• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you need to improve on?

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Staying calm and not making rash decisions.

Years
For me it's prediction I think. I always seem to over predict and get slammed by a mon staying in or something.

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
Years
In the last games Sun/moon i was more into competitive after completing the games(though i was restarting game to get the starter nature in those games) in older games i just used strong mons and until the day i lost i became better at it (similiar like the saying ''from mistakes you learn'' ) for example i remember i had a battle of 4 vs 6 online and used mostly greninja in the past without checking every strategy in my mind to improve it and won, then later i fought people who used for example ''substitute'' competitive pokemon and others and then i lost (I think it was on some kind of battle server or something, don' t remember the name exactly) and so, slowly i learned the strategy in the games.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Prolly the fact i vehemently fail to acknowledge that anything post gen 4 exists and that i abhor most things post gen 4. Plus we dont have a battling community here anymore which doesnt do much for my motivation these days cos i dont know anyone here anymore lol. :\

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Prolly the fact i vehemently fail to acknowledge that anything post gen 4 exists and that i abhor most things post gen 4. Plus we dont have a battling community here anymore which doesnt do much for my motivation these days cos i dont know anyone here anymore lol. :\

the feels. gen7 lower tiers have viable stall so you can always take that for a whirl. I made a halfway decent uu stall.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
I think I need to work on learning playstyles outside of HO. I've never been very good at using/building stall or balance teams and it's caused me a lot of matchup losses.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Personally feel that I need to explore more styles than just Stall. I've only been using stall ever since I started playing competitive and that's probably because when I started, I uses to think "Greatest defense is tge best offense", I'm currently exploring hyper offensive and balanced offensive.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I need to stop using terrible Pokemon. My predicting has improved considerably recently but it's no use against a good player when I am just continually handicapping myself by using things like Dustox in RU or Arceus-Fire in Ubers. I also need to work on my teambuilding. My love of esoteric builds means that when I try building more conventional teams they fall flat on their faces.

SilverLeafeon75

Type diversity? What type diversity?
Years
I mainly get overwhelmed by the sheer amount of things to consider. Also have never been good at "trial by fire" because I get easily frustrated.

Back