• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Orre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
I've been working on this game for awhile. It is set 10 years after the defeat of Team Cipher in PKMN Colosseum. More information and the demo can be found here:

http://projects.lateralshift.net/pokemonorre/index.html

The only thing wrong with the game is that there aren't any appearances by wild Pokemon and there isn't a battle system. I could use some help with that with someone more experienced. Either that or I could learn it as time goes by, but I don't think I would have the time.

I can't promise that this game will ever be completed, because I got more important things to do in my life. I do have time in summer though. The demo can be fun, there are a couple of things you could do in the game without it having to do with battling. If someone could add a battle system to it, or create Pokemon appearances, I would be grateful as well as the players to this game. Well, that's it. Get going and download it. It's my first game, se be kind. ;)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
while downloading the demo, I checked out the screenshots and they're great!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
i like the look of the game so far. It's nice to see a pokemon game with a different style. Also i noticed some things that you might want to fix:
-on the speech with the old man at the start you spelt Pokemon as Pokeman
-the walking speed is too fast, make it a bit slower
-when i entered a house i got an error message saying that a file was missing
but other than that it's a great start, keep it up!

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
phoenix316 said:
i like the look of the game so far. It's nice to see a pokemon game with a different style. Also i noticed some things that you might want to fix:
-on the speech with the old man at the start you spelt Pokemon as Pokeman
-the walking speed is too fast, make it a bit slower
-when i entered a house i got an error message saying that a file was missing
but other than that it's a great start, keep it up!

Thanks everyone!

Phoenix316,the part when the old man says Pokeman, it's supposed to be like that. It's just a little reference to when I used to be in middle school and all the "old" adults kept calling it Pokeman. That's why the old man said it like this..."pick up your Pokeman...or whatever it is."

I'll change the walking speed, but I have to do it later. I have to go to work. I'll do it when I get home.

I'll fix that too.

Thanks again guys!

Pine

~Yummers~
Years
Professor PINE!?!?!?!

Does it need to be pine?......

I am pine...

My game has professor pine...

Well, except for my anger about that, the maps are absolutely superb. However, you may want to make Phenac City look a little more like the real one, like having that yellow-tiled circular thing going, and having the stadium in a dome, with LOTS of water...

I have a feeling that if you do continue with this, it will turn out great (except for professor pine, that is...:P)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
why do you always consider that because something is in your game that somebody else wont use the same thing in theirs, especially as this is an rm2k game and yours is a hack and they people hardly ever cross associate them.

Pine

~Yummers~
Years
...that's because all other hacks are a piece of crap, mine is entirely different...you'll see...

And anyway, it may be irrational, but it's my name! I mean, you know...

But, on a non-irrational note that is logically accurate, it would be better if the tree name of the professor was one that could be found in the Orre region (or Phenac city considering the radically different 'atmosphere' there), which would definately not include a Pine.

Also, you know how I said that mine was going to more than a hack? Is it that original and less of a hack when the same names and stuff are being used?

It gets even more complicated:
I like this RM2K3 A LOT, so I will do everything I can to make sure it's finished, BUT...
If it is finished and becomes great like mine, you can't have two leading 'Versions' with the same stuff now, can you?

Lastly...
Why do so many of you RM2K people discriminate against me (like saying stuff like 'it's not important because your game is just a hack...) just because it's a hack, no matter how much I try to tell all of you it is more??? What is wrong with you people (who discriminate)?

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
It Pok?mon Ice, the prof in my hack is called Prof. Pine. If you don't believe me check the first page of the thread in my hack. She's in there.

Anyway, the game looks cool. Nice work.

Pine

~Yummers~
Years
Aww man...It's okay that Pine is in there because it's up in the polar regions but...

Does it really need to be a girl? I'm a guy!

Pine

~Yummers~
Years
Again, you are harshly discriminating against my hack, so cut it out...

But it is more than a HACK because...

-It has a half-land half-space map, unlike anything anyone else has even thought of doing
-All of the maps are redone
-Everything is original (except for it being about pokemon, of course :P)
-It has many other concepts that nobody else has ever tried before!

Now tell me, pheonix, have you EVER made anything of quality yourself? If you haven't, I'd advise you shut it or make something.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Can't we all just get along...

