• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stranded (rated M for possible adult themes)

Abi~

-insert title here?-
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012

Plot

A boat leaves the port. It's full of people waiting to have a pleasant vacation. They expected to have a nice cruise. Little do they know, that's far from what was going to happen.

At first, the cruise starts out relaxing and fun. However, things take a turn for the worst when the captain of the ship accidentally crashes into some large, pointy rocks at sea.

As the sink was sinking, everyone panicked. Some made it to their lifeboats, but many did not. Many people and their Pokemon died that day. However, 6 teenagers, along with their Pokemon, lucked out. They washed up on an island nearby where the ship crashed, soon to wake up and realize what happened.

This island is somewhat scary, especially to the average person who is used to living in a nice, warm home and not being out in the wilderness. It's thickly wooded, with beaches all around the coasts. It's full of wild Pokemon. The temperature is about the only thing pleasant about it, staying at around 60-70 degrees Fahrenheit consistently, except for the nighttime where it gets rather chilly.

Once they realize the reality of the situation, and that they aren't going to be safe at home anytime soon, life won't be the same. Whatever they held near and dear to them won't matter anymore. At this point, they'll have one goal: to survive. All they'll have is their Pokemon and each other.

Objective

The objective of this roleplay is really up to you. Your character will be stranded on an island with 5 other teenagers. Make the most of it, whatever that means.

Rules

1. Avoid controlling other people's characters without their consent. If you've gotten their permission, then go for it, but otherwise, avoid it if at all possible. If you must, that's fine, but keep the control to a minimum and make sure to reference their character's profile to keep in character. As I said, if you can get permission from someone before controlling their character, then knock yourself out. Just stay in character.

2. If you want to add a major plot twist in the story, please check with me prior.

3. Be respectful to other role players.

4. Be reasonable and realistic. Your character won't succeed at everything.

5. Some mature language is allowed, but for the sake of keeping with the rules of PC, avoid it, and censor it if you must use it using asterisks. (f*ck, sh*t, etc.)

6. Mild violence is allowed, but make sure it doesn't get too gory or morbid.

7. Romance/sexual themes are allowed, but once again, for the sake of keeping with the overall rules of this website, don't overdo it. Don't describe sexual content in great detail, and avoid it if possible. Romance that doesn't involve too many sexual themes is completely fine, and even encouraged because it can add interesting substance to a story.

8. Stay fairly active. I understand that everyone may have commitments that will cause them to be busy, but try to stay with the others. If you feel like you'll be gone for a while, let me know. I will likely keep your character in the story and let others control them on your behalf.

9. Use the best English you can, and spell check. Typos are understandable, in fact I make them all the time, but do your best to keep your post as perfect as possible with the English. Also make sure your posts are fairly detailed and long enough for the rules.

10. If you have any questions, don't hesitate the contact me.

(Put polka dots in your sign up sheet if you read the rules, in the other section. I won't necessarily deny you if you don't, but it'll give you brownie points.)

Go in as much detail as possible. Leave a good first impression. I will most likely take 6 sign ups.

Name: Include first and last. Middle name is nice, but optional.

Gender: I would prefer the gender ratio to be fairly even, if possible. If you see a lot of people signing up as one gender, perhaps sign up as the other?

Age: 15-18 is my preferred age range. If you go outside it, I will possibly still accept you, but that's my preference.

Personality: Go into as much detail as possible. What are your character's likes and dislikes? Strengths? Weaknesses? As I said, detail is the way to go, and please, make a balanced characters with a reasonable amount of flaws and strengths.

Appearance: What is your character's hair/eye color? (Remember that because of how the Pokemon universe is and with people like James, they can be an otherwise unnatural color) Hair style? Figure? Clothes? Like with personality, go into as much detail as you can. Paint a mental picture.

History: Give me some back story to your character. Detail will help here, but it doesn't HAVE to be super detailed. Just somewhat. Keep your character's back story reasonable and believable.

Interested in romance?: In case romance comes up, this category is a helpful reference. Is your character interested in romance or not? And what's your character's orientation? (straight, homosexual, bisexual, or maybe asexual?)

