• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just an idea: Pokemon: America Version

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
Just an idea: Pokemon: America Version (RECRUITING)

NOW RECRUITING!

UPDATE

As I posted below, I've been thinking about taking a more realistic, real-world approach to Pokemon. Something along the lines of "What if Pokemon were real in the Los Angeles area?"

As it stands now, in the real world, civilization and wilderness don't mix together like they do in the Pokemon world.

I want to make a Pokemon game that represents this. There will be cities and towns, but they will all be connected without wild areas in between, as this is how most developed areas are. In real life, to get from your home city to the next city over, you don't have to walk down a dirt path where wild bears are going to jump out at you. (At least not in urban/suburban areas.)

Instead, there will be unsettled areas that players will have to travel to in order to catch Pokemon. It's similar to hunting. If you live in a city and want to go hunting, you can't just walk down the road and shoot the first wild animal you see. Mainly because there aren't many wild animals just running around a suburban neighborhood. You actually have to travel to a location where hunting is allowed and animals are abundant.

The same concept would be applied to the game.

Original idea that grew into the idea above.

I was thinking about how the regions in Pokemon games are based on parts of Japan, then I thought "Why not make a game where the regions are based on a different country?" And from this simple thought, the idea of Pokemon: America Version was born. (Of course the title will be changed to something "cooler" if I ever make this a reality.)

So the proposed idea is this: Have the player start in a major U.S. city, such as New York or Los Angeles. There are no longer "Routes" because everything is like the U.S. in real life. You can take public transportation, such as buses and subways, or call for taxis. Since there are no routes, I'm sure you're wondering where all the wild Pokemon will be. There will be certain outlying "Wilderness Areas." These areas are the preserved natural parts of the U.S., such as National Forests, Parks, etc. Some examples include Yosemite National Park, Grand Canyon National Park, the Angeles National Forest, and Rio Grande National Forest.

Once you have completed your objectives in a certain city, you will be given a plane ticket by someone (The Professor?) and fly to another city.

The cities I plan to include for certain are Los Angeles, New York, Seattle, Miami, Houston, Honolulu, Chicago, St. Louis, Phoenix, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. Other cities may be included as well.

Applications
Spoiler:

Positions
Spoiler:

I'm still trying to concentrate on my main project, Blue: Epilogue, but if enough people apply to help me with this, I'd gladly shift my time over here.

Last edited:

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
Well it sounds interesting.

I'm personally not the biggest fan of America, but whatever.

It doesn't necessarily have to be America. I've been thinking more, and I might just turn it into a more realistic, real-world interpretation of Pokemon.

As it stands now, in the real world, civilization and wilderness don't mix together like they do in the Pokemon world.

I want to make a Pokemon game that represents this. There will be cities and towns, but they will all be connected without wild areas in between, as this is how most developed areas are. In real life, to get from your home city to the next city over, you don't have to walk down a dirt path where wild bears are going to jump out at you. (At least not in urban/suburban areas.)

Instead, there will be unsettled areas that players will have to travel to in order to catch Pokemon. It's similar to hunting. If you live in a city and want to go hunting, you can't just walk down the road and shoot the first wild animal you see. Mainly because there aren't many wild animals just running around a suburban neighborhood. You actually have to travel to a location where hunting is allowed and animals are abundant.

The same concept would be applied to the game.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
seems ok... it will give it a much more realistic feal... good luck...

Maby you could have pokempn like racoons and stuff that live in the city...
Just an idea.....
Yeah, I was thinking about that too. The only wild animals that you really see in cities are birds, and sometimes squirrels and raccoons, depending on where you live.

Nikko.Ideator

Black FC: 2022 7801 5735
Years
This really seems a lot like my hack...

Except my hack is the whole world...

Oh, well. I'm 100% sure you didn't copy me. And I don't really care much, anyway.

Back