• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Nina's Art and Development

Years
General Art
[FONT=Droid Sans, Helvetica, Verdana]

Warning!
[/font]​
Spoiler:

Game Development Art
If available, you can check out these games on my itch.io in my signature.

Dream Hop
7f5ObOm.gif
r1tHUPt.gif

Valkrie's Quest Unfinished
vMkWMDe.gif

Untitled
TUvMqPQ.gif
dQGbE8E.gif

Unfinished Electric Clicker
RCJSilD.gif

Last edited:
Years
I like your use of limited palettes. It inspires me to make something with colour restrictions. What's your explanation of your choice to make your pieces, or the majority of your showcase here, with colour restrictions?

Years
good to see you around again :)

your pixels are great, i love how you manage to use limited amounts of colors in creating something aesthetically pleasing!
i think my favourite so far is the lightning bolt. simple, yet bold in it's execution.

Years
I like your use of limited palettes. It inspires me to make something with colour restrictions. What's your explanation of your choice to make your pieces, or the majority of your showcase here, with colour restrictions?

good to see you around again :)

your pixels are great, i love how you manage to use limited amounts of colors in creating something aesthetically pleasing!
i think my favourite so far is the lightning bolt. simple, yet bold in it's execution.

Most of these projects are for game jams, so I only have 3 days to a week to create art while also programming myself, so I chose to go with a smaller palette that I find easier, besides liking the look. For time's sake I also reused tilesets between the games to start with, so that also dictates the style and limitation. (and the one that wasn't me as the only programmer had a 3 color limitation) The electric one was a week long one and was going to be all UI and that screen only, so I could afford to make higher quality sprites.

Last edited:
Years
71n67jE.gif

Finished it. I spent a lot of time on art which is unfortunate because the actual gameplay is lacking. Check it out on itch.io in my signature.

Last edited:
Years
I didn't do all the art (credits to my friend Template88), but I did the programming for this next one "Delver". Did it in a week, and it's also gameboy themed not just because I like it! The theme was Gameboy!

5McWhl5.gif

Last edited:
Years
have no idea what I want to do with this, but I'm moving up to GBA like graphics and trying to trick myself into drawing again
qY34Sj1.gif

5oyYhCr.png

Last edited:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
These are all really good! I love the use of the more minor facial features like the eyebrows to really sell the emotions in the faces.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Oooh the webpage looks great! I love the layout! And of course your commission looks great too. I really like how you did the hair in this one.

Years
tm7m7HZ.gif

https://misnina.github.io/nina-resume/

I've started a few projects and been experimenting so nothing solid to show, other than I did a resume with different theme styles! I need to learn more about doing animations and getting stuff to line up a little better thou. This was was also using React!

Last edited:
Back