Other: Anything else?

Pokemon: You may have up to 3. Do the following for each:

Species: Simply put. Try to avoid having any Pokemon that are too rare.

Nickname: Nicknames are encouraged to distinguish your Pokemon from the others.

Nature: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature Pick from these to help distinguish your Pokemon's personality.

Characteristic: http://pokemondb.net/mechanics/hidden Pick from these to help distinguish your Pokemon's personality further.

Last edited:

Abi~

-insert title here?-
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
Crushgaunt: Sure, you can reserve a spot. When do you think you'll sign up?

Abi~

-insert title here?-
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
All right, Crushgaunt, that's fine. I'll look forward to your sign up.

Years
Name: Devin Marcus Cormac

Personality: Devin isn't exactly very fond of authority figures and needless to say this has gotten him in trouble a time or three. However he responds rather well to casual requests and nearly anything in the form of a question (as opposed to a direct order). Due to having wealthy parents he's used to having nearly anything he wants with little to no work, but he thinks of himself as someone who's earned everything himself and never really considered that others might not have had the same advantages he has.

Appearance: Devin is just under six feet tall with a compact, slender build given definition by his frequent exploration. He has black hair accented with red highlights that brushes his shoulders when combed straight back. His eyes are heterochromatic; the right is a light green while the left is a cool blue.

In the warm weather of an oceanic cruise Devin can be found wearing denim shorts that cut off just below the knee with a patch on each leg stylistically faded to resemble pokéball outlines with a t-shirt that is just a shade darker than sea green. He's usually wearing string-less slip-on shoes that still manage to conform to his feet and sunglasses that are on an elastic band so he can slide them onto his forehead with ease.

History: Born and raised in the city, Devin always found it too constricting and wanted to travel the country side on his own pokémon journey. His wealthy, over protective parents didn't take too kindly to that and instead thought they'd rid him of these urges by buying him pokémon. Unfortunately for them this didn't really work and instead backfired to an extent, as he decided wander the city unsupervised as often as possible, alternating between battles and urban exploration. He grew to love the lifestyle his parents had no idea he had, unfortunately, they did, in fact, find out. Enraged they decided to try to distance him from his friends and haunts.

When his parents told him they were sending him on a cruise with only the family vaporeon as a chaperone, he knew it would be a calm before the storm, a way of putting him off balance before the hammer fell.

Interested in romance?: Sure - Straight.

Pokémon #1

Species: Growlithe

Nickname: Prowler

Nature: Hasty

Characteristic: Likes to run.

Pokémon #2

Species: Luxio

Nickname: Frix

Nature: Adamant

Characteristic: Likes to fight.

Pokémon #3

Species: Vaporeon

Nickname: Celia

Nature: Sassy

Characteristic: Somewhat vain.

POLKA DOTS B|

Last edited:

Abi~

-insert title here?-
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
Crushguant: That looks good. Accepted!

Domo Genesis: Sure thing. How long do you think it'll be till you sign up, though?

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
My signup application. I hope everything is in order.

Name: Victoria Elizabeth Stone

Personality: Quiet and reserved, yet underneath lies an unmeasurable resiliency and strength. Avoids being the spark of conflict, however once it has erupted will not back down. She has a poor quality of harboring grudges and does not easily forgive. She does have a more playful devious side, but it is rarely seen by those whom she doesn't trust. Having coped with a mild form of obsessive compulsive disorder all her life, Victoria has a tendency to fixate on minutia and to uncontrollably count or insist upon the existence of patterns that might not be there.

Appearance: Victoria stands roughly five feet, six inches off the ground. Her deep auburn hair reaches shoulder length if left unchecked. More often than not however, it sits upon her head in a pseudo ballerina bun. Her eyes, a faint pearlescent green sit just above a slightly crooked nose. The nose, a result of being broken by falling out of a tree which she spent many days in her youth climbing and shaping her athletic, lithe build.

Never having been a fan of shorts, Victoria is often seen wearing her signature white denim bootcut jeans covering her calf high, small wedge boots. Upon which she adorned a thin black leather belt firmly housing six Pokeballs, three of which being currently occupied. Having expected tropical conditions, Victoria packed only the essentials. In this case being a light sky blue fitted tank top. On her head sat an old pair of her father's polarized pilot's goggles given to her as a gift.

