• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon anime voices that you don't like

Status
Not open for further replies.

j2y8n2x

Gothitelle iz naught imprezzed
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2011
I personally don't like the voice of Jynx and Gothitelle in the anime.
The anime has ruined their voices and both of them sound like witches.
Jynx sounded like a scary witch and Gothitelle sounded like a wicked witch.

I also don't like the male Snivy's voice. The fact that they divide female voices and male voices is just wrong...animals shouldn't have this division.

I actually disagree with most anime voices in Best Wishes, they sound too human. Hahakomori sounds more like a mother than a bug... o.0

So, what's your opinion?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I hate Oshawott's dub voice, it's terrible and sounds too feminine in my opinion, it's japanese voice was great and really captured how funny it is...

I probably think Hahakomori was actually supposed to sound a little motherly or something, it did seem to be a female, and it did make the leaf for Kurumiru.

I'm not going to drag on about how TPCi changed the dub voice actors to be honest, I find it very annoying how people still do it...

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
I don't like Tepig voice in English Dub. I know it's suppose to sound like a pig since it's a pig type Pokemon but it just annoying. I like it's Jap voice a lot better then the English. I don't like Meowth Jap voice at all. I can barely hear his voice clearly. I know I don't understand Japanese but the voice is a bit clear to hear but when it comes to Meowth; I just feel like closing my ears with earplugs.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
It's true Meowth's Japanese voice is annoying. He sounds like a grandpa who smoked too much cigarette! I like the Japanese dub so far, but I've seen none of the English episodes since I don't live in the US (BW that is).

I always liked Jynx's voice in the first season! It sounds like a happy fat woman to me xD.

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
Years
I hated quilava's voice in the sinnoh league. Yes Oshawott sounds like a girl when its a boy. I didn't like Sevine's cry either

j2y8n2x

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2011
Huh? Pokemon BW is in USA already?

It's true Meowth's Japanese voice is annoying. He sounds like a grandpa who smoked too much cigarette! I like the Japanese dub so far, but I've seen none of the English episodes since I don't live in the US (BW that is).

I always liked Jynx's voice in the first season! It sounds like a happy fat woman to me xD.
I can't hear a word with Meowth's Japanese voice.
LOL a grandpa who smoked too much LOL

haha...happy fat woman...the voice is too low for me though, especially when compared with the soprano voice she has in the games.

j2y8n2x

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2011
ok, I watched the English dub...

and I don't like Axew's and Oshawott's English voice--too girly.
The Japanese voices are WAY better.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
I hate Oshawott's dub voice, it's terrible and sounds too feminine in my opinion, it's japanese voice was great and really captured how funny it is...

I'm not going to drag on about how TPCi changed the dub voice actors to be honest, I find it very annoying how people still do it...

Oshawott - What are you ON about?! 0_o Ash's Oshawott's Wotter's voice is like one of the best voices to grace the English dub along with Pikachu's and Blaziken's!

I really hate Professor Oak's new voice, though. His classic Original Series voice was very distinctive, implying Pokemon Professor knowledge but without too much nerdiness and without too much seriousness. The current voice actor is just trying to imitate him way too hard and sadly failing. T_T And Sarah Natochenny is OK for Ash's voice, but I still miss Veronica Taylor's distinctive voice...

Sandile's voice sounds a bit too screechy for me; I thought it would either be reminiscent of Sandslash's dub voice, or it would have been in a deeper tone.

I love Tepig's dub voice; at times it sounds appropriately swine, and at other times it strangely sounds like a wonderful bell tone. :)

The gender of the Snivy that Trip received - I can tolerate its voice, but I feel that it could have been better. It wasn't "Smugleaf"-sounding enough...maybe this opposite-gendered Snivy in a later episode will be a bit better sounding...

ok, I watched the English dub...

and I don't like Axew's and Oshawott's English voice--too girly.
The Japanese voices are WAY better.

Still disagree with Oshawott's dub voice, but I agree about Axew's Kibago's dub voice. Way too cutesy for a baby Dragon Pokemon that, in my perspective, should have a "Larvitar-ish" sounding voice.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
What do you mean, racist? lol

I've finally watched a bit of the English version, and my ears exploded when I heard Tepig's voice. Its pig squeaks are so awful.

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
Years
I am really hating Ash's new dub voice. I didn't really mind it in Diamond and Pearl however within the context of the new approach to B&W it's flaws have been exposed.

The problem is that it has no comedic tones - it's too one dimenional; there have been a couple of times in the B&W where Ash has acted like a noob. In the first series, Veronica Taylor was able to perfect the delivery and help enhance the noobishness of Ash so much so that it geniunely could get a chuckle from you. However Nanotechonlgy (or whatever her name is) is not able to get the same delivery and so it isn't funny at all; where Ash is talk like a noob, he doesn't.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012
I really dislike Ash, Brocks, and Professor Oaks current dub voices. Especially Ashs. Episodes where he doesnt talk very much are usually the best.

Tox

fight me
Years
Here are the main voices that annoy me (All dubbed):

Pokémon
Poliwhirl
Totodile
Torkoal
Corphish
Staravia
Oshawott
Axew
Tepig

People
4Kids
Bill
Todd Snap
→ Prof. Ivy
→ Prof. Elm

TPCi
Brock
Prof. Oak
Ash (for the character)
James
May
Nurse Joy

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Trip is both racist and has an annoying voice actor

Really? He has Barry's voice actor, who I loved. It's like I can hear the enthusiasm dripping out his voice, but he's not allowed to show it because of who he's currently playing...@~@ Perhaps he doesn't suit calm characters.

Everyone who hates Osha's adorable voice is officially deaf. I have now decided for you. Not in every case I would say this, most definitely, but I believe Oshawott's and Mijumaru's voices are just as cute as each other. Not often this happens with dub voices.

Years
I think that Trip and Barry's voices are annoying. But I prefer the Pokemon Company International voices better than 4Kids. James sounds funnier in newer episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back