• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What do you think of B/W2?

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
As the new games are already released in Japan and eager fans rush to grab their copy, along with B/W2 soon arriving in Australia, what do you think so far from screenshots and Japanese playthroughs?

I kind of thought the player designs were a tad strange. That kid's hair and costume... but hey that's just me!

And one thing I never really got was why Cheren was the 1st Gym Leader. Yes he said clearly, he wanted to be a champion and he was close. His poweful Level 65 Pokemon might of not been a match for Black but I'd of thought he had at least been 7th or 8th Gym Leader or an E4 member.

Enough negative stuff, the good things. I love the introduction of all these Pokemon from different regions. You could pretty much create a great dream team!

What do you think of B/W2, so far? Share your thoughts :D.

Years
I'm liking what I've seen so far, which is nice for someone hyped like I am.

The new character designs were pretty interesting, and I love Mei (the female player character) already. She's so cute and I love her hair. Most of the new characters have already become my favorites, including Colress and Roxie.

I have to admit the player characters in this had the cutest designs so far. Cheren and Bianca also look way cuter than they did in the original B/W.

The inclusion of non-Unova Pokemon is nice, cos I like having balanced teams and they included a lot of fan favorites like Eevee and Lucario. (And I'm definitely gonna use a Lucario)

I watched Marriland's playthrough of the Japanese Black 2 on YouTube and I'm already liking the story, gameplay and aesthetic changes.

The Move Tutors are also a great feature that just had to return, cos look at all the awesome moves they can teach your Pokemon! I'm definitely investing in them when I get to it.

I'm hoping to get (probably) Black 2 at the end of the year and I'll play through it as quickly as I can.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
From what I've seen so far, I'm really satisfied with what B2/W2 bring, like the World Tournament, move tutors and older Pokemon mixed in the Unova Dex.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
About B2/W2, I believe that these games are the most outstanding games and as a way for GameFreak to make up for their bad movepool for the Unova Pokemon due to move tutors now. With the addition of older Pokemon in the Unova Dex, who can complain and I can't wait for the storyline. As for battle facilities, I believe the popularity will greatly surpass the Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier due to the PWT, Black Skyscraper and White Tree Hollow allowing players to enter with uber legendaries. From what I saw on Serebii, there is a PWT Wi-Fi downloadable tournament where you actually fight the ubers such as Mewtwo and Rayquaza used by the famous Gym Leaders that appear in it. I'd say this game will be given the title as the best Pokemon game ever made by GF.

Critx

Is making Wi-Fi on Rom hacks
Years
I am Okay with it....I just like the new Pokemon Formes!

But Cheren should be the champion and full fill BW Prophecy! :S

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2012
I like it. I've only played a poorly ported english rom, but so far, it looks pretty sweet. The inclusion of the medal system is also really cool. I feel like with Black, I lost my urge to play after a few months, until I made it my goal to complete the pokedex. But with this medal system, that will be averted. I also like some of the wild pokemon they included, like Growlithe and the ability to catch an Eevee in the wild.

The only complaints I have are pretty minor. Your pokemon won't follow you and there's no customization for the character (Which isn't really a big deal to me)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Generally, I am very pleased with them, and I am finding them much, MUCH more enjoyable than Pokemon Black & White. They just seemed very short and linear, which from what I've played so far no longer seems to be the case/as much as a problem. :D Some minor gripes do include a lack of a Battle Frontier. I really enjoyed them for their gimmicks, and although I do think the Pokemon World Tournament is one of my dream-features (I always wanted a game where you could fight all the Gym Leaders before B2&W2), I will miss the Battle Arcade and similar facilities. :<

blue

gucci
Years
I've resisted from importing the Japanese version so that my first time play through will be in English to make it much more worth it! I've heard so many good things about B2W2 so I can definitely say I'm excited for these two.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I've only been playing for 2 hours, but I think it feels better than B/W. The map is less straightforward, kinda in the vein of older Pokémon games. Can't wait to play more

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
All in all it's great..it's not just repeat of black and white...it's new all around expanded region new plot...graphics are great...new animations love the ohsawott btw :P and finally able to access some the gen 5 dream world.

anyway 10/10 if I had ti give it a score

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2015
I'm not very far in, but I like them a lot so far! It seems like a lot of the problems in B/W were addressed, and the game, thankfully, isn't just a redo. My initial impression is way better than I thought it would be, and this is the most fun I've had playing Pokémon in a while.

Last edited:

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Tbh i thought it was going to be a lot worse but i really like it, the gameplay and plotline mix well together so far and it seems like a great choice for the game. I also noted that it is far tougher then the first game, which makes a lot better imo.

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
Pokemon Black 2 has been amazing so far. It's offered the same polish that put Emerald and Platinum ahead of their originals, while also providing brand new content. Those two combined make for a very good game. :)

Not to mention some minor details like the grass moving during battles, the little pop up you get when entering a zone, etc. It all just comes together to make this one amazing!

Sirfetch’d

I really like it so far. It started kinda slow and I thought I might hate it but I Love it. The Pokemon are great Roxie's Gym was really cool Pokestar was fun and overall I find it better than the original. I am only at Castelia though.

Master_Z

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 6, 2024
Disappointing. I'm 4 badges in and it's exactly like Black/White 1. Big deal, there's a new Plasma group and old Pokemon are in the wild. Does that justify paying $35 when there are rom hacks with features that we wanted already? And the world tournament is a joke solely because it's 3 on 3 instead of a full battle. I don't know what happened to Game Freak. After second-third gen, they really fell apart.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
I freaking love it :D The new Memory link is really awesome too

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Effing love this game. Been playing it all day, taking it slow though. Traded over some eggs I bred just for this game so I'm raising a ton and crap.

Already had a Wi-Fi battle, collected a good couple of medals, and not even at the second gym. Loving it.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Disappointing. I'm 4 badges in and it's exactly like Black/White 1. Big deal, there's a new Plasma group and old Pokemon are in the wild. Does that justify paying $35 when there are rom hacks with features that we wanted already? And the world tournament is a joke solely because it's 3 on 3 instead of a full battle. I don't know what happened to Game Freak. After second-third gen, they really fell apart.

Yes. Plus all the small things. The medals are cool. The whole Habitat pokedex thing is cool. You can call Bianca and she can tell you how much a pokemon likes you. The old pokemon is a HUUUUUUUUUUGE thing. Old legends. Shiny dragons.

Plus im not even that far into the game. So i dont know what other surprises i might find.

Seriously, im only at the second badge(after 6 hours), and i am loving it so far. The pokestar studio has delayed me, which is weird since i never find the side things all that fun.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2012
So far (only 3 badges in) and it seems like it's probably going to be my favorite Pokemon game. It fixes a lot of the problems I had with Black/White versions, such as having old Pokemon. (I finally don't need to do tons of trading/breeding to get a team of Pokemon I want) I find that you don't need to grind very much in this game as Pokemon level up a lot faster it seems. (Level 1 Cyndaquil got to level 12 after being switched in then switched out during a trainer battle, then proceeded to go from level 12 to level 22 after I had it solo Burgh's Gym)

So far the game is so much better then Black/White.

Back