• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy [T]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
The Pokemon Trainer Academy

A Fresh Start

The world renowned Pokémon Trainer Academy. A place for learning and growth, friendship and rivalry, heartache and adventure. Placed on the entirely man made Oak Island it was a place where young and aspiring Pokémon Trainers gather from all around the world to study and hone their skills, equipped with every environment a Trainer could expect to encounter on their Pokémon journey and populated with almost every Pokémon species known to man. Staffed by some of the most knowledgeable and skilled Pokémon Trainers in the world the school offers the finest tuition one can hope to receive in any matter related to Pokémon. A project started and run by Gary Oak, grandson of the top Pokémon Researcher in the Kanto region, Professor Oak. Once intended to be a training ground against the nefarious Team Rocket it has found true success as a place of learning and personal development, far outgrowing its original purpose. But who can say what experiences await the newest students, what perils and triumphs hide amongst the islands many locations?

A new school year is upon the Academy and the staff can be seen bustling through the corridors and dormitories, even the streets of Oak Town, to try and prepare for what lies ahead and direct their young charges to where they need to go. Students arrive by boat, plane and even Ride Pokémon from across the globe to get settled in and start the academic year in earnest. Merchants and hustlers hawk their wares, eager to turn a profit on this new crop of customers and fill their pockets. The sun shines down, gentle and warm with the last days of summer, helping soothe the more anxious and homesick young Trainers as they first set foot on their new island home. Pokémon from every region run back and forth between their owners and newfound friends, filling the air with a chorus of excited squeaks and squawks, rumbles and roars. This has been the scene for days now as the students slowly trickle onto the island. Some are already set up in their dorm rooms – clothes unpacked and posters on the walls, while others are only just now arriving from their long journey and beginning to settle into their new home. The Pokémon Centres in both Oak Town and the Academy itself are a hive of activity as Pokémon are already being treated and cared for after battles between fired up students.

With so much activity the possibilities are endless for a day like today for those willing to seek them out. From the halls of the Academy to the tops of the mountains there are no limits to the experiences these young Trainers can have or the bonds they can form. Many students have come before and moved on to have incredible journeys beyond the bounds of Oak Island, attributing much of their success to their time at the Academy and the lessons they learned there. The opportunities exist for the current students to far surpass those who preceded them, forging relationships and legends that will stand the test of time both in their memories and the Academy itself.

Regular announcements over the schools sound system helped to remind the new arrivals that the majority of their luggage would be transported to their dorm room for them by a team of burly Machamp and to check the welcome pack that had been mailed to them for a complimentary map of the island, pokeball, potion, room key and various administrative details such as their dorm assignment and a list of classes. The path from Oak Town to the Academy was clearly marked and occasionally patrolled by a member of staff to make sure students didn't get lost or block the road with an impromptu battle. For those already settled in many of the Academy facilities were finally opened up and available including the library and computer labs while others would be more excited by the new selection of potential opponents making their arrival.

Classes and school activities would soon become a daily aspect of life for almost everyone living on Oak Island but for now the focus was on making sure that the students still arriving got settled in and acclimatized to their new environment. For some this meant comfort eating in the cafeteria while for others it involved beginning to explore some of the places the island had to offer.

Today marks a fresh start for all of them and their Pokémon, but what that fresh start means is up to each of them. Will they conquer their fears or embark on a quest to be the perfect student, champion of the battlefield, avid collector or something else entirely? Only their own resolve and determination stand in their way as the journey continues…

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Silvana Walcha Arle
q21lMKv.png
VLVnDyX.png
<table border='0'><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
4mGgxnX.png

Level 10
Moves
</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr></table>​
Silvana laid in a strange bed in a strange place, with only what she'd been able to fit into a small backpack to remind her of home laying nearby. It ... hurt. This wasn't where she imagined being at this point in her life. Alone, with no family to watch over her, in a room that wasn't really hers. It was enough to make her want to sleep in a bit, but today she also had something to inspire her. An entire world laid out before her, waiting to be explored. There were libraries to visit, leads to chase, ingredients to find and maybe... friends to make? Her grandmother had told her to try and make friends, but she wasn't certain how that would go. It felt like everyone else was living in another world. What made TV so great anyway?? She hadn't a clue, personally. Celestic Town was a strange place, but it was where most of her experience came from. They didn't have televisions there.

Getting up, she slipped away to begin grooming herself for her first day at the academy. A bath would help her feel a bit better. A change out of her pajamas... Then she had to dry and brush her hair. She'd need to slip on her armor, just in case she decided to venture outside in search of potion ingredients later. She had a feeling she wouldn't be able to spend all day in the library, so it would be good to start thinking about what she might like to challenge herself to find. As she fixed her still-damp hair, Silvana found herself wishing it would dry just a bit faster. A towel only did so much! ...But alas, she did not have a hair dryer. Strapping on her breastplate and setting a matching tiara upon her head, she gave herself a good lookover in the mirror before heading out and beginning to make her way toward the library. She didn't actually know where the library was, but she just kind of hoped she'd find her way given enough time. Surely she'd be able to find someone she could ask for directions on the way.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sydney Florencia Ramirez

fresh-Start%2B1.jpg

Sydney spread her arms wide and turned her face to the sun, eyes closed, as she took in a deep breath of her new surroundings. It had been a long voyage from the Unova region but she was finally here at The Pokémon Trainer Academy! A place where she could feel free to pursue her dreams and embrace a new beginning, a place of untold possibilities, somewhere that she could fina-

"You're blockin' the way girly, move it or lose it," a surly teenage boy grumbled as he shouldered past her position at the bottom of the blocked gangplank.
"Oh, sorry, sorry, uh, right, moving! Sorry!" She staggered out of the way, finally letting the crowd of impatient people behind her past. She had stopped as soon as her feet hit the ground of Oak Island, making it almost impossible for anyone else to get off the boat. She stumbled to a stop a few feet away and adjusted her satchel bag. Almost all of her belongings were being carted up to the Academy for her but that didn't mean she was going to walk around without a few essentials! Besides, it gave Miko somewhere comfortable to sleep outside of her pokeball. She pushed some of her blue highlighted hair back behind one ear and looked around to get her bearings. Things were starting to get crowded with more and more people shuffling down the gangplank so she started to move away from the boat. There were people and Pokémon shouting instructions that the Academy was… uh… that way! It made sense that the first thing she should do would be to figure out where her dorm room was and make sure that everything had arrived safely. That was going to be her base of operations going forward after all – battle central!

With a big grin plastered onto her face she started walking towards the Academy. She was sensibly dressed for the day in a long sleeved purple tee, short cut denim jacket, a floral print summer skirt cinched with a brown leather belt and matching ankle boots. At least that was what she felt was sensible attire – she didn't really know exactly what she was going to get up to! But she was well prepared with a bag full of pokeballs and potions, ready to finally actually catch her first Pokémon. She adored her Pachirisu Miko of course but if she wanted to call herself a real Pokémon Trainer she was going to have to catch some Pokémon rather than just being given them. And to finally have real battles – the thought alone made her grin even larger.

There were no shortage of battle opportunities in Castelia City of course but she had always felt like her parents wouldn't approve of her getting involved in those kinds of activities. Her father was a Pokémon Researcher after all, and her mother a Musicals Co-Ordinator who had come a little too close to being swayed by the rhetoric of Team Plasma a few years ago for Sydneys' liking. Here though she would be able to battle as much as she wanted, finally starting the long road to becoming a Champion like some of her heroes. Cynthia and Diantha - someday her name would be held up alongside theirs. It was going to be a good day to start this next chapter in her life. She could feel it.

