• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"It's a secret to everybody."

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
aka. the Secrets thread.

Over the years, we might of been so attached with certain video games, that we tend to explore or find stuff that we normally wouldn't find in games, or, things that have been vaguely hinted towards. In other words, secrets within the games. For example, in the original Legend of Zelda for the NES, there were a lot of secret staircases where you'd have to burn certain bushes, in order to find things like Heart Containers, or a high amount of Rupees. As vague as these secrets were, they were quite appealing to find, and once we found them, we might of been jumping for joy! (well, maybe not literally jumping for joy, but, it might of been a nice surprise!)

Now, as you might of found more and more secrets as these years go by, what were some of the most memorable secrets that you found within games? What was your primary reaction on finding these secrets? And yes, that includes any secrets from any games, including MMOs. Have you found any recent secrets lately, and would like to share some of them? Feel free to give your stories!

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Well I havent found so many secrets in games so the list is quite short for me.
Dungeon Siege 2: The secret realm of game developers. My inital reaction was: Waaaaaaaaaaaaat is this Madnes?!
The reason why this secret is memorable for me is due to the amount of work it is required to enter the realm.

The flute in Super Mario Bros 3. This little item was god-sent for me as a kid. I wasnt so good at platformers at that time so this item helped me get to levels I havent been to.

Any other secret I have forgotten about over the years..

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
I am always amazed at the number of secrets that I have discovered in all of the classic 2D side-scrolling Sonic the Hedgehog games. Whether it would be lamp posts, big rings, extra lives, power-ups, shortcuts, you name it. There are just so many paths to take in each act and zone that makes every playthrough a new adventure.

A notable secret is in Sonic CD, where under the boss area in Act 3 of Palmtree Panic, there is a secret room reachable only with debug mode that contains two unused monitors of which are never seen elsewhere in the game: a clock, and an S monitor. They have no functionality whatsoever, but it is shown in the prototype release of Sonic CD that the clock monitor was supposed to stop time for a brief period, and the S monitor was supposed to give Sonic increased speed and an invincibility shield.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
When I was nine or so, I was playing Duke Nukem on N64. I found that room with the drawing on the wall of the woman with the tentacle monsters. It was horrible Q_Q /childhood-destroyed

Hmm... But other than that, I can't recall any "secret" areas in games that I've found or looked for. I had the OoT Guide and I found a lot of Heart Containers and all four bottles, but I don't know if that really counts since it was kinda part of the game to begin with.

Back