History: The daughter of a middle class crop duster pilot. Victoria took after her father and shared his passion for the sky and flight. She learned to fly from an early age and even assisted her father during crop season. Her mother having succumb to a rare form of lung cancer three years prior left a large gap in not only her life, but her father's. Upon hearing the news, Victoria temporarily put everything on hold and moved back with her father to support him during the difficult time. Everything she owned she had to work for. Her father reacted poorly to his wife's death and began to withdraw from society. Victoria took on the brunt of the burdens in their lives, with him now being the primary one. She longed for escape, the rural locale where she grew up now a grim reminder of the mother she lost and the father she was losing.

As much as she loved her father, Victoria could only take so much and needed time for herself. Every night she would climb on the roof and count the stars, a form of self-medication brought on by the fight for her own sanity.

Interested in romance?: Yes, however due to seeing the effects of her fathers loss of his mate, she is deathly afraid of attachment and losing someone she let herself love. -Straight

Other: Nope

Pokémon #1

Species: Archen

Nickname: Archie

Nature: Naive

Characteristic: Alert to sounds.

* Just a note: Archie is actually her mother's Pokemon which she inherited upon her death. As such, he is one of the few things Victoria has left of her mother.

Pokémon #2

Species: Vulpix

Nickname: Pixie

Nature: Calm

Characteristic: Often lost in thought.

Pokémon #3

Species: Hippopotas

Nickname: Bubba

Nature: Lax

Characteristic: Somewhat stubborn.

I hope I hit everything. I triple checked it but if I missed anything let me know. Polka Dots. ;)

Last edited:
Years
Hey there, just seeing if this thread is dead or still active. I'd love to possibly reserve a spot and see what happens! Soon as I find out if the thread is active or not depends on how quick i can get a profile rolling!

::EDIT::
Was bored, so here it is! hope this is still running, if not, I would love to get it back up and running again!

Name: Damion

Personality: Very quiet and usually keeps to himself. Given his past, he tends to try and avoid people, but for the very few that know him, he is very upfront, bold, honest and a very sarcastic/cynical sense of humor. Often jokingly stating he's "borderline narcissistic" he is filled with confidence, and quite full of himself at times. Since his social experience has been fairly minimal, he doesn't quite have the "filter" most people do, and won't think twice about telling you how he really feels. Secretly he wishes to have a family/people that care for him, but most of the time pushes people away, scared of being hurt or abandoned again.

Appearance: Damion is about 5'7"-5'8". He has long silver/blonde hair (sun bleached) that goes just past his shoulders, but most of the time he keeps it pulled back or in a ponytail, while keeping his bangs (split down the middle to each side of his face) in front of his shoulders. (He has a black bandana which he sometimes wears) His Sea Green eyes are usually hidden behind silver wire frame sunglasses. Much like his hair, his skin has definitely seen its fair share of the sun, making it a medium tan tone. He is also clean shaven with a neatly kept silver blonde soul patch just below his bottom lip.

His apparel depends on the weather really. Considering he was going to be heading for moderate temps, he's wearing beatup/worn cargo pants shorts, leather sandals, a white T-shirt, and an olive drab colored cargo vest. Always being prepared he also carries a pair of long cargo pants, shoes, olive drab fingerless gloves (like Ash's in style) and jacket in his knapsack/backpack, along with some essentials for him and his Pokémon.

History: Not much is known about Damion's past. From the earliest he can remember he's been on his own. He hails from the Johto region, but bounced between Johto and Kanto riding (sneaking aboard) the Magnet Train. He learned to get by in the big cities of Celadon/Saffron as any street urchin would and has become quite good at sneaking around and being unnoticed.

Spending a lot of time in Celadon city, he became familiar with Eevee's while stealing money from unwary customers at the various gaming corners. Seeing their adaptability to any situation, he chose Eevee's (and its evolutions) as his Pokémon of choice.

After finally coming into some money via underground Pokémon fights, he decided to take a vacation to relax for the first time.