As she made her way onto the road leading from Oak Town to the Academy she looked out onto the grassy plains flanking her route. Could she see the grass rustling from the movement of a wild Pokémon or was that just her anticipation getting the better of her? She thought about plowing straight in there to see what she could find but Miko was resting in her bag, a little out of sorts from the long boat ride, and who knew what would be waiting for her in there? It made sense that the Academy would make sure the really dangerous Pokémon lived a bit further away from town and the school grounds than this but you never knew… and even the smallest and most innocent looking Pokémon could be incredibly dangerous if you weren't properly prepared. Better to leave it until after she was settled into her dorm room and had the lay of the land.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
d1eacaf17aff6956450cb622c44ed5c7.png

Arwyn Wilton

''The plane for 'Oak Island' will be landing in several minutes. Please make sure to have your seatbelts on.''

Arwyn did as the voice on the speaker said, and prepared to land. Oak Island, huh. This the first time he left the Unova region, and all alone, at that. He could admit it to himself, he was nervous. His parents were not with him, neither was 'he'. But he didn't have time to keep his mind on such foolish thoughts. The plane was landing, and it won't wait forever. As he stepped out of the plane, he took a good look around. So this is where he would be staying for the coming time. It didn't look too different from Undella town at first glance. There were a lot of beaches in the area, which he could definitly relate to, living in Undella town, a town visited by a lot of tourists each year.

It didn't take long for Arwyn to feel uncomfortable, as a lot of people were around. Arwyn took out his phone, browsed through a playlist of songs, and began walking to his dorm to unpack his stuff. He didn't bring a whole lot, apart from basic stuff like clothes. He still had 3 lemonades left from the 10-pack his mother gave him, and he still had.. something dear to him with him. There were a lot of people around telling people where to go for the dorms. He also saw signs for a town called 'Oak Town', whatever that could be. He also saw people battling each other on the side of the road. 2 people, one trainer had something that looked like a small medieval sword, like one of these mercenaries would have. His trainer called it 'Honedge'. The other trainer had what looked like a Marowak, but it was all dark, and had mysterious flames on his bones. There were so many things Arwyn didn't know about Pokémon.

The urge to battle someone quickly came up in Arwyn's mind. He didn't battle often, but he used to always watch the Unova League each year it came up on TV, and it was kind of his dream to participate in the Unova League. His Scraggy also loved battling, but he hasn't battled for quite a while. Arwyn actually felt a bit guilty of that. Maybe someone in his dorm would like to battle him? Arwyn wasn't going to bother anyone, in any case. After a bit of walking, he arrived at his dorm. 2 statues of the legendary pokémon Entei were standing in front of him. Looks like this was really it.

Last edited:

Pikamander7

Ace Trainer
Years
Lucas McMillan
On the Island (Day 1)

Lucas smiled, his headphones pumping music into his ears as he looks out over the front of the S.S. Tidal. He had departed from Stern's Shipyard only a few days before, and he could already see the island on the horizon. Ace was asleep on Lucas's bunk, but Aaron was standing next to Lucas. He was ready for anything. The first thing he was gonna do was get to his dorm and set up his game system and do some training on his laptop. Lucas smiled as he imagined fighting someone new on the island. He looked down at Aaron and Aaron chirped back. This is gonna be great, Lucas thought, looking ahead.
Lucas soon reached the island. He waved as Captain Stern took the Tidal back toward the Hoenn Region. Lucas put Ace and Aaron back into their Poke balls and started wandering around.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Ivrant Lehort and Rylie Larus: Suicune Dorm

A slight glare of the sun's rays hit Ivrant right on the face which was more then enough to get him to start waking up. "Mnnghh.... note to self... set up some sheets..." Ivrant grumbled to himself. It still felt a bit too early to get moving to classes but it would at least give him some time to explore the dorm and the rest of the area. When he arrived to the Academy, Ivrant headed straight to his dorm and passed right out so he didn't have a chance to get a good look at the area. After giving off a big yawn, Ivrant got up from his bed an slipped on a pair of Slide on shoes. He was still dressed in Pajamas. A simple white T-shirt and black shorts. It was efficient enough to at least go out and grab some breakfast first before getting ready for the rest of the day. Ivrant checked the mirror to straighten out his hair a bit so he would at least look presentable on the way out. The lobby downstairs was serving breakfast to welcome all of the new students so he wanted to make sure to grab something before they ran out! He'd get himself ready for the rest of the day afterwards. Ivrant headed out the door and start to make his way down to the lobby.

Rylie herself was already up and walking down the hall. She has always been somewhat of a morning person, Although the morning sun being reflected brightly and harshly off the snow back at home probably helped contribute to that quite a bit. Walking down the hall towards the lobby she gave a quick pat down of her new dorm blue jacket and undershirt, giving it a rather lazy straightening down before figuring it was "Good enough". As she looked up again from her clothes she noticed a rather tired looking boy in glasses leaving one of the dorm rooms. Raising her brow a bit at how he's dressed she calls out to him as she approaches, "Huh, I figured you'd have to dress up at least a bit before they would serve you." she said with a bit of a mocking tone
Ivrant turned his head toward the voice, figuring it was talking about him. If she didn't speak first, Ivrant would have easily confused her for a male. "Hmm? Hey I'm wearing shorts I figure that should be good enough. At least I'm wearing something eh? Though now that I think about it, bringing my jacket would have looked alot better." He chuckled. Ivrant looked her over a moment. Now he was starting to regret no getting fully dressed himself. So much for impressions! He didn't comment further though. No need to spark anything when he's barely out of bed!

"Tch, I don't blame you too much. Might have done the same myself if I were as tired as you look." She said continuing to prod a bit. Giving him a closer look over herself she gave a bit of a odd look at his hair, never really seeing anyone under the age of forty with white hair. "Heck!" She exclaims, finally managing to break her stare "I didn't even figure anyone else would be up now, and here I was figuring I'd get the Lobby to myself."

Ivrant gave a small chuckle at that. He was a little nervous with how she was staring at him and his hair though. "Haha, to be honest I was thinking the same thing. Figured I'd snag some food while it was fresh so didn't really bother getting dressed up yet. The trip from Kalos did more of a number on me then I thought though. Wonder if they have good Coffee here... might be a good time to try that out." Ivrant grinned and turned his head to her. "Best snag some food now before someone else gets the good stuff! Oh, I'm Ivrant by the way." He said, holding a hand out to her.

"Huh, I didn't even think of that. Add one more perk to being an early bird then!" she said sounding somewhat excited. Giving a bit of a fist pump as she walked down the hall. "My trip started rather early, I think the reason I heard was that the Pilot wanted to get off the ground before the sun rose. It gets really bright during the day where I'm from." She said before turning her attention back down the hall, as the boy introduced himself, Looking for the correct turn towards the Lobby. "Oh, Sorry. Rylie here." She says, giving his hand a friendly slap as she continued looking for the turn. "I think our breakfast is around this corner." She said, giving a bit of a nod towards the left turn.

