• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Scripting Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Quick Scripting Method

.:Introduction:.

Hey,Ray is here!Hope you enjoy this!This will be a surprize to you,
but i am not an advanced scripter,and yet,i made a tutorial for scripting.
Don't ask me how is this possible.
.:Tools you will need:.

1) XSE
2) Advanced map
*You can get these tools in the 'toolbox' forum.

.:Quick Scripting method:.

I've discovered a quick way of scripting,and i made this tutorial to teach it to you.
So let's get on with it.
Instead of trying to make a script that's working,you can copy a familiar script from another version(FR for example).This might be weird for you,because it's new to you.So there are the steps of using that method.

.:Steps:.

1) Open advanced map,load a rom with a familiar script to yours.
2) Find that script,and open it in XSE(Just click on it twice)
3) Copy the script*,and then open for second time a-map and load the rom you want to hack with this script. *keep in mind the type of script it was(was it a person event?Or a signpost?Or a normal script?)
4) Change the amount of events,make the same-type script as it was the previous script.
5) Open that script with XSE and paste the copied script from before.
6) Now,change the offsets,the text,and the movements.
Congratulations,you learned a fast way to script!!
Now,for the starters in scripting.

.:Basic scripts:.

This is a simple script:

#dynamic 0x******
#org @sample
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0xrandom MSG_FACE '"I am Ray Mav..."
release
end

'----------
'Strings
'----------
#org 0xrandom
= I am Ray Maverick.

This is a script,a person event.You can freely change the text.

.:Commands:.

* #dynamic 0x****** =(blue letters)is the offset,a mix of number and letters,a point in the rom.
#dynamic is the start of the script.
* #org =the start of a pointer.
* @sample =you can replace 'sample' with anything you want,and that is what we call a ''pointer''
* Lock =That command locks the player from all movements,until you use the 'release' command.
* 0xrandom =You can replace 'random' with whatever number/letters you want.

.:Text commands:.

Ok,there are some text command that you should know:

* \p =use it to change the msgbox,by pressing A(in the game).
example: -I'm Ray.\pHi!-
=
-I'm Ray.
(space/empty)
Hi!-
* \n =use it to change the line in msgbox
example: -I'm Ray.\nHi!-
=
-I'm Ray.
Hi!-
These are the basics.There are other symbols like that,they're coming on updates

.:Rules:.

1) No posts negative
2) Critic only
3) Ask me/tell me to fix something if you don't understand.

I hope this helps,thanks for reading,and soon,updates.

by Ray Maverick

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Are you kidding me Machomuu?Like i said,i'm not a scripter,but i'm learning.
So this is a way of fast 'script editing' toput you out of your miserie.
And why it won't get me far in the hacking world?It's easy and you don't need to do many things.

Years
Are you kidding me Machomuu?Like i said,i'm not a scripter,but i'm learning.
So this is a way of fast 'script editing' toput you out of your miserie.
And why it won't get me far in the hacking world?It's easy and you don't need to do many things.

Thats pretty good for starter hackers and yeah i see your learning i don't even know how to do what you just did there XD.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Owh,you want me to change the steps.Ok.I'll do it when i have the time.You'll realise that this is amazing.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
You'll realise that this is amazing.
Uh, no. Just no. This not "amazing". And this isn't a quick way to script either because, to put it simply, this is hardly scripting. All this tutorial does is encourage lazy people and falsely teach them that hacking is easy. Do us all a favor and go take a look at thethethethe's scripting tutorial or diego's XSE intrepretation of it.
Just answer me this: how does this "new knowledge" benefit anybody in the hacking world? Before attempting to teach anything, consider how your "discoveries" will affect the reader. All this does is show readers how to decompile scripts and then recompile then into a new ROM. Big freakin' deal.

And I don't want you to script for my hack. I was using a little trick I like to call sarcasm ;)

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
To be perfectly honest, it is WAY more beneficial to learn to script from the get go by actually scripting from scratch. On top of that, it will help reduce conflicting evens and probably even bugs in some sense.

