• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ones That Got Away

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The Ones That Got Away
Originally created by Sammuthegreat. CSS by Necrum.
300px-Shiny_Legendary_Beasts.png

Time to revisit and oldie, but goodie! Do you have any Pokemon that you have never gotten to use for some reason? Pokemon was too late in the game, your team was already planned, or you just plain haven't used it and would like to? Or even Pokemon you might have used in older generations that you haven't gotten a chance to retry in a newer one -- or vice versa! Whatever your reasoning, this challenge is for you! First things first: You'll need to make a list of these Pokemon you want to use. Include this in your sign up and another participant in the challenge will assign you a team based on your list of ones that got away. Once your team has been assigned, you're free to start your journey!

Username:
Game:
Pokemon that got away: (Please put these in a spoiler)
Parameters:
(Any rules you want the team chooser to follow, like no Pokemon of the same type, a team number less than 6, etc.)
Mode: Normal/Expert (read further down for expert mode details)

Rules:

1. Your team must be chosen with the process above, and cannot be changed during the course of the game. If for whatever reason, you find that a member of your team cannot be obtained, you may request a new Pokemon to fill its slot.

2. You may use HM buddies when necessary.

3. Any means may be used to obtain the Pokemon for your team. Hacking is allowed for this purpose. Hacked in Pokemon must be legal. Meaning they cannot have moves that are impossible, or be fully evolved versions of themselves at low levels.

4. If any Pokemon on your team requires an item to evolve, you may trade or hack that item into your game. You may also trade or hack any TM for your Pokemon that is only available for post game.

5. Your journey ends when the credits roll for the first time.

-Expert mode is a different end point whereby you decide to play the game in question to its greatest challenge. You may not hack or trade any items if you choose Expert Mode. Here is the end point for various games:

• R/B/Y/FR/LG - Capture Mewtwo (no Master Ball)
  • G/S/C/HG/SS - Defeat Red
  • R/S - Capture Rayquaza (no Master Ball)
  • E - Defeat Steven
  • D/P - Capture Giratina (no Master Ball)
  • Pt - Defeat Cynthia's rematch team
  • B/W - Defeat Alder
  • B2/W2 - Defeat Iris' rematch team
  • X/Y - Complete the Booker Side Quest and capture Zygarde (no Master Ball)

My Sign up:
Spoiler:

Challengers:

Spoiler:

Champions:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Duchevco

Rowlet/Drampa/Vikavolt/Salandit/Bewear/IceNinetale
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 9, 2016
Game: Omega Ruby
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: 6 Pokemon, Mainly Sinnoh/Johto pokemon, at least 1 ice type, and 1 unova pokemon
Mode: Normal

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: 6 Pokemon, Mainly Sinnoh/Johto pokemon, at least 1 ice type, and 1 unova pokemon

Octillery, Heracross, Froslass, Mandibuzz, Rotom, and Magcargo. Have fun!

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
Username: GandhiSavage
Game: Pokémon Volt White
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: 6 Pokémon with a surfer and flyer please
Mode: Expert

Thank god you re-made this challenge it's one of my favourites and I was considering it!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 5, 2016
Nidoking, Sunflora, Galvantula, Crowbat, Chandelure, Toxicroak

User name: リリース
Game: soulsilver
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: team of 4 pokemon
Expert mode

Last edited by a moderator:

Gandhi Savage

Years
User name: リリース
Game: soulsilver
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: team of 4 pokemon
Expert mode

Bellossom, Muk, Octillery and Mamoswine

Gandhi Savage

Years
UPDATE #1

here's the tl;dr version

Ones That Got Away!
Pokémon Volt White - 1/8
032.png
041.png
192.png
453.png
595.png
607.png

and now here are some screenies, just a quick lil update so i'm too lazy to type out what happened haha

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Challenger list is updated. I also need a team, if someone would be so kind. n__n

Years
I always wanted to do this challenge, but there always seemed to be another challenge that I wanted to do more. But now there is nothing in the way so here it goes :). Also it's a good way to use pokemon I've never used before, so I might stay here for a while.

Username: Kostucha
Game: Leaf Green
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters:
6 pokemon, a surfer and a flyer

Username: Schwann (Sydian?)
Game: White
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: 6 Pokemon. No repeating types. I'd like at least 4 party members to be Unova-native.

And for you:

Qwilfish
Mismagius
Leavanny
Krookodile
Sigilyph
Vanilluxe

Enjoy! :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I always wanted to do this challenge, but there always seemed to be another challenge that I wanted to do more. But now there is nothing in the way so here it goes :). Also it's a good way to use pokemon I've never used before, so I might stay here for a while.

Username: Kostucha
Game: Leaf Green
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters:
6 pokemon, a surfer and a flyer

Thanks for the team! I was really wanting to use Vanilluxe especially, so this works out great. For you, I'll give you Hitmonchan, Kabutops, Xatu, Forretress, Banette, and Flareon. :)

Duchevco

Rowlet/Drampa/Vikavolt/Salandit/Bewear/IceNinetale
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 9, 2016
Sorry! completely forgot i posted here.

Octillery, Heracross, Froslass, Mandibuzz, Rotom, and Magcargo. Have fun!

Cool! I'll be posting my updates soon.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Super mini update! I've been pretty busy with work + travel and now Sun/Moon are out ahhh. But I did start this. Just trying to get through the beginning so that I can trade in eggs for my first two party members, Misdreavus and Qwilfish. That also means having to breed them and unfortunately, they're in separate games so lmao I had three 3DSes going one night... Slowly but surely making my way to truly beginning this, of course!

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Ooh nice! I always kinda do this in the Gen I-III games. I'm pretty indecisive though so this might be handy. Is it okay to sign up for this even though it might take a while before I start on it?

If yes:

Username: BlazingCobaltX
Game: LeafGreen
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters:
Spoiler:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Ooh nice! I always kinda do this in the Gen I-III games. I'm pretty indecisive though so this might be handy. Is it okay to sign up for this even though it might take a while before I start on it?

If yes:

Username: BlazingCobaltX
Game: LeafGreen
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters:
Spoiler:

Alright then, seems kinda late but a week or so isnt so bad right?
for the team, if you choose charmander: vaporeon, beedrill, snorlax, dugtrio, hitmonlee
If you choose squirtle: fearow, beedrill, snorlax, dugtrio, hitmonlee
Really just wanna make sure i get the flyer AND surfer for both and still give you the balanced types..

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Alright then, seems kinda late but a week or so isnt so bad right?
for the team, if you choose charmander: vaporeon, beedrill, snorlax, dugtrio, hitmonlee
If you choose squirtle: fearow, beedrill, snorlax, dugtrio, hitmonlee
Really just wanna make sure i get the flyer AND surfer for both and still give you the balanced types..
Thank you for the reply! It's fine, I've yet to finish my current run of LG but I wanted this posted here already. I'll get back at you when I start this playthrough. :)

AxelTheInkling

Ridiculously Lucky
Years
Username: Axel
Game: Emerald
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: 4 pokemon only, not including HM Slaves.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Username: Axel
Game: Emerald
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: 4 pokemon only, not including HM Slaves.

Hariyama, Masquerain, Sableye, and Spinda are your Pokemon! Since you didn't specify anything other than the number of Pokemon on the team, I just used a random number generator to pick four of them. Enjoy!

Username: Feraligatr13
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: 6 Pokemon that don't share types.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 24, 2024
Username: Hetzalwel
Game: Sacred gold
Pokemon that got away
Spoiler:

Parameters: 5 pokemon and 1 HM slave preferably none of the same time

Back