"Oh yeah I think I can already smell it!" Ivrant said excitedly. "I'll try not to be too spoiled. The food back at Lumiose city is pretty hard to compare." Ivrant chuckled as he made his way to the Lobby. There were already a few early bird students up and about. Some fully dressed and ready and others looking worse then Ivrant! He suddenly felt a lot better about himself. "Heh, see? I coulda been dressed alot worse for this" He joked as he started looking around for where the food was being served. There was a short line going by one of the tables that had platters set up for various food and drinks.

"Alright, fine. I still expected it to be completely empty in here, guess that was a bit optimistic of me to think that." She said, visibly rolling her eyes. "I guess at least the line is short." She said, pulling a plate from the stack. Down the line she loads several biscuits on her plate and smothers them with gravy. Finally at the end she adds a rather unreasonable amount of both salt and pepper to her meal. "Alright, that's looking good for me then. What are you haven'?"

Ivrant checked out the various food layed out along the table. A lot of it was very different from what he usually had in Kalos. He started off by picking up a few biscuits himself and putting them on. "Hmmmm... eggs are sounding pretty good right now actually" Ivrant said as he placed a good chunk of scrambled eggs along with a few hash browns and bacon on top of that. Ivrant had quite the appetite. Ivrant walked on over to a nearby table and placed his food down. "So where are you from? Your definately handling the morning way better then I was." Ivrant asked.

Rylie was already a quarter of her way into the plate as Ivrant sat down. Clearly, she was either a fast eater or just famished from her trip. "Yeah, I'm from Snowpeak City, northern Sinnoh" She said looking up from her food for a moment. "Well, it barely qualifies as a city if you ask me. More like a very large town. As for the whole morning thing, it's kind of a common trait where I'm from. The sun likes to reflect off the snow on clear days making it very bright, especially in the morning. Seriously, it gets to the point where many of us keep sunglasses on us at all times, we like to call them snow shades."

Ivrant was digging into his food while Rylie was explaining. She wasn't the only one who was famished! "Mmmmnh! Snow shades? The more you know huh? Like I said I'm from Lumiouse City. Heart of Kalos! Its a pretty darn bright city so guess that explains my morning situation haha. My dad works up in the town north from there at the Pokeball factory so we've been living there since I was born. Sinnoh though huh? Haven't traveled outside of my own region before. This is actually my first time leaving so far from home."

"Pff, you say that like I've ever been too far outside the city. Nah, never been too far outside of Snowpoint myself. Furthest I've been away being the few times my parents would bring me closer to the mountains with them for their study." She said, taking a bite of her food in between sentences. "So, Heart of Kalos huh? Probably way bigger than Snowpoint then. Heck, probably a lot more to do as well. Unless you're really into the slopes there isn't too much to do around where I am."

Ivrant took a bite from his eggs before continuing. "Mmmhm! They got all sorts of stuff! They have three resturants where they serve both foods and battles! The faster you finish your battle, the faster you enjoy your food. Its pretty fun and totally worth it for the foods quality.. They even have Gogoat taxis around the city for traveling place to place. That's only a small bit of whats there but darn, I'm gonna start getting homesick talking about home like this!" He laughed before continuing to dig into his food.

Rylie puts down her fork, Her plate already clear of everything but some leftover gravy. She takes a large drink from her water glass before leaning back into her chair, making herself comfortable. "Homesick? Already? We've barely been here a day! I barely even know what's here!" She said scoffing a bit. "Heck, now that I think of it, what am I going to do today? Part of 4me just wants to wander around the school but… I dunno, anything would be better than staying cooped up in my room all day."

Ivrant finished up his own food as well and chugged down the rest of his drink. "Hmm... I think we might have classes to go to later today. I gotta check back in my room for a schedule. I was thinking of walking around the academy before class to get used to the area. That is if Dynamo isn't getting eager to train... Ah, I hadn't even introduced my Pokemon yet!" Ivrant said, pulling out a Pokeball and pressing the button in front of it.. The ball opened on up and out came his Rosellia, Dynamo. "This is my Pokemon, Dynamo! Dunno how I would have made it into the dorm without him."

Rylie sighed loudly, very visibly rolling her eyes at the news. "Oh geez really? I thought I heard we didn't have class today! All my school supplies are still in cardboard." She slouched rather disappointedly as she continued listening to Ivrant speak, dreading her impending classes. "Dynamo huh? We don't really have Pokémon like this where I'm from, you can probably guess why. I guess I should introduce you to mine as well then huh?" She said before pulling her own ball in kind, letting out the Swinub inside. Clearing her places to the side of the table she picks him and places him on top of it. "This here is my Dust mop, Hakan. Don't worry about him being on the table, I doubt he'll move too much." Sure enough she seemed to be correct about that, Hakan did little more than move in place a bit as he was on the table.

Dynamo hopped on top of the Table to get a good look at Hakan. The way Dynamo moved had a hint of grace to it. "Dynamo here is a bit of a show off. You should see him in battle. Always trying to look his best while dishing out a beatdown." Ivrant smiled. "Huh... do we not? I might have to ask around... I kind of passed out as soon as I got off the boat so I never really looked into it... Guess it'd be as good of a time as ever to get ready. I still gotta shower and everything. Wanna walk and talk? I'm done with my food."

"Geez, I wish Hakan was a bit more like that. He always requires a bit of prodding to do anything. At least he usually does it rather well once he starts moving though." She says shaking her head as she looks down at her "Dust Mop". "That's what I've heard at least, don't remember from where though. I really hope I'm right…" She said, again with a deep sigh. "Okay, I should probably get up as well. I've at least showered but I still need to unpack a bit in case there are classes. Let's go ahead and go." She said, pushing herself away from the table and returning Hakan to his ball.

Ivrant did the same and returned Dynamo into his ball as well. Now that he was up and about, Ivrant was definitely going to have to put him through another training session. "Well if ya wanna get Hakan a little more active we could try having a battle later. I know I got a bit of a disadvantage as far as the type goes but the experience would be good for Dynamo. If we have classes, we should meet up and do that later!"

"Aw man, how did you figure he was an Ice type?" She teased, giving a very sarcastic looking smirk. "I'd be up for that. It's been a couple weeks since Hakan has gotten into a battle so he could really use it. Heck, Both of us probably could." She says, arms crossed with a bit of a smile. "Here I'll give you my number then, if it is after class you can text me and we'll find a place then." Pulling out a gel pen from her pocket she searched around a bit before turning back to Ivrant. "You don't have any paper, do you? Oh, and don't mind the pen. Just found it laying around."

"Ah, Paper? Uh, hang on a second my room is right here." Ivrant said as he opened up the door. "Should have a little notepad somewhere in here..." Ivrant quickly made his way into the room and dug around his bags for a notebook. He still had yet to unpack everything besides a change of clothes so a few pieces of clothing were laid out by his bags. He had to organize his stuff when he had the chance. "Ah here we go." Ivrant said as he pulled out a small notepad and handed it to her. "Barely out of bed and already making friend here. Good start I'd say right? I'll throw ya my number too and let ya know when I find a place."

Rylie pulls out her pen and quickly scribbles down her number on the pad of paper before handing it back to Ivrant. "There you go, just send me a message later with your name in it and I'll just add you that way alright? Anyway, I guess I'm off to make sure I'm ready. I'm half tempted just to throw everything unopened into my bag and just go along as I need it but eh… Anyway, See you later!" She calls out, waving her hand as she walks away.

