continue to the chamber where the Legendary Pokemon is and you either defeat it or capture it with a master ball or other ball that you get on your way. Once you have captured it you go back to Qurk?s lab and you are awarded the Highest Ranking PokeMaster! Qurk then tells you that the new Pokemon Leage, called the Legendary League is finished. You can now travel there and challenge the toughest trainers and become the worlds greatest Pokemon Trainer!

Thats it! Please post some comments and I'll be showing some screen-shots later because my mapping skills aint great! ;)

- Ichigo

EDIT
Since this is an edit like 10 minutes after I posted i didn't post a new reply... Here is a screen:
dnh8oz.jpg

Its of the first town, called Caldo Town :classic:

Last edited:

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2007
Great!i AM A newbie too but you know more than me!PM me and tell me what system you are using and also tell me how to make a pokemon game!

Years
Hello, its me again! Major, well fairly major update! I have some more screens for you and I have pretty much finished the start and all...

Note that file sizes are large cause i can't take good screenshots :(

Here are the screens:

The News Report
do17ix.jpg

Custom Menu System
do17o1.jpg

POKeNAV
do17py.jpg

POKeMAIL Menu
do191s.jpg

With that when you click on the thing it takes you to the message!

Select a Pokemon at Qurks Lab
do194k.jpg

Please comments on the graphics and the mapping! And thanks to the u guys/girls that posted before! :classic:

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
I suggest you improve in your outdoor mapping. The town looks bare and empty
The story is okay. And the screenshots of the systems are fairly nice. Good luck on this.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2005
hi what proggy u using also can u help me im a newbie i want to get to ur stage :D in making games

Years
imran_c said:
hi what proggy u using also can u help me im a newbie i want to get to ur stage :D in making games

i am using rpg maker 2003... i aint very far, i am just about to start the CBS (Custom Battle System) but i don't really know much. so its gunna be trial and error :P o and peekimon, what do you sugest for the town. some more ppl, tree's or something?

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Your menu system looks really cool. But I notice it says "Ash" in it, does that mean that the player can't chose his/her own name? Cause it would look weird if I call myself Neo, and in the menu it said Ash.

Years
you no i was actually thinking the same thing... but i dun no how to do a Custom Naming System... u no any good tutorials... but then like... it would make it difficult... cause my CMS is all graphics. so i would have to do every single name there is in the world for a graphic... LOL! bugger that

Years
Hmmm... anyway if people are still reading this here is an update.

i have changed the hero graphic. and i have changed the first town and coded the 2nd town... I added a Day/Night effect and Weather Effects here is some screens!
(Oh and I learn then when u push F5 the screen goes smaller!)

Seaport - 2nd Town and first Gym Town
dqn582.jpg

Seaports Ferry Terminal
dqn5dz.jpg

Route 1 With Sign and All! (People that u can talk 2 will be added l8er!
dqn6rl.jpg

Please post ur feedback! Thanks!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
The screens that you just posted are nice. However, the font in the screens of your 2nd post here look off.

shadowmastermarcus

Shadow Lord =P
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2007
COOL AS!
Could you possibly PM me about the CMS, and the CBS, i can't figure out how to do that, i'm stuck :(

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2009
uhh... just a quick question here, I skimmed through your main post and I don't see what will be "Different" this seems interesting, I just want to know why it should stand out from the rest, it seems like the same plot in a different order (you normally catch the legendary B4 the elite 4) so can you point that out for me?

shadowmastermarcus

Shadow Lord =P
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2007
*insults nintendo* :P the game is only cool because there are Nukes!!!!!!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
nah, it's ok, just your rite swizzler, hes just rearranged the events,
But hey! Why not, itd still b fun 2 play!
That rhymes
Im a poet and i didnt know it :P

Years
didn't rhyme when i read it... but meh. i can't read :P I am still thinking of some more stuff to go on that will be different. i wanted to do a Reputation System but everyone else is doing that.

Swizzler121 here is some different things I want to do...

1. i MIGHT add a reputation system if ppl will say its ok. cause i mean. a few ppl have said it and i don't like taking other ppls ideas. even though pokemon was someone elses! lol

2. u have POKeMAIL! Its like the phone. cept cooler! u can add ppl then they can battle u again when they want to.

3. i dunno really. but i am still thinking and anyone with any idea's plz post em!

cheers! i will post some more screens. HOPEFULY of the CBS tonight if i get stuck into it!

Years
no new screens yet. just letting u know that i was cracking the s**ts with it today. trying to do the bag. it sounded easy when i was thinking about it but it is actually a lot harder...

I am stopping that for a while and I am going to do some more mapping. i'll post some screens tonight.

oh and i got rid of the weather/day night effect cause it had to much extra coding and it didn't work for some things.

shadowmastermarcus

Shadow Lord =P
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2007
BleachXP.com, i need 2 know how 2 do something like PokeMAIL, if you can help me youll DEFINITELY be in the credits....i reall need help :(

Years
well since i am using a clock thing. i aint sure if it will work but i am gonna give it a shot... i'll just briefly write what i am gonna do.

When you meet someone and they ask you if you want to add there mail. and you say yes it turns on a switch: BC Kirsty Mail (BC mean Bug Catcher. lol)

Then in your code do this: (I wont write it properly)

if variable hours is 6
if switch BC Kirsty Mail on
Show Message: You received pokemail!
end
end

Then yeh. work from there. hope i helped.

o i cracked it again last night. trying to do item menu. so friggin hard. so i gave up on it again. its dredding me more then the CBS!

P.S: With my timing system i am doing days. so when it gets to 24 hours it adds another day. so you should do that. Here is a good clock tutorial: http://www.blade2k.net/writings/0/1/1/writing_146

Last edited:

shadowmastermarcus

Shadow Lord =P
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2007
i meant the screen and stuff, i couldve done that, i need the SCREEN, how it shows the option Pokemail and stuff, and i need the CBS, btw, i think i could probably try the bag, if its in rm2k3, i think i could do it... ill have a try, and meanwhile, could you send me the demo for me to try it on, and tell me how 2 upload things :(

Back