• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adventure Challenge

Kaiza

Conceptual Amateur
Years
This challenge is not for the faint of heart. Your skills will be tested, and you may not like your team's limitations. I am sure, however, that even less skilled players such as I can handle it. Here are the rules of the Adventure Challenge!

-----RULES-----
Games: ALL

-Casualties-
If you black/white out, you MUST release your strongest pokemon. If you have multiple pokemon of the same level, release the one closest to leveling up (this can be checked under "summary"). If you only have one pokemon, it is GAME OVER**.

-Fog of War-
If the game you choose has Flash or Defog available for use, do NOT use it outside of battle.

-No Daycare-
Use of the Daycare is prohibited.

-One Legend-
The featured legendary for the game you are playingMUST be used on your team, and is NOT eligible for release via the Casualties rule. If it is the strongest party member, go to the second strongest. If you are playing R/B/Y/G/FR/LG, pick one of the Legendary Birds, Mew and Mewtwo are NOT eligible.

-False Deities-
In compliance with the One Legend rule, you MUST K.O. any other legendaries, as they are considered false deities. Yes, you must seek out ALL legendaries you can find without events and KO THEM!

-Elementalist-
You MUST use an eevee-lution in your game. Which one is up to you. This means you have to use it from the moment you can get one and keep it until all criteria for completion have been met. It, like the legendary, is not eligible for release via Casualties. NOTE: IF YOU ARE PLAYING R/S/E, D/P/Pt, OR B/W, EEVEE IS NOT OBTAINABLE. DUE TO THIS FACT, USE A POKEMON THAT EVOLVES WITH A STONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Prove Your Worth-
You must defeat the Elite Four and the Champion THREE TIMES. In G/S/C/HG/SS, you must defeat them twice AND defeat Red. In Emerald, you must defeat them twice AND defeat Steven.

-No Master Ball-
If you get a Master Ball, TOSS IT!

-Rival Lock-
Only use your starter against your Rival UNLESS your starter is dead or released due to Casualties.

-No Status Heals-
You CAN NOT use items to heal a status effect (revives and max revives can be used). He never said anything about berries.... ;D

-Up To Date-
As soon as better items become available (Better PokeBalls, Potions, Ethers, Revives, and Repels), you must sell the out-dated stuff and ONLY use the new items.

-No Trading-
Do NOT trade (with others OR in game) until you have met ALL criteria for completion.

-No Hold Buffs-
Use of type boosting items, EXP Share, Lucky Egg, and Amulet Coin are PROHIBITED.

-You Never Learned How-
YOU CAN NOT USE A BIKE!!!!!!!!

-Ambassador-
In G/S/C/HG/SS, you have to beat all of the Kanto gyms before challenging the Elite 4 and Champion THE SECOND TIME.

-Legitimate-
NO CHEATING! NO AR, NO MISSINGNO!

**TERMS OF A "GAME OVER": You have broken a rule or have ultimately been defeated. You can message me and say "I Give Up" and I will put a † by your name on the list, or you can try again. Still, tell me you lost, though.

This seems daunting, even to me!

The Sign-Up form is at the bottom! But first...

-Information about <New Game +>-
Upon completing the challenge, you can do one of two things: shut off your game with a sense of accomplishment, or enjoy New Game +! The features of New Game + include:

+Pick one of False Deities to spare and use!
+Fog of War: DISABLED!
+Rival Lock: DISABLED!
+Type Buff Items: ENABLED!
+EXP Share: ENABLED!
+Bikes: ENABLED!

But, new perils include:
+Eevee-lution: Casualties ON
+Legendaries: Casualties ON

-ULTIMATE MODE-
Play all of the regions IN ORDER!

-Ultima Trial-
Ultimate Mode, NEW GAME + REQUIRED

Sorry that took so long, here is the sign up template:

User Name:
Trainer Name:
Game:
Ultimate Mode?:

Here is my sign up form:
Spoiler:

PM me if you decide to do New Game + or Ultima Trial and I will add you to the lists.

Challengers:
Spoiler:

Champions:
Spoiler:

New Game + Challengers:
Spoiler:

New Game + Champs:
Spoiler:

Ultimate Mode Challengers:
Spoiler:

Ultimate Mode Champs:
Spoiler:

Ultima Trials Challengers:
Spoiler:

The Chosen Ones:
Spoiler:

Thank you for competing, and good luck to you all!

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Not entering, but I felt I should address that there is no Eevee in RSE, DP, or BW without trading, which is against the rules. And not everyone is using an emulator or an Action Replay, so some people will be unable to get Eevee. You should probably change that to "Use Eevee if possible. If Eevee is not in your game, use a Pokemon that has an evolution method that Eevee has (happiness, stone)" or something. Other than that, things are fine.

Kaiza

Conceptual Amateur
Years
OK, from this point on, please make any posts to this thread FOR SIGN UP OR UPDATES ON YOUR PROGRESS. Any suggestions or notes about the OP, pm me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Hai!

I want to try your challenge, even though I will not be able to start atm.

Username: Samurott01
Trainer Name: Lancelot (I'm a knight on an adventure, get it?)
Game: SS
Ultimate?: No :-(

I will start over my SS and start as soon as I can!

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Sorry!

Hi, I'm sorry but I am going to have to put this challenge on hold. I have way too many active challenges at the moment and I lost my SS, so this challenge will be on hold probably till summer.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
I'm in...
Username: AdrianYogi
Trainer Name: Adrian
Game: BlazeBlack (Google it. Doesnt let me post URL)
Ultimate?: No.