"You got it! I'll see ya later Rylie. Feel free to drop by if ya wanna chat!" Ivrant said. He quickly pulled out his Pokegear and was inputted the number and quickly sent over a text. "It's Ivrant. First day and already got a girl's number! Good start right? lol. Looking forward to the battle!" He figured a joke would be a good first text to send. That'd be enough to get things setup. All Ivrant had to do now was get ready for the day. Not wasting anymore time, Ivrant slipped out of his PJ's and hopped into the shower.

As Rylie walked down the hall she felt her own device buzzing in her pocket, pulling it out as she walked she read over the message. "Ugh, I didn't even think of that…" she groaned to herself before messaging back. "You do know I'm gonna have to beat you for that joke, Right?"

Ivrant had his Pokegear set nearby. Before he headed into the water he heard it buzz and checked out the message. "Heh, well looking forward to it! Bring your best! Heading in shower will be slow on replies" Ivrant typed out and sent it before finally heading into the water.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
ERIC DAMON: ENTEI DORM

Before he would board the boat to Oak Island from Vermilion City, Eric had one very important thing to do in Lavender Town. Today was the one-year anniversary of his girlfriend Peggy's death at the hands of Team Rocket. and so he felt obligated to pay his respects.

Eric noticed a chill going down his spine as he decorated the final resting place of his one true love.

"Hey, babe, it's me." Eric said, with a single tear climbing from his eye. "I start at the Trainer's Academy soon. Hopefully I'll be able to avenge you, my love. I'll bring Team Rocket to justice, so nobody has to suffer the way you did.

Eric heard the kindly, yet sassy voice of his beloved from beyond the grave congratulate him. It was soft, but obviously her.

"I must get going. The next boat leaves in two hours. I'll study hard to become the best, just for you." Eric continued, then proceeding to kiss the headstone, before heading off to Vermilion Port.

It took about an hour and a half for Eric to make it to port. His backpack weighed him down more than expected.

Eric clutched the locket in his pocket, and thought aloud.

"One day, I'll find away to set things right."

Soon he made it to the port, grabbed the ticket for the boat to Oak Island, and quickly gave it to the guy at the checkpoint.

Eric found his room, number 42, and dozed off, not even bothering to change clothes or even get under the covers.

Eric woke up minutes before the PA announced their arrival to Oak Island Academy.

He was the first to make it off the boat, and looked for the Entei dorm. He found it after wandering aimlessly for half an hour.

He got in, found room 91, which was his bedroom apparently, and slowly set up to make it truly his.

"Thank Arceus I made it here finally." Eric said. "Now to study."

Eric studied from a book of battle strategies. He preferred all-out offense and type coverage to defeat any foe. Litleo and Shuppet both came out of their Pokeballs to play without Eric having any say in the matter.

Luckily Eric had finished taking as many notes as possible before Litleo starting pawing at his leg.

Eric realized that someone left a message on his Holo Caster. Lenora, the former Nacrene City Gym Leader (and aunt of the late Peggy), left a message saying she wanted to check in on Eric,

Eric sent a quick thank-you reply, and let Litleo pounce on him like he was an opponent or prey.

Litleo nibbled on Eric, who pretended to be in pain to encourage his partner. Shuppet was floating around in circles to intentionally make herself dizzy.

After about ten minutes, they wanted to go back in their Pokeballs and rest again, and Eric obliged.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
YDwE2cr_d.jpg

060MS.png
Pupui The Poliwag

Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png

DOROTHY ROSELAND

- In The Dorms -

"You don't think it's um, too many plush bears?" The question hung in the air as Dorothy continued to admire the pastel-colored possessions. Pokémon dolls littered the room, concentrated on one corner that was reserved for leisure time.

Snow blue rope lights were loosely held on the ceiling; they would start from the edge and arch over to the center, like upside down rainbows. It gave off enough lighting for Dorothy, albeit it looked too solemn according to Mr. Roseland. One could even argue a full moon gave off more.

The bed was given a thick blanket whose excess was tucked beneath the cushion. It smelled of cheap freshness, the emerald coloring matching well with the large and fluffy magenta pillows. On her desk sat a small laptop with a cute mouse connected to its side. By this desk one can find the mini fridge, microwave, and toaster stacked over one another like a white mountain. Unfortunately altogether it's taller than the poor girl, requiring her to use a pikachu stool if she ever wants to burn some toast.

But that's as far as Dorothy went so far. The rest of her belongings remained in the last box, which had been sloppily opened. Meanwhile Pupui had been playing with the empty boxes. He would run while in them, sliding and bumping against the obstacles that stood in his way.

She giggled at his antics, rummaging through the last box. But upon hearing him nearly knock down the kitchen appliances she began to worry. "B-be careful! I don't want you getting hurt!" Dorothy blurted out, her upper body swiveling towards the Poliwag.

With her father present Pupui was in the best of behaviors. He had helped Mr. Roseland and the Machamps earlier with decorating the dorm and collecting what Dotti needed for the academy.

And now the critter is running blind with a box as armor. She couldn't blame him however. For the entire plane ride he had been cooped up in his Pokéball, denied the chance to take up a comfy seat.

Speaking of that plane ride.

Dorothy' s body remained tensed; cheeks flushed, breaths quickened, and body jittery from nerves. The trip out the plane and into her dorm was daunting. Despite Mr. Roseland's company, Dorothy felt helpless and insecure. New faces, uncharted territory, and the possibilities where her clumsiness would shine were staggering.

Her attention had been focused on the dorm, not wanting to lock eyes with an unsuspecting student. Of course, not without the occasional glance down her path to prevent a face plant.

The loud sound of a music box jolted her back to the present. It was from her cell and it was emanating from her bed.

"It's mom!" Dorothy mumbled to herself excitedly, recognizing the delightful ringtone. Pupui slapped the box away with his tail, ready to eavesdrop. Without hesitation she returned the box with the others, pining her phone inbetween her shoulder and ear.

"-he's on his way home ma, yeah... ... no no! ... no no no! It's okay, I don't need it- ... ... no really ma, I'll be okay without it. I know they accept mail here if you want to... yeah! I can do that, I'll message it to you when I know... ... o-oh um, sorry, still kinda um, nervous and scared and... yeah, you're right-"

To his dismay the conversation got dull rather quickly. The water-type scanned the vicinity, letting out a yip the moment he found the spot. Whilst Dorothy conversated he leaped into the last box, aware that nothing fragile was kept inside. There he burst out of its contents, a small bed in his possession.

"-yes, it's very beautiful here! A-and I fixed my room too! ... ... yeah, I'm nervous about that too. B-but I think it won't be so bad. ... I miss you too mom-"

----

Pupui had long passed out in his tiny bed by the time Dorothy had finished her call. Whistles came out of the tadpole with every exhale, something she found endearing. But too endearing. She didn't want to wake up sleeping beauty, seeing as how he has done quite the work today. Afterall, she may be starving, but he's already had his fill.

It won't be for too long. She hopes.

For reassurance Dorothy quickly attempts to sketch her future whereabouts on the nearest scrap paper. A stick figure followed by lines leading to a table with food was the best she could come up with. She's aware that returning him to his pokéball would eliminate the dilemma, but he's far too accustomed to being... well, out of it.

With the note set in front of him, and a cute treat left behind out of love, she sets out with her newly-purchased black cross-body bag.

