• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Mouses and Trackpads and Touchscreens, oh my!"

What do you use to control the cursor on your computer

• Touchscreen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (e.g. trackpoins and trackballs)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Do you use a Mouse, Trackpad or anything else to control your computer?

I use a ASUS that came with one of my dad's old laptop and it's the best mouse I have ever used. It's very easy to hold and it comes with a button to boost it's sensitivity.

The laptop I have has a multitouch trackpad and a trackpoint. They are both useful as well. The trackpad is good for web browsing and the trackpoint is great for games which use the keyboard.

Speaking of keyboards, I use the one I have in my laptop and it's quite nice. It also has a numpad, something which too many laptop keyboards lack.

Years
I much prefer using a mouse over a trackpad (even when I was using a laptop for a while, I plugged in my USB mouse to use that instead). I also like using touch screens, but I think that they're better suited for something like a smartphone or tablet, as I don't think I could see myself sitting there at a desk and preferring a touch screen monitor over a simple mouse.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I always go for a mouse first, despite mine being the verge of replacement. The track pad is okay for when I'm in a situation where I don't have a mouse, but touch screens are only something I can do with mobile devices only (that includes tablets.)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I prefer mouse since it's more manageable to use. Lately, however, I am very intrigued by the use of touchscreens on computers and laptops. But I'm still *attached* to the use of mice though...it's so comfortable! D:

Years
I use both trackpads and mice. Although, I will choose mice because I do use my desktop more than my laptop.

I can't actually stand using a mouse on my laptop since I tend to lie back and relax often when using my laptop, and if I am on a flat surface, it's just gotten to me that I associate a trackpad with a laptop. Also, I don't like tapping at all on trackpads either.

Years
It depends on what I'm using really. I don't really have a preference for controling my cursor when it comes to general computer work. If I'm using a laptop I'll probably use the track pad and if I'm using a desktop chances are I'll be using a mouse.
If I'm playing a game that uses the mouse quite a lot though, such as first person games where the camera is controlled through the mouse movements, I'll tend to always use a mouse no matter what I'm using. The same goes for if I'm designing something I'll tend to go with a mouse instead of the track pad since I can work more precisely with it.

As for touchscreens though, unless it's made for a phone or something where the software/OS I'm using is made to work best with a touch screen I'll tend to avoid them.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I mostly use the trackpad since I have a laptop but I also use a tablet (for drawing) and when I'm at work I use the mouse. Either the mouse or trackpad are good for general stuff but I couldn't live without the tablet for art!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Trackpad for my laptop. Mouse for my desktop at work. The reverse of both just feels weird... and yes, I've tried both.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I use a mouse 99% of the time unless I'm in the kitchen and I bring my laptop with me. The trackpad is tolerable for a short amount of time, but it just doesn't give me as much freedom as I'd like.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I use a mouse even though I'm on a netbook. It's much easier to draw with, and since I don't have a Crafts tablet, a mouse is all I have.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I have a laptop, so I use a trackpad to move the cursor around. Since I sit in a chair and not at a desk, that makes it much easier for me than lugging a mouse around and having no where to use it.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Since I generally use my laptop for everything I do on the computer, the trackpad would be my first choice. As for touchscreen, I think those work better for phones and tablets. I wouldn't want that as my main control for navigating a computer, not even with the basic stuff. It feels so foreign to me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I'm using a mouse since I'm kinda attached to it. Even the fact that I'm owning a graphics tablet can't keep me away from using my mouse for drawing xD

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I use a regular basic and cheapest USB mouse I can find, on my PC, as long as the mouse works I'm good. I won't spend it on any fancy mouse or other similar items (all my extra funds I use for Pokemon merchandise).

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I use a mouse since the only thing I have is a desktop. The only time I see myself using something else is if I'm using a phone or tablet and I don't have neither of those. I'm so used to using a mouse that I'll probably get one when I get a laptop eventually or learn to adjust to using a trackpad.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I use a laptop more than a desktop so I tend to use a trackpad, but if I had the money and will I would buy a mouse for my laptop. I mean I don't have a problem using a trackpad at all, it's just that a mouse is easier to use.

Guest123_x1

Although my primary system is a laptop, I have a USB mouse plugged into it most of the time, as I'm most comfortable using a mouse more than anything else. Trackpads are much more cumbersome for me to work with, although I have used trackpoints on some other laptops in the past, which seem to be easier for me to use than sliding my finger across a pad below the keyboard.

Last edited:
Back