• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Foreshadows of Hoenn [M][OOC]

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Foreshadows of Hoenn

History of Hoenn​

Hoenn, a beautiful land untouched by the greedy hands of the humans. The land enjoyed a good time of peace, when all the Pokémon lived together without anything to trouble them. Until that fateful summer of 1879, when a small band of adventurers stumbled upon a cave deep in the bowels of the island known as Sootopolis in the present. The insides of the cavern was filled with hundreds of runes, detailing the birth of the region of Hoenn. Nobody till date knows who exactly wrote these runes, but looking at the writing, it looked as if it was the Veteris Tribe, or the Old tribe, that was responsible for these.

But what was more important was the earth-shattering secret the runes told. They revealed that Hoenn had been created by two godly beings, a creature named Groudon, who formed the landmass, and Kyogre, who gave birth to the ocean. After the creation, they had both fought a great war for some unknown reason, until they both disappeared abruptly and handed over control of the young Hoenn to the Pokémon of the land.

Many of the smartest thinkers and scientists debated about this discovery. What exactly had the two Pokémon been fighting about, and why had they disappeared so suddenly? There had to be some hidden reason behind everything.

The period from 1879-1924 was dominated by political tension. One of the leading experts on the runes emerged during this period, a young Aggron named Adamantius. He provided a rather controversial and groundbreaking theory about the war between the two legends. He said that Groudon had fought the war to make sure that more land could be created for habitation. Another thinker, a Kingdra named Aecor, later expanded on this theory and argued that it had been Kyogre who had been fighting to increase the seas to get some more habitat for its water-based brethren. Many Pokémon were skeptical, but were eventually won over because of all the theories revolving around that topic, this one seemed the most plausible, given the violent nature of the fight that had been described.

While these theories were nothing more than speculation, the theories revolutionized the way Pokémon thought during those times. Many started to support the gods for trying to increase the area for their habitats, and took it one step further when they started to feel that they had been cheated of their deserving land. Both Aecor and Adamantius were hailed as great leaders.

In 1927 things grew a bit more serious. The Pokémon of Hoenn divided into two groups, the Caerulus and Ruber tribes, headed by Adamantius and Aecor respectively. The Caerulus Tribe wanted more land for themselves, while the Ruber Tribe wanted to expand the oceans. Almost all Pokémon devoted themselves to finding a way to revive their respective deity and fulfill their purpose. The two factions realized that due to their conflicting interests, they were going to be rivals in the race towards expansion. War soon broke out, with each tribe trying to subdue the other.

The War only lasted for 3 years, but it's impact on Hoenn was devastating. About 3/4th of the entire Pokémon population of Hoenn was wiped out, and it's whole sense of order was destroyed. Even after The Great War though, neither tribe was ready to disband or give up. Instead, Adamantius and Aecor signed a peace treaty, to divide the cities of Hoenn among each other equally. After the once peaceful land was divided, the last remnants tried to rebuild society from scratch...​

The Situation NOW​

The date is now November 12th, 1980. It's been 50 years since The Great War, and the Pokémon of Hoenn are still divided now, as they were all those years ago. Both tribes still refuse to look eye to eye, and limited trade and interaction takes place. The Caerulus Tribe and Ruber Tribe are still controlled by Adamantius and Aecor, and their research into summoning their deities hasn't gone anywhere all these years later. The city of Sootopolis has been considered "disputable territory", since neither tribe wants to give the city up. Talks for the occupation of the city still take place every week, with tensions rising for the ownership of the city. The recovery of the region has been slow, and is still nowhere near the way it had been before the tribes took over.

About a month ago, a huge ship containing around a thousand human beings arrived in Hoenn, in a place they later called Slateport. The ship comprised of people from Kanto, looking to explore this whole new unexplored region, with its exotic Pokémon. First, the humans were mostly scientists, but a week after that, the others rolled in. The humans began to interact with the local Pokémon with the latest equipment that allowed the two species to communicate; the Pokespeak. The leader of the humans, who was heading the project to occupy Hoenn, was called Alexander Grahams.

Talks between the Caerulus Tribe, Ruber Tribe and the Human Republic, as they'd been named, began. Peaceful division and occupation of the land was being discussed, even though the Pokémon tribes were reluctant to further divide Hoenn and lose power. But, the last war had left them shaken, so they wanted to avoid war altogether this time around. The humans were wary of these new Pokémon, and decided to obtain land through peaceful means rather than force.

Initially, the discussions were in a deadlock. Neither tribe was willing to give up any single one of their territories, but Grahams proved to be a very persuasive man. Both Tribes were forced to hand over land, and everything was proceeding smoothly, until November 10th, which was two days ago.