Dorothy takes a deep breath, hairs on end as she toyed with the doorknob. "To... the cafeteria," she nervously mumbled, having hoped it would've given her courage.

It didn't.

The door creaked when only a sliver had been opened, causing her to freeze. Already her heart thumped rapidly, fearing the sound may have alerted her presence to a nearby stranger.

Whale calls erupted from her stomach, nudging her to continue her trek forward.

Starving and frightful she opened the door wide enough for her tiny frame to step through. The keys clicked against one another as they were lifted with one hand, the other cautiously closing the door as to not wake up Pupui. Upon its closure Dorothy locked it up.

After guessing which direction to travel in she trades the keys for the map in search of the cafeteria.

She changes direction instantly, embarrassed she guessed wrong.

Day 1

Megaman765

Years
Ivrant Lehort: Leaving the Dorm

Ivrant finally finished up with his shower and got his towel firmly wrapped around himself. When he walked back into his room he dug into his bags and started to properly arrange all of his clothes and start hanging them in his closet while laying out what he planned to wear today. He figured since it was still early he may as well unpack before heading on out! Once he got to his backpack he pulled out a small case the was filled with various small tools. He figured bringing his tools for Pokeball creation would have been a good distraction from school work. While he couldn't create one for himself quite yet he had a little experience with modifying Pokeballs and at least adding seals on them to create more eye catching effects whenever mon are called out. He was looking forward to showing this off in his first upcoming battle!After a good hour or so, Ivrant finished getting the rest of his stuff unpacked and finally got himself properly dressed for the rest of the day. One top of his Suicune Jacket, Ivrant wore a white T-shirt underneath and a pair of brown jeans. If he was going to get himself mixed into a battle perhaps getting properly prepared would have been a smart move. Or better yet, catching another Pokemon to cover his clear weaknesses. Although he had no idea where to even look. He was considering a water pokemon just incase he had to deal with a fire type or something in the future.. Maybe the library had information on Pokemon habitats around the island? Heading out the door and making sure it was properly locked up, Ivrant made his way outside and began to make his way out. He had a fairly decent sense of direction at least. It couldn't be too difficult to get to the library right?

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years

f8b82867b0060002b9d89c93ba3fa0ee.jpg
Desmond Allen

A Look to the Future and a Blast from the Past

Desmond stood in front of the large Entei statue and looked up at it in awe. Even though it was just a statue, it still felt like raw power was radiating from it. It was his dream to train Pokemon as strong as the legendary dog and the great Entei house was going to help him do just that. It was the first day of school at Pokemon Trainer Academy for Desmond and he couldn't be more excited. He was ready for the next step in his quest to be the best and so far he had seen so many other strong trainers having battles across the school grounds. This made Desmond even more proud of his decision to apply to this school. With a deep breath, Desmond took his first steps into the hallowed Entei dorm.

The dorm was fairly manageable to navigate as each floor had single person rooms organized numerically down the halls. On the first floor was a large common room. He was going to have to stop by that room later, and meet some of his fellow Enteis. Finally, Desmond reached his room on the 5th floor, room 210. Sliding his key out of the welcome packet, he heard the door next to his open up.

Turning towards the sound he said, "Hi there, I'm Desmond, looks like we're gonna be....neighbors....." Desmond couldn't believe his eyes, it was like he had seen a ghost.

"D...Daro?"

Before him was the last person Desmond had ever expected to see at PTA. Daro, his work partner, who he had executed nefarious missions with for that Cipher disciple group in Orre. The same Daro he hadn't seen in 2 years. Daro...his best friend.

Tears began welling up in Desmond's eyes as he hugged his long, lost friend.

"I can't believe its really you! Hecate, come on out and see who it is!" The Umbreon appeared from its ball and immediately rubbed up against Daro's legs, letting loose some purr sounds.

"You've gotta tell me where you've been! I've missed you so much! I've got so much to tell you! Wanna grab lu..."

"Shut up!"

Desmond and Hecate were pushed back into the wall.

"W...what?"

"You heard me. Leave me alone. We are not friends. Not after what you did. You ruined my life!"

"W-what are you talking about!? I saved your life!"

Daro just scowled and walked away.

"If you're smart, you'll be wise to stay out of my way."

"Daro!"

It was no use though, Daro wanted nothing to do with him. Desmond had finally found his best friend and already he was ripped away from his grasp again. Maybe PTA wasn't going to be as great as he thought...

"C'mon Hecate, let's go unpack."

Desmond opened the door and somberly walked into his room. What a way to start his first day.

Last edited:

Pikamander7

Ace Trainer
Years
Lucas McMillan
Lost in the Woods (Day 1)

Lucas didn't pay any attention to other people as he wandered. His surroundings were drowned out by the music from his headphones and his own thoughts. He had most of his belongings in his backpack. After a while of wandering, Lucas found himself in a forest. Confused, Lucas turned off his music and removed his headphones. He now proceeded with caution, as to find out where he was and how to get out. He thought he heard rustling around him, so he called out Ace. The little Growlithe was fast asleep, so Lucas woke tried to wake him up. After multiple tries, Ace stared at him with groggy eyes and got up off the ground. Lucas smiled and turned around, but he fell back as a Pokemon leapt at his face. Lucas hit the ground, feeling the Pokemon land on his face. Ace growled and pushed the Pokemon off. Lucas sat up, and saw that the Pokemon was a Drilbur! "Ace, use Crunch!" He called as Ace growled at the Drilbur. The Drilbur sidestepped and Ace rammed his head into a tree. Ace tried again and managed to bite the Drilbur's leg. It squeaked and fell to the ground. "Hit it with an Ember!" As Ace was preparing the attack, the Drilbur struck him in the nose. It got free from Ace's jaws and tried to run off. "Not today. Ace! Use Ember!" Ace shot a small burst of fire into the Drilbur's back. It fell face first onto the ground. Lucas promptly threw a Poke Ball and stared at it in anticipation. One shake. Two shakes! The ball shook three times and clicked shut. Lucas ran over to the ball and grabbed it. He caught a Drilbur! He put the Poke Ball in a side pocket on his backpack. Now to get out of the woods.

Last edited:
Years
Shelby Hampton

"Are you going to help me unpack or just stand around eating snacks all day?" Shelby rolled her eyes at her sister's nagging and tied her hair in a sloppy bun, blowing a few strands of hair from her face. She adjusted her glasses and sighed. She didn't understand why Audrey felt the sudden need to stay by her side so much. She had already gotten what she wanted. Couldn't she go to her own dorm with her nose buried in a book like always? Why did she pick now to try and hang around, when just months ago she had been begging to leave?

"You invited yourself here, Audrey. I told you I could unpack on my own. Shouldn't you be in your own dorm?" Shelby put a few candy bars into her sweater pocket and looked over at her twin. Even though they looked practically identical, they had completely different clothing choices. Shelby enjoyed wearing jeans and comfortable sweaters, while Audrey preferred to look like a typical prep with blouses, ties, and plaid skirts making up most of her wardrobe. The older Hampton twin took time to curl her hair perfectly every morning, even dabbling in makeup a little bit and switching out her glasses for contacts. Today she was dressed in a blue blazer over a white blouse and a plaid skirt. Her face scrunched up as she looked over at her younger sister, who had quietly opened a candy bar while she was distracted.