Editing an already existing script is a silly way to learn, as it is harder to grasp how a general script should be laid out.

Srry but I think this tutorial is a joke.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Thanks for the negative post,but i'm using that method and it's working fine,so suit yourself.

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE AN EASY WAY TO SCRIPT!!!!SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT,DON'T LOOK AT IT.IT'S NOT FOR LAZY PEOPLE,IT'S FOR PEOPLE CONFUSED BY SCRIPTING.

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
You said critisicsm is accepted, and I am critisizing the method.

If it works for you it works for you, I just think it is more beneficial to go through the act of scripting your own scripts no matter how simple, as it helps the brain take in more information than just editing something.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
So you people prefer to kill yourself trying to learn scripting?
I use this method and it works out,even it is for lazy guys.I'm not one of 'em,but either ways,i like this method.

Todoroki said:
Wow!This is amazing!You're like,a really good scripter!Will you script for my hack?

There,Col.You said in a VM that this is like crap,and you don't want my help.THEN WTF IS THIS!!!???

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Todoroki said:
So you people prefer to kill yourself trying to learn scripting?
I use this method and it works out,even it is for lazy guys.I'm not one of 'em,but either ways,i like this method.

say what? I script from scratch so I wouldn't kill myself over it

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
You should quit arguing, a moderator Todoroki may see this and infract you.

Both methods are fine, and the quick one is actually better when people are having trouble scripting at first.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019
i need to start learnign how to script and i guess i could start by editing scripts

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well if that's the case, you should download the quick script maker. There. However this could be dangerous, according to Hackmew...

Todoroki said:
Well if that's the case, you should download the quick script maker. There. However this could be dangerous, according to Hackmew...
By that, I mean it could be dangerous to edit scripts, just a warning.

Last edited:

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
Years
FIRSTLY: Good for you, for jotting this down.
This is really convenient for novice scripters.
Also, the basic commands you provided were helpful ^.^
Now...

tsk, tsk, did you people read his rules?
Bad Todoroki's! No Negative comments!
What exactly is wrong with this way of scripting? Who cares if it's script editing or scripting. He clearly implies that this is for novice scripters. You can determine this by seeing the commands and text scripts he provided. Blow down someone else's house, you mean wolves. Just because this isn't considered "scripting" or if it's "script editing" or whatever, the point is that this is for unexperienced scripters and people who are trying to learn. How the heck is "starting from scratch" an easier way to learn. What kind of failed April fool's joke are you trying to pull here? First of all, copying and "script editing" is fine, and helps you get familiar with common scripts within the game like signposts or basic follow-me scripts. If they edit it, they can easily save this type of script for later in their hack if used later on. Okay, it's really awesome you all can script starting from chicken scratch, but not everybody can just jump into scripting and memorize it. What kind of hypocritical comment is "This is for lazy people who don't want to learn how to script". The whole point of copying, pasting, and then editing scripts are for the purpose of getting familiar with these kinds of waters. "You won't get far in the hack world". Who asked for your opinion? If you have nothing nice to say, then shutup. I don't see the actuality in "Script Editing = Failure in Script World". Not every script in a hack is a maze and complexly intimidating. Also, there's a little thing called "Teams" that exist. If you're unable to do perfect, high-quality scripts and your scripter in your team is busy, this is a perfect way to contribute SOMETHING, even if it's just for the hell of attempting scripting. Stop being grizzly hags and look at things through a different perspective.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Todoroki said:
There,Col.You said in a VM that this is like crap,and you don't want my help.THEN WTF IS THIS!!!???
Lolololololol
I'm really getting a kick out of this one! Still, I feel kinda bad about how you're struggling to grasp this simple concept. Let me help you out:
1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain2 a: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b: the use or language of sarcasm
Definition courtesy of the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary.
So basically, I don't want you to script for me. Simple as that.

Back on topic:
I didn't kill myself learning to script. After you pick up the basics, the rest comes fairly easily. I think you'd be better off learning how to make scripts from scratch. Perhaps you could also explain (correctly) what each component in your decompiled script means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back