Grahams and his subordinates had gone on a routine round of the human camp in Route 103. His small team comprised of all major position holders in the Human Republic. As the team went about completing their usual errands, something went horribly wrong. A mysterious attack took place in the settlement, killing every single human being in the camp. The whole camp was burnt to the ground, and Grahams and his team had been successfully murdered. No evidence was discovered, and their was no telling who, or even what, had attacked them. In a matter of a few hours, the Human Republic had lost all its leaders, leaving them successfully "decapitated".

The humans immediately blamed the Pokémon, and war was declared. Even on the Pokémon side nobody knew what had happened. Both tribes began to blame each other for the supposed assassination of Grahams. Due to the suddenness of the new war, the Pokémon had no option but to defend themselves against the humans, whether they were divided or united. The humans found this war as an opportunity for revenge, and as an easy way to gain Hoenn by force. The humans worked on electing their new leaders for the war, while the Pokémon held their talks to counter this new war that had attacked their somewhat peaceful lives once more...

YOU

You, are either a Pokémon who is part of either tribes of Hoenn, or a human preparing for war.

As a Human​

As a human, your objective is simple, fight the war, win the war. You may be the General of the Human Republic, leading the forces into battle and making critical decisions, or you may be one of two lieutenants, who are second in the chain of command and advisors to the General. Or, you may be a medic, or a simple mechanic, or even a spy, trying to contribute in any way possible. As a human, you attack the Pokémon as a whole, without caring what tribe they belong to, or you may work together a member from one tribe and try to attack the other tribe.

The Human Republic consists of the following ranks-
Spoiler:

The humans are visiting Hoenn for the first time, therefore they have limited knowledge of both the land and the native Pokémon of the region.

As a Pokémon

As a Pokémon, you may be a part of either the Caerulus Tribe or the Ruber Tribe, looking to defend Hoenn against the humans. You are stuck in a three way war between the humans and the opposing tribe. You may either work together with the humans secretly to take out your opponent tribe, or try to unite both tribes against their mutual enemy. You can come from any profession to fight the war, the Pokémon need every being they can afford.

Water and Ice type Pokémon are always going to be a part of Ruber Tribe, while types like Rock, Ground, Steel and Fire will always be a part of Caerulus Tribe. The rest of the types are neutral and thus can be a part of any tribe.

The humans may be a new species for the Pokémon to face, but since the Great War, the Pokémon of Hoenn have turned into a thinking and adaptive species. It could take them little to no time to figure out the new technologies of the advanced humans...

Technology

Humans

The technology available for humans is roughly equivalent to the technology you will find today, except for transport. You have your smartphones, laptops and motion sensing mines, along with automatics and semi automatics, but the standard issue for the average soldier is the trusty AK-47 along with a hunting knife. Transport, on the other hand, has unfortunately not been well developed because of reliance on Pokémon. Boats, small cargo planes and jeeps feature in the Human Republic. The humans also have a basic translator inbuilt that helps them communicate with Pokémon.

Pokémon​

Pokémon have advanced over the 50 years since the Great War. The Caerulus Tribe has built several tools which includes primitive weaponry like blades and scythes. On the other hand, the Ruber Tribe have focused on stealth aspect of battles, which include camouflage. Ruber Tribe's offense also includes large scale explosions and elaborate traps to make sure sea routes are often blocked for usage.

Map of HOENN

acah6v.png

Brown = Caerulus Tribe
Blue = Ruber Tribe
Yellow = Human Republic
Green = Sootopolis City

Signup Form

Human

Name (pretty obvious):

Sex (again, obvious):

Age (anything above 18 will work):

Appearance (give a brief description of how your character looks like):

Personality (How does your character act in certain situations? How is he/she in general?):

History (Events that took place in your character's past. Please send this to me in a Private Message, secrets play a big role in this RP: -----------

Rank (see list above):

Specialization (Spy, Medic, Soldier, etc.):

Preferred Weapon (lets not go overboard here):

Other (anything else not covered above?):

Pokémon​

Name (pretty obvious):

Sex (again, obvious):

Age (anything above 18 will work):

Species (what Pokémon are you?):

Tribe (Caerulus Tribe or Ruber Tribe. You HAVE to be a part of either tribe, your character though, can act generally neutral):

Appearance (give a brief description of how your character looks like):

Personality (How does your character act in certain situations? How is he/she in general?):

History (Events that took place in your character's past. Please send this to me in a Private Message, secrets play a big role in this RP: -----------

Moves (Total of 5 moves, but can learn more later in the RP):

Profession (you can be anything, from a warrior, to a hunter, to a regular farmer):

Other (anything else not covered above?):