"If you keep eating snacks like that, Shub, you're going to get fat."

Shub. Shelby hated that nickname. It was a stupid childhood nickname from one of the playground bullies in Nacrene, but it had somehow stuck with her all these years. She would have thought that her sister would have picked up on the fact that she didn't like the name. Then again, Audrey wasn't that great at picking up on other people's feelings. Books hadn't been able to teach her that. She had a habit of bluntly saying whatever came to her mind, either not caring or just not aware of how it made her look. It was a great tool for fending off unwanted attention from boys on the playground... Not so great for personal relationships.

"I'm going for a walk. If you're going to hang around in my dorm, don't stay too long," Shelby huffed, holding the candy in her mouth as she grabbed Cream from the bed. The Vanillite let out a puff of cold breath as she was picked up and rolled her eyes. Her soft complaint went ignored by her trainer, who plucked her backpack from the floor and left the room before Audrey could say anything. Shelby didn't care much about where she went. She just wanted to be away from her sister.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
- Aoife Breen -

"Mona, is the poster crooked?" Aoife was holding a large sheet of paper against the wall, just slightly above her head.

The bipedal feline glanced in her trainer's directed and eyed the colourful poster. After a few moments, Mona nodded.

"Thought so, thanks Mona" The redheaded girl was about to readjust the sheet, but before she could, a lavender aura surrounded it and tilted slightly to the left. Instead of freaking out, Aoife smiled, knowing whose work that was. "And another thanks," she said, wearing a light smile.

In response, Mona snapped her eyes shut and opened them seconds later. The Sailor Lunala poster, which featured a teenage girl wearing a glammed-up sailor uniform, then lost its glowing edges. There, right across from Aoife's bed, hung Sailor Luna and her Purrloin advisor, posed in battle mode, ready to fight crime. A few other accessories from the franchise could be seen in the room, most notable of which being a plash of said Purrloin advisor resting atop her headboard.

It was fairly early in the day, but Aoife had already finished her morning activities, which included brushing her teeth and getting dressed. Today, she was wearing an olive coloured baseball-tee, dark denim jeans, and a new pair of grey slip-on work boots. Her hair was slightly frizzled, as it was when it got humid outside.

"Let's go grab some food," the redhead suggested, feeling her stomach growl slightly. After earning a nod from her partner, the duo headed out. Luckily, Aoife brought a map, as one day hadn't been enough to get a good lay of the land…

Dawn

Years
Silvana Walcha Arle
q21lMKv.png
VLVnDyX.png
<table border='0'><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
4mGgxnX.png

Level 10
Moves
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding-top:6px;padding-left:6px;padding-right:6px;'>
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr></table>​
Ivrant would discover an oddly dressed girl peering into the library from across the hall as he approached the library. She looked just ... well, out of place! The shiny armor on her upper body made her look like some sort of cosplayer, but if she was it wasn't it was a pretty convincing set piece. Y'know, if most of it wasn't missing. She quickly slipped inside without noticing him though.

Silvana could be found energetically bouncing about the library inside, having just asked the librarian for some directions. She flocked down an isle, disappearing from sight to begin browsing. Several moments later, her voice could be heard for the first time. "Perfect!" she quietly blurted out. ...Or well, it seemed perfect anyway. She was judging books by their cover here, give her a break! She promptly re-emerged with a book labeled "A Story of Sorcery". The look on her face could only be described by one word: giddy. Yet, as she moved to sit down and began reading it something changed. Her expression slowly shifted into something more frustrated. The giddiness vanished as quickly as it had arrived.

This dusty old tome...

...was nothing but fiction!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
O3rH3yy.gif
Naomi Junn
Oak Island Pokémon Academy
Arrival

Current Party​
0ILsiTX.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

Inventory​
pokeball.png
- x4 Poké Balls
potion.png
- x5 Potions
antidote.png
- x1 Antidote
oranberry.png
- x1 Oran Berry​

Naomi figured that some might call this poetic justice. For some time now, she had spent so much of her time trying to avoid going to school whenever possible. Now, without any warning at all, her family was more or less depending on her to get somewhat of a proper education. The brown-haired girl stared with lazy eyes at the imposing academy standing before her. From all sides, she could see many kids bustling around the campus. Some of them appeared to be her age, while many also appeared to be a bit younger as well. One thing was for sure, however. Regardless of their age, they definitely all seemed to fit the bill of what one would imagine an academy student to look like... At least, they did so for her.

"Naomi... What the hell have you gotten yourself into...?" she sighed, reaching into the pocket of her shorts to pull out a small lighter as well as a small carton containing several cigarettes.

Naomi had not been able to smoke any on the way over towards the island where this prestigious Oak Island Pokémon Academy made its home. Truth be told, her nerves were getting to be quite the frazzled mess at this point. She wasn't sure if it was from the lack of nicotine being taken in through her body or the fact that the future of not only herself, but her grandfather and sister were depending on her or some combination of the both. Regardless, she had plans to try and take a little bit of the edge she was feeling as quickly as possible.

Taking a cigarette from the pack, Naomi placed it gently between her lips before lighting it and taking a deep, satisfying drag. A rather satisfied sigh escaped the lips of the brown-haired teenager, as she could already feel a bit of the edge leaving her body. Yes, this was definitely just the thing she needed to calm herself down a bit. In fact, Naomi would have went as far as to say that this was absolutely going to turn things around and make this the perfect day... that is, until she felt a small tug on her hand.

Glancing down, Naomi noticed her cohort and faithful companion, Franky the Totodile, staring up at her with a rather derpy looking grin plastered on his face. The water Pokémon's tail was slowly wagging back and forth. A look of want was evident in his eyes. Naomi rolled her eyes, taking another drag of her cigarette before kneeling down to the Totodile's level.

"Alright... What do ya want, squirt...?" she questioned, giving Franky a look of mock irritation. The Totodile quickly began to gurgle and point towards his long, fangy snout, but soon found himself cutoff by the low, audible sound of a grumbling stomach. "Lemme guess... You're hungry, right?"

Franky began to nod excitedly, practically dancing in place where he stood. The scene would have most likely been rather cute to those who didn't know them. However for Naomi, it could be quite irritating at times. Franky had just managed to get a hold of her ham and cheese sandwich that she ordered on the boat ride over to the island, an act that had caused his trainer to go hungry for the duration of the ride herself. Now, the little alligator Pokémon was already demanding another meal. Naomi was beginning to think that the little Totodile was literally a bottomless pit.

"Alright, alright... Chill out, Franky," Naomi sighed, rising back up to her feet. "If I remember that map that we read on the ride over, there should be some place to scrounge up some grub somewhere around here. All we need to do is just track it down."

That answer was more than enough for Franky. Without warning, the Totodile quickly began to waddle past Naomi in search of something to fill his empty belly. Naomi watched with mild amusement as she took another puff of her cigarette and began to follow behind the hungry Pokémon. Yes, she could tell this was going to be quite the interesting experience.

Megaman765

Years
Ivrant and Dorthy- Outside of the Dorms

Ivrant didn't get too far off from his Dorm yet. He didn't want to wander off too far without knowing where exactly he was going. There had to be a few noteable landmarks he could use as reference while searching for the Library. He also needed to know where the nearest Pokemon Center was as well just incase he got wrapped up in another battle. He had to be properly prepared for later after all. Maybe the Cafeteria would be a good place to look for as well... Ivrant decided it might just be best to take a couple of detours around the academy before reaching his final destination. At least this way he'd find a great spot to battle in as well! "Hrm... where to check out first..." Ivrant held up the map and started to inspect the different routes closely.

