• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do I Have To Make It Rain? [OU Rain Team, Help and Critiques Wanted]

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years
So, I have an OU Rain Team, and I'd like some help/critiques so I can make it better, if it's not already good enough. So, let's meet the team.

Kermit (Politoed) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Soraka (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SDef / 20 Spd
Sassy Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

Saturn (Toxicroak) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spd
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Wyvern (Dragonite) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Dragon Tail
- Roost

Fort Buggy (Forretress) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

Poe (Gengar) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

So, does this team already seem fit for fighting, or is it absolute rubbish? Please, tell me.

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
Your team seems very good I don't know why you even bothered posting ^_^
One thing I would like to suggest though is either changing dragonite's set or replacing it with Tornadus, it does what your trying to do with dragonite( minus the Thunder ) better your team is quite bullky and tornadus would add some well needed power depending on what set you decide to run its hurricane can tear through almost everything, dragonite would be better suited using a DDance waterfall set, if your still convinced you want to keep the special attacking Dragonite please find room for draco meteor its the only niche it has.
PROTECT that politoed if it goes down you lose the weather war and its game over, good luck ^_^

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2013
If you can rebreed politoed do so.
The metagame these days is so much more about defence.
My politoed is calm.
200 hp / 120 def / 100 spatk / 88 spdef

Protect
Helping hand
Ice beam
Surf

I use it a lot combined with storm drain gastrodon. It works really well for me.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If you can rebreed politoed do so.
The metagame these days is so much more about defence.
My politoed is calm.
200 hp / 120 def / 100 spatk / 88 spdef

Protect
Helping hand
Ice beam
Surf

I use it a lot combined with storm drain gastrodon. It works really well for me.

This Politoed variant is only meant for doubles. This is a singles team. Also, where'd you get your EVs from if you don't mind my asking?

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2013
I've found weather teams to be ineffective for singles battles, but that's just me.
The politoed set I have is able to be modified for singles though, it's only helping hand that changes. I've found perish song to be a good option, and toxic is another.

Surf > hydro pump in almost all cases from my experience.

As for the evs, do you mean where did I get the spread from?
I made it up. As I do with all my ev spreads.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Another thought for a rain team is a swift swimmer instead of Gengar, although he is pretty fast you will always attack first with swift swim unless the opponent has stat boosts

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Another thought for a rain team is a swift swimmer instead of Gengar, although he is pretty fast you will always attack first with swift swim unless the opponent has stat boosts

Except that Swift Swim + Drizzle is banned in OU play. If you want a Swift Swimmer, you have to make do with manual Rain Dance.

Back