• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Favourite Gen 7 Pokemon

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I don't know if we already have a thread for favourite Gen 7 Pokemon, so I decided to make one.

Anyways, with all the other gens done, only the Gen 7 Pokemon remain to be ranked.

S Rank (Absolute favourite):
Spoiler:

A Rank (Love):
Spoiler:

B Rank (Really like):
Spoiler:

C Rank (Like):
Spoiler:

D Rank (Meh):
Spoiler:

E Rank (Dislike):
Spoiler:

F Rank (Hate):
Spoiler:

And if we're gonna count Alola forms as Gen 7 Pokemon, I'd rank them like this:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Litten and Torracat are really cool, but I really like the Jangmo-o and its line, I think they're the best dragons in a while tbh, so they're definitely up there.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Tapu Koko, Incineroar Line, Turtonator and Solgaleo personally.

Actually all the Legendaries come to think of it. They did a stellar job this time round (exception being Necrozma, who is good not 'great')

I also kind of like Shiinotic and Lurantis and Dewpider.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
My favourite Gen 7 Pokemon are Decidueye, Litten, Toucannon, Rockruff line, Salandit line, Stufful, Type: Null line, Mimikyu, Drampa, Jangmo-O line, Lunala and Kartana.

If Alolan forms count as new Pokemon, my favourites are Raichu, Ninetales and Marowak.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Right now I really like Tapu Lele; she looks so adorable! Plus it's really strong with its Psychic-type moves thanks to Psychic-Terrain. I think Lycanroc and Tsureena are pretty cool Pokemon too! I loved using them during the Sun run. <33

blue

gucci
Years
Araquanid is my top favourite of Gen VII. Initially it was based off design, but when it came round to using it on my team it turned out to be such a valuable asset!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
I don't know if we already have a thread for favourite Gen 7 Pokemon, so I decided to make one.

Anyways, with all the other gens done, only the Gen 7 Pokemon remain to be ranked.

S Rank (Absolute favourite):
Spoiler:

A Rank (Love):
Spoiler:

B Rank (Really like):
Spoiler:

C Rank (Like):
Spoiler:

D Rank (Meh):
Spoiler:

E Rank (Dislike):
Spoiler:

F Rank (Hate):
Spoiler:

And if we're gonna count Alola forms as Gen 7 Pokemon, I'd rank them like this:
Spoiler:

HOW DARE YOU HATE ON CHARJABUG

Aside from Charjabug, which is actually my most favorite Pokémon of all time, Steenee, Mimikyu, Pyukumuku, and Alolan Exeggutor are some of my most favorites this generation.

smocks

fiat lux
Years
currently loving Alola Ninetales to death but otherwise Tsareena takes the cake.

s/o to Ribombee & Lycanroc! also, I've been wanting to try out Toxapex

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
Years
Bewear, Decidueye, Mudsdale, and Minior are my favorites. They ended up being very valuable in my team, especially Mudsdale!

If we're going to count Ultra Beasts, legendaries, and Alolan forms, I would have to go with Kartana, Solgaleo, and Alolan Ninetails. I'm not going to lie, the only reason why Solgaleo is on this list is because of the main story.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Well, I still think Primarina is badass, but since then I've grown to like more gen7 mons from using them in my playthrough, particularly Palossand and Araquanid. Araquanid especially, it's really tanky and the one I had could hit for decent damage as well. I also think it's design is really cool.

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
my favs from alola atm are lurantis, lycanroc, komala, and silvally! also very in love w/ magearna, but so is everyone :' )

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2021
I love me some giant fluffy panda bears, so maybe Bewear. Though there's tons of good ones this time! :D

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
my absolute favorite is definitely mimikyu. i loved it from the moment i saw it! then that song about it came out and ... ;o; i fell even more in love. it's just so cute and misunderstood. litten is a close second, though!

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
Years
There are a handful of contenders for me here, but I'd have to say my Vikavolt is the MVP of Gen 7. It's such a boss and it's Bug too!

Alola brought some fierce Bug power.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen May 22, 2017
hm...now, for me, its hard to say at this point. I'd maybe choose comfey or golisopod as my favorite gen7 poke. I may love decidueye the most when i get my competative one rolled....if its tactic works...

Years
Alolan Marowak, Toxapex, Mimikyu, Alolan Ninetales, Magearna... I'm really quite fond of this gen. I love Xurkitree's design but haven't had much luck battling with it unfortunately.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Lycanroc-Midday and Tsareena take the cake for me. It's been 16 years of Pokemon for me and Lycanro and Tsareena are on the verge of being my first ever lvl 100 Pokemon. Just to give some context to my love for those two.

Alolan Muk was lowkey my X-factor though

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I have quite a few favourites, actually.

Tapu Fini - It's pretty and it works well in battle as a helper to the rest of the team.
Magearna - Its concept as a mechanical Pokemon is also very interesting, and I love its appearance as this clockwork, princess-like Pokemon.
Golisopod - As soon as I heard Guzma's theme and saw him toss this Pokemon out, I fell in love instantly. It looks so menacing, and it has an amazing move in First Impression. I just love Bug types now, after them being so bad for so many generations, so long as we ignore Scizor's existence in Gen 2.
Mimikyu - I like it just because of Disguise giving it a free turn and it hating Pikachu. Next.
Pheromosa - SO FAST, SO STRONG. As soon as Gen 7 competitive started up, I spammed this thing a bunch and loved every minute of it. It's probably the most fun Pokemon I've used this generation thus far.
Nihilego - The plot importance it had, along with its cute(?) looks, earned it a spot as one of my favourites as well. Its typing is also amazing; Rock/Poison's never been a thing before, and Nihilego does it very well.

Back