Dorothy was nervous. Very nervous. Her mind was set on food, yet her body was demonstrating all the tell-tale signs of anxiety. With her father the way to the room was difficult, but not as mind numbing as... this. But with every step she felt more and more relieved, as if exiting her room was a giant obstacle she finally surpassed. With this newfound sense of pride she reaches the end of Raikou dorm, map in hand. It was slightly creased from how tight it had been held, reminding her that she still had a long way to go.

Small hands touched the doors leading to the outside, their cold surface making her flinch. And with force she pushed and...

The doors were heavier than she had recalled. A quick swivel of her head showed no signs of students behind, sparing her the embarrassment.

So gain she tried, this time succeeding with the addition of more strength. Upon opening she was witness to the flurry of blurs outside. Their figures walked and ran amok, their enthusiasm, or lack thereof, adding a sense of welcoming to the atmosphere.

"T-this is it... um." Dorothy lifted the map for viewing, able to locate the cafeteria in mere seconds.

Confident, she began to walk towards her destination, eyes glued on the map. Glances were thrown here and there, allowing her to evade any who would stumble upon her path.

Vrrrrrrrrrr.

Startled, she swiftly rummaged her bag for the vibrating device, ignoring the outside world for mere seconds to-

The collision of her body against another sent her bag plummeting to the ground. Immediately Dorothy panicked, hands slammed together in front of her chest in reaction, body slightly bent down.

"I-I'm so sorry, I really really didn't mean to!" she forced out, face flushed from shame. Her leg instinctively moved towards the bag, pushing it closer to her body.

Ivrant nearly toppled onto the ground from whoever impacted with him and ended up causing him to drop his own bag in the process. He was suddenly really happy he didn't bring his Pokeball toolkit. He folded up his map and quickly took a look down to see who it was and it turned out to be a younger girl. Ivrant felt at fault here but she seemed to beat him to the punch at that. "Ah don't worry I didn't see where I was going either. I'd take alot of us are still getting lost around this island. Its alot bigger then I already imagined." Ivrant said, glancing down at the bag and back up to her. Ivrant did the same and reached down to pick his own bag up. He didn't have a whole lot inside of it besies a notebook or two so it wasn't all that heavy. "Been a pretty eventful first day so far! You alright?" Ivrant asked.

"I'm good! Y-yeah, but I'm still so sorry, um." Dorothy slid the bag back into place, fingers now wrapped around the string. The map and cell were snuggly tucked inside, safe from impact against the cold concrete.

Her mouth opened, a sentence already mentally formed, but upon inspection of the student she grew perplexed. She felt diminutive standing beside the stranger, his glasses reflecting her image.

"I didn't hurt you, did I?" she worriedly asked.

Ivrant dusted himself off. He'd only been talking to her for less then a minute and she was already the most adorable thing on the island. "Oh no you're alright. You didn't crash into anything "vital" anyways. Could have been worse!" He joked, noting the height difference. "I was actually going to check out the island before I started looking for the Library. Trying to get used to walking around this island... oh! My name is Ivrant by the way." He said, holding out a hand to her.

She flinched upon his action, still on edge from the collision. "That's a nice name," she began, shoulders relaxing. "M-my name is Dorothy. Roseland." Hesitating, her fragile hand reached over, meeting his own. The touch warmed her, like breaking a forbidden barrier she didn't realize was there.

It wasn't as strenuous as she first pictured, her first day on the island. In fact, already she's making progress getting comfortable with speaking to a stranger.

Progress, yes!

Her feet shuffled, fear slowly being dripped away from her. "It's n-nice to meet you!" she chirped, voice breaking near the end. It caught her by surprise, her crack, that her hand slipped away to cover her mouth.

This girl would the end of Ivrant if this level of adorable kept up. Ivrant smiled down at her and replied back. "Likewise Dorothy. Guessing you're also new here if your wandering around like the rest of us huh? I'm pretty interested in what Pokemon are hanging around the island... figured the library would be a nice spot to check out. Heheh. So where are you on your way too?" He asked, almost tempted to kneel down and get on eye level with her but had a feeling that'd be kind of demeaning.

"Mhm." Once the thought of the voice break subsided she dropped her arm. "I was going to get some breakfast. K-kinda hungry and stuff um." The map was pulled out, but only to remain rolled between her fingers. "And I really hope you get to your dorm," Dorothy uttered, having just now noticed the Suicune Jacket. "I mean! The library, sorry."

"I'm not taking up your time... am I? she inquired, worried.

"Ah no not at all. No classes means I got all the time in the world today!" Ivrant said cheerfully. "Food though huh? Our dorm was serving breakfast this morning but might be a little late now. Otherwise I'd have snuck some food out hahaha. An idea for another day though" He said, giving a sly wink. "Though as for the Cafeteria... lets seee..." Ivrant opened up his map and sat down in the grass nearby to get out of everyone elses way. He didn't walk too far away from the Suicune Dorm so he had a landmark to start from. The Academy was south of all the various dorms and it looked like the Pokemon Center was just past that near the Battlegrounds. From the looks of it, the Cafeteria wasn't too far off either. "Ah here we are. Its a bit of a walk but looks like the Cafeteria is closer to the Academy buildings. They got a Pokemon Center nearby too looks like!" Ivrant said, pointing at the map and trailing out a path. He wasn't sure how accurate he'd be following the path but Ivrant certaintly sounded confident in his navigation. "I was heading down there anyways if you wanna walk on down together. The Library should be closeby also."

During his explanation Dorothy sat down, legs underneath to feel the soft blades of the grass against her skin. There was space between her and Ivrant, wide enough to seat her dear poliwag.

To be already tagging along, much less meet somebody in the first day, made her grin. Surely her parents would enthuse with glee, aware their daughter is making progress so rapidly.

"Um, only if you want" she replied timidly, fingers circling each other. "I feel bad taking up your time... and I don't walk too fast either." With that said she lowered her head, eyes following her twirling fingers. In reality she was thrilled, proven by her smirk, no longer feeling too abandoned in the academy flocked with strangers. Yet, her insecurity rules on top, leading her to needless apologies and concerns.

Ivrant figured now would be as good of a time as ever to bring out his own Pokemon if they were going to go for a walk. Dynamo would appreciate the excercise after all. "Heheh. It works out for me. Seems like a good place to make connections anyways. Here lemme bring my Pokemon out I think he's gonna get antsy if he's not out and about by now." Ivrant reached into his bag and pulled out a Pokeball and tossed it into the air. It didn't pop open like a regular Pokeball though. When Dynamo came out, several red petals would explode from the ball and make his entrance that much of a spectacle. His Rosellia popped onto the ground and gave off a small bow as the petals fell to the ground and faded away. Not your usual Pokeballl! "We're gonna be heading by the Academy Dynamo. Figured you'd wanna tag with us." Ivrant said. Dynamo nodded to his trainer and moved up closer to the two, ready to get moving already. He turned his head back over to Dorthy and reached into his bag to start writing something on his notepad.

Dorothy was mesmerized by Roselia's flashy entrance, the red petals adding to its elegance. If only Pupui was here to admire it, he would enjoy company, no, love it! But he wasn't here and it sunk in.

