• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you write your poetry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
I figured I should start -- I want to know how your creative process works, do you follow structure heavily, do you write from the heart? where are you when you write? etc. etc.

All of my poetry that I have written presently has occurred mostly from just me pouring my emotions onto the page, literally, if you look at my poem "How?" It is so disorganized and clunky, but it is truly how I felt at the time. I usually write in school, which is where I am when I get hit with my moods so hard, in the presence of my girlfriend. This process changed for me when I wrote "The Last Chance" where I tried to come to a conclusion about what to do about my girlfriend and I's situation, by writing a conversation between me and some other person, creatively and insanely. I came to a conclusion and put it on the page as a freeform poem.

So, how do you get creative?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Normally I have a few lines that come into my head, maybe one, but never too many, and then I write a poem around that. Because so many of mine are slam poems, I use a rhyming website and a near-rhyming website and that gives me more ideas than you would think, just looking at all the words and thinking how they would fit into the poem. I usually write at least one full draft in one sitting and then maybe edit it later.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I usually start by visualizing images inside my head. Once I've got everything thought up, the words just come out of the pen. xD

[DoubleUber]

Like you even care >.>
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 28, 2012
I just think of a word, then another, then another, then it comes out of the keyboard
LOL! my first *BIG BOYS DON'T USE THIS WORD* FanFic.​

Joey went to bed. Joey woke up and had a *poopy* day. THE END​

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'll leave this open and see if it gets any new discussion, but please don't bump threads over a month old since the last post. Not to mention most of that post seems rather off-topic/spammy as well...

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2012
Step one is to fantasize, followed by creating rough notes, then the business end to really pen down real deal.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Please don't post in threads that are over a month old. Check the dates of the last post before submitting your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back