• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Potential Poké Transfer Upgrade

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
Years
I was using the Poké Transfer on Route 15 today (a typical event for me) and made a connection relevant to Black 2 and White 2 that previously escaped me. The main scientist at the lab (the one who conducts the transfers personally) always says something along the lines of "the machine is nearly complete" or something like that. At any rate, he makes it abundantly clear that the Poké Transfer system is not yet perfected.

"But how could that be?" my past self wondered, "Poké Transfer does everything the Pal Park did last Gen." Then I caught myself. As you, the reader, likely know, we are unable to transfer Pokémon that are holding held items as of this moment. Perhaps that improvement the scientist was insinuating is the ability to transfer items. Which means, after 2 years, that scientist should have finished with that improvement, allowing us to transfer all of those items that previously went nontransferable. As almost all the Event berries have gone unreleased so far, this would be a warmly welcomed upgrade.

There is but one complication that I see: the impossibility of the transfer of TMs. Due to the perpetual nature of TMs in the 5th Gen and the absence of certain TMs from the 4th Gen, it wouldn't make sense that TMs could be transferred. However, that is hardly a problem at all: rather than allowing no Pokemon who hold an item to be transferred, the game can be designed so no Pokemon holding a TM can be transferred, while the rest are free to go.

So what are your opinions? Do you care if items will be able to be transferred? Do you agree with my logic? Discuss.

Last edited:

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Well, as you said, transferring items would be nice.
And, POSSIBLY, THE GREATEST ADDITION TO TRANSFERRING POKEMON EVER!

Not having to play a mind-numbingly boring minigame!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd sorta wanna see that just so that people stop complaining. Might make the games a little easy with so many master balls though in post game from your older games! And as the above said with Soul Dew, that's... annoying. XD; While I don't really play OU rn, I used to use Latios a bit and if it gets placed ubers that'd be disappointing. :(

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
YES. PLEASE. It's not about bringing over tons of Master Balls (since they suck anyway! Dive/Luxury balls ftw), but all of the other items that you have to work to get! u_u Like for example, the power items (Choice Scarf, Choice Band, etc.) and honestly I don't see why they should exclude TMs from being transferred too. There's some that cost a lot of money so why not waste whatever money we have in Black and White and trade 'em over to these games? 8D

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I agree with Kaori, it'll make some items such as the evolutionary items easier to get, rather than wait a day for the guy in route 13 to give it to you, or try again if he doesn't give you the one you need... Plus it'll make it easier to get a volt tackle Pichu breed in game.

Gargoss

Pokémon Professor
Years
Are we even sure that it's the Poké Transfer that's going to be upgraded?
I doubt that the Relocator technology based in Castelia City is going to be completely neglected or removed...

Perhaps the two developers could have synergised their tech, maybe even with the guy in Opelucid City trying to make a parallel-dimension window?

If the Poké Transfer system were moved to Castelia or Opelucid, there would be extra room for the inevitable Battle Frontier variant likely to be in these games.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They never allow item transfer between two different timeline games due to inconsistencies between games. Sometimes item codes change, sometimes Items change themselves. Same reason HMs are blocked when transfering. The coding for them may be the reason they are prevented.

I'm kinda-sorta hoping that B2W2's transfer system, if its an upgraded one, can transfer straight from Gen 3 games as well instead of double transferring ~

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
Years
First off, Gargoss, what you said sounded fantastic to me. I didn't think much beyond the seemingly hinting comment that the quirky scientist made. I like the critical thinking.

Secondly, XanderO, I don't really understand what you're saying. We could transfer items from Gen III Hoenn or Kanto games to Gen IV Sinnoh or Johto games with the Pal Park (something that I mentioned in the original post).

HMs, like Key Items, can never be held items. Hence, they could not be transferred.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
They never allow item transfer between two different timeline games due to inconsistencies between games. Sometimes item codes change, sometimes Items change themselves. Same reason HMs are blocked when transfering. The coding for them may be the reason they are prevented.
The fact that the item codes are different isn't the problem, the workaround for that is quite easy. I think Gamefreak just decided to cut us off for whatever reason. Also Pokémon that know HMs cannot be transfered because there is a possibility that someone could get stuck somewhere if that Pokémon were transfered. For example: transferring your only surf capable Pokémon when you're on an island like Cianwood city and have no means to capture another would be a way to get stuck.

HMs, like Key Items, can never be held items. Hence, they could not be transferred.

He was likely referring to HM moves, since Pokémon that know HMs cannot be transferred. I honestly think that B2W2 should allow you to transfer them as long as you have another Pokémon who knows that move somewhere in your box. That way, I could get my hard earned Surfchus and Flychus onto my 5th gen games.

Years
The possibility to transfer items would be really great. To me mainly because then I can transfer the evolution item I need instead of maybe have to wait a couple of weeks for the guy on route 13 to give away the item I want.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I just hope you can trasfer pokemon from BW to BW2 without having to trade them. I have about 200 pokemon on White Version, and I don't want to have to catch 200 pidoves or patrats to trade them all over to White2 :O

Back