• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HD - Hydreigon Darkrai

Years
14 Pokemon

3 Deino
1 Zweilous
3 Hydreigon
3 Darkrai EX
1 Sableye
1 Shaymin EX
1 Mewtwo EX

11 Supporter

4 Professor Juniper
3 N
4 Cheren

24 Tools

4 Ultra Ball
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Max Potion
3 Rare Candy
4 Dark Patch
3 Random Receiver
3 Eviolite

12 Energy

4 GFPD Blend
8 Darkness

This is my current build though it probably needs improvements.

Last edited:

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
Years
I'd say bump sableye down to 2, bump N down to 2, and then bump Max Potion and Eviolite to 3. Last time I played Hydreigon/Darkrai I won because I got tool scrappers and a Terrakion set up. And N isn't really super-beneficial to the deck since the deck works well with large hands and running through the deck quickly. Considering you play 4 Ultra Ball you could probably get away with running 4 Bianca.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Use 4 Max Potion. It's necessary, trust me. Take out one bianca, Giratina, one Sableye, and a Random Receiver. You may want to try out Sigilyph DRX, its helped me A LOT.

Giratina is very bulky. I wouldn't recommend it. It's too vulnerable to things like Garchomp and other Hydreigons.

Other than that, this deck looks pretty good.

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
Years
I think my main thing with Giratina in this deck is the fact that it requires you to have to Blend Energies out. That and it doesn't really do anything for the deck (I've tested it). Hammertime will absolutely shut you down because you can't Dark Patch it. Also I don't see the use of Shaymin in this deck. I feel like there are other cards that could more effectively get the job done such as Super Rod and Tool Scrapper.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
I actually wouldn't take out Shaymin. It's a really great late game attacker, and it counters Terrakion. It can OHKO pretty much any non-ex if your opponent has taken four prizes. And providing you run Blend energy, most light-hitters like Terrakion and Darkais wont OHKO you when you keep Max Potioning it :) *thats a really epic way to annoy your opponent lol*

Years
Two Max Potion has worked well for me in all honesty. I would consider bumping it up to three but definitely not any higher than that, in my opinion. Yeah, Shaymin EX is there to help out against Terrakion - my worst nightmare - as well as being a late game attacker. I might drop the Giratina for a Mewtwo EX or perhaps Siggy.

I might need tool scrapper in here as well due to Garbador as this deck gets crippled without abilities to abuse.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Dont add tool scrapper. Garbodor can be countered easily; Catcher it up, Night Spear twice. Simple. If it happens that you run into Zebstrika/Garbodor, then just OHKO the Zebra with Night Spear. Simple. Darkrai/Hydreigon only has one main weakness: Terrakion. That's why you need to tech in Shaymin.

The Max Potions; only two, and it works!? wow... I've never seen that happen before.

Years
It's so weird, majority of the time I draw into them just when I need them and between the two Max Potions and just cycling my energies around to fresh attackers, that's enough for me to get by in most games.

And OK yeah, Terrakion is a douche so I'll focus my efforts in trying to handle him. I'll update the list.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Does Mewtwo really work for you? Honestly– I really wouldn't suggest that.

1. countered by sigilyph
2. don't run this unless you run DCE.

i gtg right now... I'll elaborate on it more later. :p

Years
I tested it in a few games today but it didn't really do anything notable. It's probably better than Giratina EX in a way though, since it doesn't need two blend to attack with, which is kinda sucky. That EX space is up for grabs as far as I'm aware. If Terrakion proves to be really popular I might consider a second Shaymin lmao. Yeah, I think 3 Eviolite and 3 Max Potion is the way forward (more priority on the eviolite surprisingly though).

Tested out Bianca as well and most of the time it only gave me three cards anyway, so have swapped back to Cheren, list updated.

Last edited:

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
double shaymin! lol... that reminds me of a funny deck that I came up with a while ago... Shaymin/Terrakion/Bouffalant. Similar to Mewtwo/Terrakion/Bouffer, except mainly Terrakion as a quad attacker. It was pretty good, surprisingly, but probably not enough for a tournament. I think the main strategy was to counter three really popular decks: Terrakion, Eels, and Darkrai.

Anyway, the Mewtwo... I've tried it myself, and it's nearly the same as Siggy. Only the occasional mewtwo deck, but most decks don't run it as a tech anymore. Although, I still don't recommend it. The main reason is that you'll sometimes end up Dark Trancing all your energy to it for a death blow, but then it'll get KO'd by something and then youre screwed because you don't run eight Dark Patch lol. 'But if it works, it works.' -Drakow XD

Years
I think I'm seriously going to test double Shaymin EX now. Terrakion is the biggest threat to this deck and Shaymin is one of the best answers to it.

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
Years
I don't see how Terrakion is a problem. Hydreigon can KO it easily, and if you have catcher in here, that should be even less of a problem (thank goodness for Sableye's ability to pull the most useful card in the game from your discard). I mean if you are really afraid of it, yeah, you can run Shaymin, but I really don't think it's as big of a threat as it's being made out to be.

Years
Hydreigon can KO it in one shot but I don't want to be discarding two energy cards each time a Terrakion rears its ugly head towards me.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Yeah. You usually want to use Hydreigon against something like an EX or something w/ super high HP. You could do it against Terrakion, but its much less painful to use Shaymin because 1: has synergy w/ blend. 2: Terrakion's weakness. 3: No discarding energy.

Back