• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Trading Card shortage nearing end, per source

We have finally received confirmation that the Pokémon Trading Card Game supply shortage is nearing an end!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
Why would it be a bad thing? It finally means people can start collecting cards again instead of having to deal with not collecting due to empty shelves.

collection values goes down on resale with more cards in circulation. Unless the shortage was so short it didn't have a real effect on that.

Years
collection values goes down on resale with more cards in circulation. Unless the shortage was so short it didn't have a real effect on that.

The point is to return the market to where it was before the shortage began. There are literally no new cards in circulation right now because of how short the stock is. Have you been to any stores lately?

also you may want to read the article and look at its tags my friend

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
This is such a relief. I found the first booster pack I found at Target in months yesterday. 😩 Hopefully I can find a few more in the next coming weeks! 😃

Senoue

I'm back to rise!
Years
When would the shortage fix go into effect? I work at a Target and we still get ransacked for our stock every Friday. Would love to be able to buy packs on a break again without having to call sick and go to another store.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Pokemon cards right now are in an economic bubble. Prices have gone up due to influences and speculators. So all these (mostly vintage) high value cards have all been bought up thinking that the value will continue to rise so they hoard them. Because of that, you can't find a Base Set Charizard for less than 2k.

But eventually, bubbles pop.

Years
I don't think the bubble for the older cards will pop, as older baseball cards have definitely demonstrated the ceiling is much further away for Pokemon cards still, but prices for the newer cards should return to more normal levels.

Back