• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Medal Rally

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022

Along with many other great features, Black 2 and White 2 have also introduced the ever so addictive, sometimes tedious, but nonetheless fun, achievements found on so many current games: medals. Some are easy to come by, and are rewarded for trivial tasks, others are more difficult. If you ever need a reason to compete in the Battle Subway, PWT, to check trash cans, make movies or go fishing, there's a medal to motivate you.

There's a total of 255 medals, divided into five categories:

50px-Medal-special7.png
50px-Medal-adventure4.png
50px-Medal-battle4.png
50px-Medal-entertainment5.png
50px-Medal-challenge4.png

So, what do YOU think of the Medal Rally? Are you a completionist, actively collecting all the medals? Is there a certain medal(s) you're going after? What's your favorite medal and why? Come discuss!

And to spice things up, here's a challenge for everybody. Presenting the Medal of the Week:
50px-Medal-adventure2.png

CASTELIA BOSS A Medal for those who became the leader of the pack in Castelia City.
Do you have this medal? If not, can you get it until Saturday?

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
There were very few medals I actually went out of my way to get. Was a very nice addition to the series, though. Hope X and Y carry on with achievements in some way.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I only have about 20 of the medals I am not really set on heart collecting them all. My favorite Medal is the Magikarp Award medal.

Years
I think I'm up to about 60 or 70 medals at this point, but I've got no real plan to try and get all of them. That being said, the Medal Rally was one of my favorite additions to B/W2 (my favorite medal I have being Trash Master), and I really hope that it continues for X/Y and beyond.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I have 150 that I've gotten over time, but I never went out of my way to try and get any, it just kind of happened while I was playing or doing random things. Though I think it's nice that they included an achievement system of sorts. Maybe I'll try and collect all of them some time in the future.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
They were quite nice to do post-game, as I sometimes get bored just looking for pokemons to breed, catch or train. I haven't even gotten 50 yet lol, but I will (someday) try and get there.

Years
The Medal Rally is a great motivator for me to continue playing Black 2. I currently have 120, 4 of which are the type champs. Collecting all 255 though? Not in the near future for me :P Even that medal of the week (Castelia Boss) sounds hard to get. *goes off to Bulbapedia*

I suppose the Medal Rally also encourages friendly competition, as I have a few IRL friends that are catching up to me in Medals. My personal favorite is the Super Rich medal (because, yes, I am the 1% in that game - about $9 mil right now). I just like to hoard money I guess o_O

Years
I loved this feature, because I always wanted rewards for doing certain stuff in the game. I currently have 61 medals in my Medal Box in Black 2 and I was actually surprised to have collected that much. I do hope they keep it for X & Y.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
The Medal Rally is decent. There is no real reward which is a shame. I have like 180-190 medals just through normal play, mostly. I only went out of my way to get a few, like Wailord Watching.

I'm not motivated to get the rest because the funfest ones are pretty much impossible for me, since I don't have friends with the games, so I'll never complete it anyway.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Well, since I'm one of those people who are crazy for achievements, the medals were a very nice addition. I haven't been actively collecting them, but now that I finally finished the game, I think this is going to be something good to spend my time on. My favorite medal is Pure Youth, for befriending one of N's Pokemon, and before that, the one for linking to BW and seeing one of the memories, because Memory Link is my favorite feature in B2W2.

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
I feel that the Medal Rally is ok, it spurs you to play on to meet the medal requirements. Currently, I have only 89 medals and no favorite amongst them.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
I get medals but only as a side task, and I have no clue how the hint medals work, i think I have like 70 and I got some for hatching a shiny egg (Bike master pro amazing sauce, egg hatcher master and apprentice and novice, and lucky color)

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
I have around 107 medals now. It's a shame that I cannot get those medals which require Wireless and IR features. I have no one to play with :(

Years
I really think the metal rally is a fun competition to have in the game, especially for those who like setting goals. :) I currently have 84 metals ^_^

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
The Medal rally is my favorite feature of B2W2. I only have 72 medals right now. I haven't really been focused on collecting them. My favorite medal is the "Magikarp Award" for using splash no matter what. xDDD

Back