Rules

• No godmodding, bunnying without permission, etc. In general, all PC Roleplaying Rules apply.
  • Please be active, and no short posts please. Make sure posts are over 4 lines. Also, proper grammar.
  • This RP is [M], or PG-17. Violence, blood and gore is to be expected. Mild cursing is allowed, and mild romance as well, but make sure you don't go overboard on either one of them.
  • The technology in the time that this RP takes place in is roughly equivalent to the technology we have now.
  • Make sure the History is PMed and not posted in the main thread itself!
  • All OOC (Out of Character) posts and sign-ups go in the OOC Thread, and all IC posts in the main thread.
  • Have fun! No point RPing otherwise. :]
  • Make sure you include the following on the top of all your IC posts-

Name of the character

Accepted Characters

Humans

Spoiler:

Caerulus Tribe

Spoiler:

Ruber Tribe

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
You told me about this, so here~ You also said it's a third right? x3

Pokemon

Name: Zepheros (Zeph)

Sex: Male

Species: Staraptor

Tribe : Caerulus Tribe

Appearance: Zepheros is a medium sized Staraptor who was born with a larger wingspan than the average of his kind his kind. The red bang on his forehead is longer and heavier than normal and his gleaming red eyes often force people to look away in attempt to avoid eye-to-eye contact. As he prefers to fly freely without a lot of weight pulling him down, only his talons and the tip of his red crest are coated in metal.

Personality: 'Staraptor are highly aggressive and dangerous Flying-type bird Pokémon.' - Bulbapedia.

You would not want to cross paths with Zepheros - he saves the questions for last. This talented bird-of-prey has earned the title of 'Sky Assassin' and it fits him ridiculously well. Headstrong and reckless, the Staraptor cares nothing about its opponent's life and simply tears the enemy into shreds. When the victim has fainted, Zepheros would still deliver wreckless blows upon the target with extremely brutal and violent strikes. With a habit of being carried away, he would only stop when the body is nothing more than reddish slime and bones. Simply put, if Zepheros has a chance to go on a reckless killing spree, he cannot be stopped unless someone takes the risk and pins him down. He is that ruthless.

Zepheros' battle style is also rather devastating. He would often use Double Team as a decoy and appear behind his victim. Swiftly after, a bolt of Toxic would guarantee its eventual death while a powerful close combat destroys it with his talons (he keeps himself levitated with his wings and releases a fast amount of kicks and jabs). As if that wasn't enough, Zeph would continue to jab the enemy and unleash his fury onto its dead body, causing blood to splatter out like a fountain. Against humans, he can always just fly up behind the victim and pierce his neck with his talons, tearing it apart with one devastating split...or he can use the same routine.

Personality wise, Zeph likes to go solo or attack in a small squadron with guerilla tactics instead of fighting head on. His war-cry, which is his signature Staraptor screech, strikes fear into enemies' hearts. Despite having a little 'apprentice' named Patriot (Rufflet, Nakuzami), he often goes alone and ignores the fact that Patriot would be following him everywhere. After being in the tribe for years, Zeph has developed new, decent perspectives that would help him in life...but due to his traumatizing past, most of his newer concepts are kept within his mind, cloaked by his lust for the taste of blood. This makes people think that he's nothing but a killing machine, even though if he kills for the sake of his tribe.

In fact, he isn't just an emotionless monster as there's a conscience within the depths of his heart. Loyal and determined, he has no difficulty completing the tasks that are assigned to him. He also knows a couple of battle tactics (though not as much when it comes to political things) which would be decent aid to his tribe. He DOES have a more calm and serious side when it's required, and he's willing to fight for respect and recognition. If you want guerrilla fights, assassination plans or just a great fighter than can stand up for himself, give this Staraptor a call - his battle cry (the signature Staraptor screech) is quite a morale boost for allies during a battle.

History: PM'd

Profession (you can be anything, from a warrior, to a hunter, to a regular farmer): 'High-class' Warrior

Moves: Close Combat, Brave Bird, Double Team, Toxic, Hyper Beam

Other:

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I'd like to reserve myself a spot here, as this RP seems pretty darned cool. Should have it up in a couple hours. So let's hope for some tense cross-tribe-race interaction :3

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
@Fenne-Kun: Congrats! You're accepted!

@Sir Bastian: Sure, reserved, but for what faction? :]

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
I'll reserve as well please. Just what I need in my life, more conflict!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Oh, for Pokémon, most likely the Caerulus tribe, unless you'd rather want me in the Ruber one :P Then again, it'd be awesome to be on the same team as Greiger. Which faction/tribe are you going with?