Guilt began to gnaw at her, making her fidget and grow solemn. He could be all alone in the dorm, somberly gazing out a window, lonesome and feeling abandoned.

"I... I'm so sorry, I really am," she blurted out, using her hands to clumsily stand herself up. "I.. my best friend is alone in the dorm and I really feel bad, I really do and I should have brought'm here with me and-" she paused, a frown now plastered against her pale face. "I'm sorry, I really liked this, I did," she added, ashamed of her abrupt leave.

"T-thank you! And I'm sorry, I am," she continued, walking backwards, albeit slowly. "G-good... luck." She then awkwardly turned and made her way back to the dorm, feet quickly gaining speed as she held right to her bag.

She couldn't turn around now, not without expecting him to show disdain or disappointment. But.

But she met somebody. It was exhilarating, especially being the first encounter on her own without the aid of her parents or Pupui. And she felt proud

Ivrant was a bit surprised she left her Pokemon back at the dorm... well at least it was somewhere safe and she realized it. Ivrant figured that she would have ended up going in hurry though so he quickly finished writing up his number and name and awkwardly slipped it into her bag. He was a little late to realize just how creepy that sort of gesture is but Ivrant wouldn't have minded getting back in contact with the girl again. She seemed pretty darn nice after all! "Heh... alot of interesting students in this school so far. Hmm... now where was that library..." Ivrant stood up and ontinued on his way, Dynamo followed behind.
_____

Ivrant would eventually end up at the library after grabbing a tiny snack on the way. The first thing that stuck out besides the large building was the strangely dressed girl that just passed by him. And here he thought Dorthy was a bit overdressed for school. This seemed to be a different level though. "Huh... this is quite a first day..." Ivrant chuckled as he walked on inside. Even when he went inside though he couldn't help but keep glancing at that oddly dressed girl and debated saying hi. He was starting to realize he was meeting alot of girls in the academy in this first day... not that he was arguing. He wasn't one to talk about sticking out either. Not alot of boys had silver hair like he did.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Eric decided to go to the cafeteria to grab a bite to eat, as he hadn't eaten in what seems like, all day.

As soon as he found the mess hall, Eric claimed a seat for himself, placing his bag on the chair, and kept it in the corner of his eye as he ordered food for him and his Pokémon partners.

He ordered a cheeseburger with Tamato Berry paste, a glass of Tapu Cocoa to drink, and a side of fried Pecha berries for himself, and specialized food for Litleo and Shuppet. Unlike many Trainers, Eric saw his Pokémon as true comrades, no matter what.

Litleo ate from a bowl on the floor, white Shuppet ate from a different dish from the edge of the table, using Psychic in order to get food into its mouth due Shuppet clearly not having limbs.

Eric prayed quietly to Arceus for a few seconds before eating. Therefore, his Pokémon were done eaten before Eric even took a single bite.

He consumed his entire meal within minutes, not remembering the last time he had such a perfectly-cooked dinner. When he was raised by the pride of Pyroar his Litleo is descended from, he ate whatever the female Pyroar brought down in a hunt, along with various Berries he found if a hunt was unsuccessful. However, Eric did not experience cooked food until much later in his life. This was because despite the fact that a Pyroar's breath can reach 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit, they don't use it to cook their prey, preferring their meat raw.

Eric proceeded to, unintentionally, let out a roaring belch that sort of forced itself out due to Eric eating so quickly.

"Whoops, sorry! That was unexpected, guys..." Eric said to his Pokémon comrades. "Good food, right?"

Litleo and Shuppet nodded, and the Lion Cub Pokémon jumped onto the table to sniff Eric's plate for scraps. Unfortunately for Litleo, the plate was 100% clean of food.

Eric brought his tray and dishes over above the nearest trash bin.

Litleo and Shuppet stood there waiting for him, and Eric returned them to their Pokeballs, before heading out to explore.

Dawn

Years
Silvana Walcha Arle
q21lMKv.png
VLVnDyX.png
4mGgxnX.png

Level 10
Moves
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr></table>​
Silvana couldn't help herself. She sighed slightly. "...At least the witch is the heroine this time." she lamented rather sorely. As much as it seemed like a nice book in its own right, it wouldn't teach her to use magic properly. She then closed the book and slipped it under her arm. She supposed she would keep this for herself for later, just to see if she liked it. Getting up and turning, she just barely missed Ivrant looking at her. She had natural good looks about her, but it didn't look like she put much effort into refining them. ...What kind of cosplayer didn't refine their look, though? Really it was hard to get a read on her by her looks alone.

Silvana approached the librarian again. "Are you sure you don't have any magic books..? Like--um, about real magic? Myth...ology?" Silvana requested somewhat anxiously, seeming to have some slight difficulty asking for what she wanted. Unfortunately, to the surprise of no one, this turned out to be a difficult request for the librarian. She merely replied that she would go check before walking off to search for something. ...Well that wasn't promising. Dispirited, Silvana began quietly considering what this meant for her stay here.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
Ivrant Lehort: In the Library

Well nuts... the Librarian was busy looking for a "magic book". She would probably come back and play the "We don't have it" card without trying very hard to find it... but then again this was a world that has cats with psychic powers. Anything is possible. Still Ivrant was stuck waiting behind the strange half Cosplaying girl until the Librarian came back. She didn't seem entirely refined, whoever she was dressing up as... Well may as well strike a conversation. The costume was pretty darn cool he had to admit. He could at the very least praise it! Maybe she was testing out a look for Halloween or something or perhaps it was a theme with her team... there were Gym Leaders that had some unique outfit choices out there after all.

"I like the costume. Very stylish." Ivrant simply complimented. His Rosellia Dynamo seemed to be inspecting it curiously as well. The last two folks he met were nice enough. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad?

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Silvana Walcha Arle
q21lMKv.png
VLVnDyX.png
4mGgxnX.png

Level 10
Moves
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
xkYVNey.png
</td></tr></table>​
Silvana hesitated a moment. Someone had just spoken nearby, but clearly it wasn't aimed at her! She looked around to find this costumed individual being discussed, only to find that they were alone in the room together--as far as line of sight went, anyway.

Oh.

Silvana abruptly realized that she was the costumed individual. Surprisingly enough, this elicited a smile from the previously bewildered student. "--Me? Oh! Hehe. Thanks... My grandmother made it for me." she replied somewhat light-heartedly. . . . Why did she say that?? Home made clothes weren't 'cool'! Ugh. Silvana awkwardly ran a hand past her tiara, brushing it through her hair somewhat bashfully. It was too late to take that back now. Might as well roll with it and hope she didn't humiliate herself in front of the first boy she met on the island. I mean, there were probably hundreds of them, but they also probably had better things to do than rush to the library. "...It's not a costume, though. I wear this every day~!" Silvana went on to correct. She seemed proud of herself. ...What sort of costume did he think she was wearing anyway?? She thought she looked like a proper sorceress! ...H-how could she not?

"You can call me Miss Arle. This is my first year here." Silvana went on to explain. For some reason she had chosen to use a formality when introducing herself, and although it was unlikely he could work it out she had also given him her last name instead of her first. It was admittedly probably not the weirdest thing she was putting on display right now. The ornate sapphire blue armor with a golden trim was more impressive on a closer inspection. It looked so much like real metal!

Last edited:
Back