Now that's said, the name is Prof Pine for a reason. You don't find out till the end. If I ever get there that is.

About making Phenac looking more like Phenac, it would be hard considering the chipsets that are available.

Pine

~Yummers~
Years
So how can there be a reason when you haven't thought of the ending yet? And can you please PM me it anyway because I can't download it?

Oh, and about Phenac City, there's a way you can load new ones, and I happen to have the dimensions and several origianal game colors for the tiles, and I'd be happy to make some for you!...but only if you tell me the reason for a Professor Pine...and if we can't make a descision about who gets the name Pine,...I think I may have an alternative plan that will work...but don't count on it.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Ahem, i am making a game in rm2k3 at the moment. It's called Pokemon: Hidden Depths and it is completely original. Now i'm going to point out some facts about your post:
-It has a half-land half-space map, unlike anything anyone else has even thought of doing
Did it ever occur to you that no-one has thought of doing it because it is a stupid idea? And how do you know that nobody has even considered it?

-All of the maps are redone
I'm pretty sure that most hacks redo the maps.

-It has many other concepts that nobody else has ever tried before!
Prove it.

have you EVER made anything of quality yourself?
So your game is completed and you can back up your boasts with an actual game?

At the end of the day it is a hack. Lot's surface but very few go the distance.

P.S. PKMN_Sage i apologise for this discussion taking place in your thread. I'll stay on topic in future. Also it would be really difficult to make phenac city because it is round and rm2k chipsets are hard for that and you can only walk in 4 directions as well. and why can only one person have the name Prof Pine? especially when your thread is closed pine.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
Pine said:
So how can there be a reason when you haven't thought of the ending yet? And can you please PM me it anyway because I can't download it?

I've thought of the ending already, pretty much the whole story. I'm not the type to go make a game and just make up a story as I go along. It's best if you think of one before you start. And I'll try to PM the game to you, but I don't know if I can upload such a large attachment.

Pine

~Yummers~
Years
Pfh. Nice quoting pheonix.

Actually, most hacks have maps redone, but it's pretty much color alterations, not much actually changing the map. You should spend more time in the hack forums.

Also, how is the half-land half-space map idea stupid? How am I sure that your map idea isn't more stupid? Other than your lame self opinion?!?!

And I am not boasting. When it is done you won't believe how sorry you'll be for being such a loser.

What do you mean by 'at the end of the day it's a hack'?

I also apologize to PKMN_Sage for this. Pheonix, if this is to continue, it should be in PM. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS UNLESS IT IS IN PM.

And Sage, I appreciate you PMming the game. Thanks.

Years
I think Pheonix is right, it is just a hack and you can only edit a few things, we can fully customize our game. You can't do that, you can't change thew outlay of the PC or how the pokemon enters the fight or add new things in, like a day/night system to r/b/y. We are coders, you are a hacker. Two totally different things, you play around with maps and we make our own, you edit pokemon in the battle and we make a battle system, you move events and change text and we create events and make text where we want. At the end of the day, you are only editing something that has already been made and we are making something totally new ourselves which we can shape in any way we want.

PKMN Sage, why have there been no updates on your game? I would like to give some feedback!
EDIT: I have just downloaded your game and played it. I got an incredible amount of lag in the hero's room and when I went downstairs I went into a hour and it said something like FR_CHARA missing! also I went to the safari place and i went in the house it said Girl_04_b cannot be opened! You need to add these things. Anyway I thought It was alright... You need to change the menu a little.. Other than that, I liked it. Good use of maps

Last edited:

Pine

~Yummers~
Years
Well, you see? That's the problem. You all think I'm doing a piece of crap r/b/y hack. I'm doing a freaking R/S hack where I can do whatever I want!

And it doesn't matter if you make the battle system by yourself, the people who play it don't care. They care about quality. I mean, when the credits roll after you defeat the elite four, do you really care about the names? How about if they're usernames instead of real names? I don't think so.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
Pine, the prof. is a female in my hack, so what? :P

Also another thing, who would try to contrast a hack to a RM2K game? A hack is modified version of the game with the same coding, *Unless it's an ASM hack* RM2K is COMPLETELY different from hacking, I know, I'd tried using it too. ;)

Back to the topic, how are you gona do the battle system gona be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back