Question, this game has eevee's in the wild, should I catch one?

Last edited:

Kaiza

Conceptual Amateur
Years
Ah, I wish you luck with Blaze Black. I saw it a few months back. Catch eevee or anything else that evolves with a stone (The monkeys will suffice).

Update for me:
I picked it back up after a month long break (I had two EOCs and my state tests, and a huge trip). I forgot to heal before the first rival battle. I died. FAIL.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Ok, got started on it, I can catch as many pokemon as I want, And just not put them on my team right? And If I loose all my pokes, I can use those, Am I right?
Also, Does N count as a rival? (If you think about it, it does.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Well here's my update for today.
After going all the first Tedious stuff at the beggining. I cought quite a few Pokemon, Lillipup, Sentret, Pidgey, Rattata. A lot of normal types. Decided to keep Mankey and Zigzagoon for the team!
I went off to route 2 to grind Tepig. Got him up to level 12, then With my level 8 Makey and Zigzagoon, I started taking the trainers around... Mankey Raped the first trainer's pokemon. Low kick is your best friend, the next lass, She had a Zigzagoon. Mankey Destroyed it in quite a second. Then things got interesting. She put out a Pidgey who Gusted out my Mankey. He took it like a man tho, Killed it, and leveled up to level 10! For the next battle, Zigzagoon also faced 4 different Pokemon, which included a Kricketok wiht Struggle Bug. I GOT REALLY SCARED WHEN IT USED IT. And It's counter Part from sinnoh, Bidoof. He took them with no problem tho. Then bianca Showed up, which I decided to give Tepig his moment of glory. He Embered her Meowth and Snivy with ease.

That's it for today. I might start updating Town by town route by route :D

Check out the images!
They're from an actual DS. So they might be crappy
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
Actually, Eevee is available in D/P/Pt once you reach Hearthome City. All you have to do is go talk to the woman who runs the PC Service (sorry I forgot her name). On another note, this will be the 5th or 6th Challenge I have attempted.

User Name: mudkipftw91
Trainer Name: Tai
Game: Pokemon Storm Silver (NB: Because this is a hack ROM, you may notice that certain people from other regions appear ingame. Also, Lyra is apparently able to be battled in this game.)
Ultimate Mode?: No

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
UPDATE NO.1

NB: Before I start, I thought that I would mention that most, if not all nicknames that I give my Pokemon are Digimon-based nicknames. This is due to the fact that I am a fan of Digimon and the nicknames will represent that.

-Started off with same old boring intro from HG/SS
-Obtained the usual things from Mom
-Also obtained Running Shoes, Bicycle (don't worry I promise never to use it) and GB Sounds
-Obtained Starter Cyndaquil (nickname will be Agunimon) from Prof. Elm
-Obtained 5 Potions from Prof. Elm's Aide
-Obtained PokeGear (which will now be abbreviated to PG)
-Registered Prof. Elm in the PG
-Trained up Agunimon in Route 29
-Agunimon learned Smokescreen
-Arrived in Cherrygrove City and was forced to watch the same crappy tutorial from the "Guide Gent"
-Obtained the Old Rod from the "Guide Gent" (that's got to be some kind of innuendo)
-Used Old Rod and hooked a few Magikarp and Krabby for training purposes
-Agunimon learned Ember
-Obtained the Map Card from the "Guide Gent"
-Obtained the Apricorn Box
-Saw a familiar Trainer who uses a Roserade standing in front of Mr. Pokemon's house (no prizes for guessing who it is)
-Mystery Trainer (that is what I'm calling this person until someone accurately guesses who the Trainer is) gave me an Eevee (nickname unknown for now and please don't tell me which form I should evolve it into because I've already decided)
-Obtained Mystery Egg from Mr. Pokemon
-Obtained Pokedex (both Johto and National Dex) from Prof. Oak as well as registered him in the PG
-Received and urgent phone call from Prof. Elm saying to get back to the lab A.S.A.P.
-Used Old Rod in Cherrygrove City for more training
-Some stupid red-headed kid (I'm not saying I have anything against red-heads) had a hissy fit over my obtaining a Pokemon at the Lab

-Passerby Boy challenged me to a battle
-Agunimon was able to overcome the type disadvantage and win with 2 Tackle attacks
-Passerby Boy was defeated

-Saw Passerby Boy's name after being shoved out of the way
-Agunimon learned Quick Attack
-Used Old Rod in New Bark Town for training Eevee
-Told cop in the Lab Passerby Boy's name was Duskmon after being falsely accused of being a thief
-Gave Prof. Elm the Mystery Egg and showed him the Pokedex
-Told Mom I was going on a journey and decided not to let her save my money
-Obtained 15 Pokeballs ^_^ from Lyra
-Eevee learned Bite
-Caught Angewomon the Ralts
-Defeated Youngster Joey's supposedly top-percentage Rattata the registered him in the PG
-Defeated Aroma Lady Julia's Budew,Sentret, Seedot and Cherubi
-Angewomon learned Confusion
-Obtained the Vs. Recorder from Lyra
-Arrived in Violet City
-Received a Bulbasaur (nickname is Bulbapedia) from a wierd guy in the Violet City Pokemon Center
-Saved progress for now

Team will be listed before next update.

Back