Interested in romance?: Yes, however considering his past, not ever really having a home and constantly on the road traveling, he's never really had any opportunity for a relationship. -Straight

Other: Polka Dots!

Pokémon #1

Species: Flareon

Nickname: Pyre

Nature: Modest

Characteristic: Mischievous

Pokémon #2

Species: Jolteon

Nickname: Flash

Nature: Relaxed

Characteristic: Highly persistent

Pokémon #3

Species: Vaporeon

Nickname: Cryo

Nature: Bold

Characteristic: Good perseverance

Hope I got everything, if not, let me know!

In case some people are out of it/late to this, we could start with what we got, and "find" any new apps/people later on in the story. :] Just a suggestion! :D

Last edited:

Abi~

-insert title here?-
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
SyNiKaLiTy: Liking the application. Accepted. While I do appreciate the suggestion, I'd rather only do that as a last resort.

Abi~

-insert title here?-
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
I will have a character. A female. Since there are 2 male characters so far and 2 females (including my future sign up), I would like 1 more male and 1 more female, and if Domo Genesis doesn't sign up soon (within the next day or so) I'll have to give up his spot to someone else, especially since he hasn't even been online in several days.

Abi~

-insert title here?-
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
Please be aware that we still need 1 more male character and 1 more female character. If you'd like sign up, please do so.

My sign up:

[FONT=&quot]Name: Kelsey Layla Peterson

[FONT=&quot]
Personality: At first, Kelsey is shy, quiet, and distanced. She keeps to herself, and when she does speak to strangers, she does quietly and with a nervous stutter. She frequently fidgets and isn't the best with eye contact, especially when she's particularly anxious. She's also very jumpy and sort of a coward. Her face often flushes. It's easy to intimidate her. Kelsey, however, is known to practically morph into a different person once she becomes close to someone. She's very bubbly and hyper around people she likes and is close to. She's particularly sweet and caring to them, oftentimes to the point of clinginess. She gets lonely really easily, so she dislikes being distanced from people she loves for too long. Once you're close to Kelsey, it's also notable that she's likely to get very touchy feely, and enjoys hugging, cuddling, and just having physical contact with people she's fond of. At her core, Kelsey is a good person with a caring heart, especially to her Cyndaquil and anyone else who stays by her side, even if she's rather neurotic and all over the place. She can have a bit of a bad and even temper when provoked, but is more likely to get sad than mad when distressed. In the rare situations where she does get angry, she gets enraged, and ends up lashing out without much sense of control.

Appearance: Starting from the top, Kelsey has plum colored hair. It's just about shoulder length. There are a few uneven bangs covering parts of her forehead. She has sapphire colored eyes that are often averted from others. She has high cheekbones have a couple of freckles on them and are frequently rosy in color. Kelsey also has a few more freckles scattered throughout her body. Her build is almost that of a fairy. Kelsey is just barely 5 feet tall and with a slight frame. She's a little less than 110 pounds and has approximately B cup breasts. She usually is seen wearing a black and white striped hoodie that is baggy enough to hide her figure. Underneath that hoodie is a fitting red v neck shirt. She wears dark skinny jeans that show off her fairly thin legs. Her shoes of choice are black sneakers with checkered shoelaces. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
History: Kelsey lived a rather average life. Her parents were just fine, although rather distant. She was an only child, meaning she was often alone. She didn't exactly have many friends growing up due to her shyness and discomfort in social situations involving strangers. When she was 7, her parents got her an egg, since despite the fact that they were somewhat emotionally detached they felt bad for her being alone so often. This egg eventually hatched into her Cyndaquil, who she named Coal. Kelsey and Coal became indescribably close. When she turned 14, she finally decided to do some traveling, but avoided battling. Because of this, she is not a very strong trainer. When she was 16, she went back home. Upon coming home, her mother finally realized and felt guilty for not paying enough attention to her daughter while she was still young. She then began to spoil Kelsey, leading to her eventually sending her on an all-expenses paid cruise, which ended in her unexpected being washed on the shore of an unknown island.

