• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The King of the Hill Thread

Years
King of the Hill was an animated comedy that ran 13 Seasons, starting in 1997 and ending in 2009

This is personally my favorite Animated Comedy. I enjoy alot of them, but King of the Hill always came off as the best one to me. I really liked how this series kept it's character development natural and there wasn't alot of plot holes, if something happend to a character it stayed that way, and that was really cool to me. (Granted other animated material does that well too, but his might of been the first time I apprecated it.)

What are some of you favorite Episodes and Characters? (I'll talk about mine a little later)

Propane.

Years
I gradually started watching King of The Hill because I realized it was actually really funny, even though it's very subtle humor. I wish that I watched it during its original run.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
My dad used to love King of The Hill and I would watch it with him sometimes. Though honestly I never really found it as interesting as some other cartoons on Fox like The Simpsons or Family Guy. But it was still a pretty funny show with some great characters and I do wish it was airing episodes on Fox. I recently caught one of the reruns on Adult Swim , this one where Bobby learns about John Redcorn's heritage and then boycotts Thanksgiving after learning how badly the Indians were treated during the first Thanksgiving. It was a great episode cause it really proves a point of how awful the Indians were treated by the Pilgrims and Americans.

Years
King of the Hill is probably one of my favorite animated shows of all time, simply because it wasn't trying to be over the top like Family Guy or The Simpsons. I think the subtle humor coming out of everyday situations made the show quite relatable, which is why I personally (and I'm sure many others) enjoyed it.

Admittedly I was disappointed when the show ended, but it did run for over a decadee. Towards the end some of the past plot points were forgotten about, so I guess I'm glad they ended when they did, rather than trying to milk it's success dry like The Simpsons.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I love King of the Hill!!! I really need to get around to watch it from its inception to closing episode, but that show is one of the reasons I love Bob's Burgers, it's just so subtle. That's what everyone says, I know, but really: the subtlety of Mike Judge is just great.

My favorite episode would have to be the one where Peggy finally finds out about the real parentage of Joseph, the one where she is deadset on telling Dale the truth but ultimately puts her arrogance aside and decides to let Dale continue thinking he's Joseph's father. It's just a really sweet episode, I just really like it.

I wonder if they would have made more seasons if Brittany Murphy hadn't died :( I knew it was nearing it's close before her passing, but still.

Years
lol I always despised Peggy. I mean I know she was kinda written that way, but by the end of the series I just had a dead set grudge against her. She does have her shining moments though. Like the one episode where she gets into a fight with Bobby in order for Hank to become the authority of the house again.

Spoiler:

Does anyone else feel that the series sorta jumped the shark with the introduction of Lucky?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
lol I always despised Peggy.

I just had to brush my teeth and erase all traces of the bile that just entered my mouth.

Does anyone else feel that the series sorta jumped the shark with the introduction of Lucky?

Nah, I don't think that. I always hated Lucky as a character, but at least Luanne had a male relationship to work on other than the one with Uncle Hank, right?

Years
Nah, I don't think that. I always hated Lucky as a character, but at least Luanne had a male relationship to work on other than the one with Uncle Hank, right?

I dunno, I kinda feel like Luanne was just one character that stuck around a bit longer then she should have. Maybe she was a fan favorite or something? I don't know. Her and Bill both got dumbed down alot as the show kept running. I guess the difference is I like the angle they play with Bill more.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I have very few concrete memories of King of the Hill, but I do remember liking it whenever I sat down to watch it. In particular, the episode 'Bobby Goes Nuts', where Bobby goes to a women's self-defence class and uses its techniques on his male bullies, is a definite highlight. Many parts of the show have faded in the recesses of my mind, but Bobby Hill screaming 'THAT'S MY PURSE! I DON'T KNOW YOU!" will probably stay with me for the rest of my life.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I enjoy watching King of the Hill, today I don't watch it as often -Pokemon takes that spot- Its not on TV as before I always found Luanne too annoying. Hank Hill was the main reason I watched the show (reminded me of Mr. Anderson from Beavis and Butthead).

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Oh God, this has to be one of my most favorite TV shows. I can never get bored watching this and I'll normally watch it whenever it's on. Hanks love of propane (and propane accessories) was one of the things that made me love this show. But if you were to ask who my favorite character was, I wouldn't say Hank, but Rusty Shackleford Dale Gribble. He probably says some of the funniest things in the whole show ever imo.

Back