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
x3 Currently, there's quite a lot of Caerulus tribe people! I think I know 5 Pokemon that's gonna join Cae, and practically 0 that's joining Ruber or the Humans. I'm sure DI would solve it somehow though.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Definitely Caerulus, need to get my main man Penance in here. Just tweak his history from Odyssey and whola!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I think I'm joining the Caerulus bandwagon as well. Already got some nice thoughts about my character, so we'll see how things pan out! Now to get some players for the other teams xD

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
True true. We need some rock types up in this!

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
This is getting more crowded than expected o.o Hail the Caerulus bandwagon! It is a privilege to talk to my Staraptor - Zeph xD //shot

Seriously though DI has to re-balance this a little bit xD Ruber only has Water Ice + Neutral while Caerulus has 4 types + Neutral. x3 Either way, it'll be sorted out soon.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Hmh. It IS getting filled up quite well, so I might switch over to Ruber to even things out just a tad more. Yeah, sorry Greig, but I'm gonna join the water fellas :P

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
@Greiger: iirc Penance is a Golduck, right? Then he'll have to be in Ruber because all Water types go to Ruber. I'll give you some time to sort it over though. :]

@Sir Bastian: Reserved for Ruber!

@Shinysweety: Reserved for Caerulus!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Oh, whoops, misread. Stupid studying that has caused my head to explode multiple times today! Yes Ruber then. Sorry, just off my hinges, once my test is done today then I will get on and get my SU up. So yeah, Ruber.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
I'd like to be reserved for Ruber. I'll have my SU up in about an hour.

EDIT: Ha! I guess I was thinking about rhombus when I wrote that.

Finished!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
So I saw that people were switching over to Ruber, so now I won't feel as guity anymore to ask if I could be reserved for Caerulus, which I will, of course, ask for.

(Finished!)
Name: Galeno

Sex: Male

Species: Ampharos

Tribe: Caerulus Tribe

Appearance: Galeno is a tall, and well-defined Ampharos with a long and bulky tail. He is still fit for his age, even when some of the signs of ageing are creeping up on him, and he's certainly considered fit enough to serve in dire need. His rubbery yellow skin is getting paler every year, but the worn colour still shows up through the rust of age. The black bands that circumferate his neck, ears and his tail have a few cracks and clefts where the yellow skin runs through them, like chipping paint. His chest and abdomen bear a cream colour, and their borders fall crisp against the sandy yellow. His conical ears are puffed slightly. Galeno's two shimmering red orbs glow like two bright polished rubies when the electric current flows through them. He can control the glow of those orbs to an extent, being a helpful guide in the dark, though they may uncontrollably intensify in their brightness if his passion is unbridled and shine with a blinding glare. His long muzzle converges to a rounded tip and his eyes hold a fiery expression fuelled by rageing enthusiasm. His appearance may be bulky, putting him at a disadvantage at times when nimbleness and manoeuverability is necessary, but he packs the physical prowess to make up for it.

Personality: Galeno is a sentimentalist after his father. He makes rash decisions, driven by a fiery passion to commit himself to doing justice from his personal view. He swears allegiance to his friends and to his values, and vehemently defends them against criticism. He can sometimes be irrational and unstrategic in his decisions, and is too froward to let go of it when his fervour goes turbulent. Galeno stays fiercely loyal to what he believes in, and won't back down from the opportunity to propogate them. He is a frustrated personality, and his hatred is often directed at the manipulative upper classes – the humans, and the acquiescent leaders who send the citizenry to fight their wars for them. Galeno is an idealist at heart, who strives for an enlightened future that he envisions. His dreams often seem fictitious or unachievable, yet he remains stalwart to defend them.

On another side, he is adventurous, a fortune-hunter who seeks lucrative opportunities where they appear. His impulsive behaviour led him to become a risk-taker, a thrill-seeker, audacious and undaunted. He is willing to take the brunt for a friend if he must, and underneath the boiling emotion and patriotic fervour is a heart that wants to protect his loved ones from harm. He deems the arrival of the humans to be a direct threat to that security.

In a fight, he is the kind of character who relies on turning over his disadvantages to an edge with clever acting on the field. He uses his strength and split second thinking to compensate for his slowth. His tactic is to incapacitate the foe at first, using attacks that can immobilise or slow down an opponent. He usually does not mean to cause harm, but in the heat of the moment or when his ideals are at stake, he might lose any kind of self-restraint.

History: -PM'd-

Moves: Thunder Wave, Cotton Spore, Charge, Electro Ball, Thunder Punch

Profession: Merchant escort

Other: -

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
if I may, I'd like to also be reserved for Ruber. SU will be on the way

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I'd have me a spot at Caelurus Tribe, and I'll point out that it's Ruber Tribe, not Rubus.

Back