Interested in romance?: Yes (if anything she'd love to be that close to someone), and bisexual[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Other: N/A

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Pokemon:

Species: Cyndaquil

Nickname: Coal

Nature: Lonely

Characteristic: Often dozes off [/FONT]

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Name: Michael Silvertip Angross

Personality: Michael is a strong but clumsy fellow. He loves pokemon, and has been a trainer for 5 years now. He loves fighting, and will jump to conclusions just to get to fight. Michael is good when it comes to anything to do with physical contact. But when it comes to using his brain, he often fails. He is a great trainer and hopes to one day become a champion, but at the same time his smarts get in the way with that.

Appearance: Michael has dark green, spiky and messy hair. He is strong, with a muscular body. He stands 6'1. He has a gold tooth, and small ears. Hie eyes are large and green. He has a goatee. He has broad shoulders and is very powerful looking. However he seems slow.

History: Michael was born on a farm. He spent his days being homeschooled and working in the feild. He spent his spare time growing muscle so he can be like the guys in the magazines. He met his 3 pokemon friends on the farm. His father is a well known architect, and his mother is a police officer.

Interested in romance?: Michael is interested in romance, and is straight.

Pokemon:

Zorua-
Species: Zorua

Nickname: Zak

Nature: Hasty

Characteristic: Likes to run

Charmander-

Species: Charmander

Nickname: Taz

Nature: Brave

Characteristic: Likes to fight

Tododile-

Species: Tododile

Nickname: Lacy

Nature: Jolly

Characteristic: Loves to eat

Last edited:

Abi~

-insert title here?-
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
oldbarrel: Sign up looks like it could use some elaboration, although I will accept it for now. Just be aware that your actual posts need to go into more detail.

Although I would like one more female character, I will likely begin the RP if nobody signs up within the next few days.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2012
Name: Laura Teresa Zemson (But more commonly known as 'Bliss')

Personality: She is very determined in battle, and sometimes even cocky. However, she is a bit of a sore loser. Outside of battle, things can annoy her easily, but she cares about friends deeply and is very energetic. She's used to modern-day world, so adjusting to a stranded island would be difficult for someone like herself. She likes battling (especially winning), music, travelling, running around and becoming more powerful as a trainer. She dislikes losing, annoying boys, girly-girls, and sometimes people disagreeing with her. She's very defensive over things she says. Bliss can be very shy at first, however usually warms up to new friends within the first few days (this isn't including trainers).

Appearance: Blue hair that comes down to the middle of her back, tied up in double ponytails, spiky-ish fringe, dark-ish green eyes, tanned peach skin, wears a blue dress with white short sleeves and a pokeball design on the chest, and half pokeball at the bottom. Baggy white socks that come up to the bottom of her knees. Blue trainers adapted for high speeds and are shiny.

History: Laura lived with her mother, Ellen in Goldenrod City (in Johto), however she longed to become a Pokemon Trainer, travelling the region, collecting badges and becoming a strong trainer. Ellen was very over-protective over her daughter, however, and that led to big arguments. About a year before the cruising incident, (at the age of 15) Laura got so angry over a recent argument, that she packed some pokeballs and essentials, and set out into the northern route. However, this was at night so it was plagued with bad men who picked on her. One of them even tried to attack her, but a Cyndaquil stopped him with a flamethrower, and resulted in the others being scared away. Laura, seeing the opportunity, hastily caught the Cyndaquil. She (yes, it was a she) didn't seem to mind, though. As if she wanted to become her Pokemon. Laura named her Freequa. Ever since, Laura became known as Bliss and made new friends, as they travelled around, battling trainers and becoming strong together. Freequa was rarely in her Pokeball, and evolved into a Typhlosion in no time. Ellen, her mother, was very angry when Bliss ran away, but longed for the day she would meet her again.

Interested in romance?: Yes, but she'll play hard to catch - Straight.

Other: Nope. Don't think so.

Pokemon:

Species: Typhlosion
Nickname: Freequa
Nature: Naive
Characteristics: Impetuous and silly

Species: Leafeon
Nickname: Grace
Nature: Adamant
Characteristics: Often scatters things

Species: Butterfree
Nickname: Free-Free