• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Geosynchronus

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
Years
So I tried something a little different with Ho-Oh when I discovered how lolzy Empoleon can be.

Pokemon:
3 Ho-Oh EX(Energy Accelerator; Shaymin counter; donker)
1 Rayzquaza(Donker; Garchomp/Hydreigon/Rayquaza EX counter)
3-1-3 Empoleon(Draw Engine; emergency attacker)
2 Terrakion(counterattacker; Darkrai counter)
2 Emolga(Setup engine; token free-retreater)

T/S/S:
4 Juniper
3 N
1 Bianca
2 Cheren

4 Ultra Ball
4 Catcher
4 Switch
4 Energy Switch
3 Rare Candy
2 Random Receiver
2 Tool Scrapper
1 Super Rod

Energy:
3 Blend WLFM
2 Fighting
2 Fire
2 Lightning
2 Water

Strategy: Lay down pressure, KO what you can and counterattack.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
Years
Does this actually set up with any speed? I'm genuinely curious. I'm also curious as to whether you've decked yourself while playing it or not.
It works fairly well, but there are a number of things that can screw you early in the game. Ho-Oh start is the biggest. And there usually becomes a point at which Empoleon is useless, but it's there to prevent you from getting screwed by a random N.

And I'm normally smart enough to not deck myself out. Sometimes I'll make it look like I'm about to and just N my hand back in to save myself. The only deck outs I've had were playing against one of those annoying Sableye/Crushing hammer troll decks.

Back