• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When is Sun and Moon UA going to end???

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Mar 2, 2019
I mean jeez, it's been a long series, but when is the next season coming? Also, does anyone have any hints of what it will be called? I'd like to see what you guys think. Please comment down below what you think it will be called. Thanks! : )

Edit: Thanks for all of the replies! It gives me so much of a better outlook!

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I mean jeez, it's been a long series, but when is the next season coming? Also, does anyone have any hints of what it will be called? I'd like to see what you guys think. Please comment down below what you think it will be called. Thanks! : )

Referring to the English Dub I take it? Not to burst your bubble but the English Dub is up to Episode 86 as of tomorrow. Factoring in the fact they didn't air Episode 64, the 2nd Season of Sun&Moon(aka Season 21) has been going for 42 Episodes. 86 - 43(number of Episodes in Season 20) - 1(Episode 64 that was unaired) = 42 Episodes. Typically, an English Season can range anywhere from 34(Sinnoh League Victors/Season 13) to as many as 80 or so(Indigo League). Typical average is about 50 or so. If I had to estimate as to when the current English Season will end, it'd be after Episode 90 where a big arc finishes up. At that point it'd have gone 46 Episodes. Another possibility is them repeating Season 20 by having Brock and Misty signify the end of the Season. If that is the case, the English Dub would end after Episode 103, or after 59 Episodes had aired. Its a bit much I'll admit but would make considerable sense.

No idea as to what Season 22 will be called whenever it starts.

Last edited:

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Except it to last until at least late 2019. By then the generation 8 games will be announced and published for us. Meaning the anime will most likely also adopt to it and began to transition into that finishing stage.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Except it to last until at least late 2019. By then the generation 8 games will be announced and published for us. Meaning the anime will most likely also adopt to it and began to transition into that finishing stage.

That's assuming of course that they don't just cancel the show due to bad ratings. And don't think that there being a Generation 8 makes the Pokémon anime exempt from cancellation or ending on their own terms. We're still getting Mario, Zelda, Sonic, and even Mega Man games as of late, and that was DESPITE the fact that their TV show adaptations have ended long ago (in fact, Mario hasn't had a TV series adaptation since Super Mario World). For all we know, they'll probably just have Ash win the Alola league and call it quits.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
That's assuming of course that they don't just cancel the show due to bad ratings. And don't think that there being a Generation 8 makes the Pokémon anime exempt from cancellation or ending on their own terms. We're still getting Mario, Zelda, Sonic, and even Mega Man games as of late, and that was DESPITE the fact that their TV show adaptations have ended long ago (in fact, Mario hasn't had a TV series adaptation since Super Mario World). For all we know, they'll probably just have Ash win the Alola league and call it quits.

As far as I know, Sun and Moon is being praised, at least the first season was, even though I don't personally like it. If they haven't canceled yet, they probably won't. There will always be some type of fanbase enough to get going. People who liked Kalos don't like Alola and people who like Alola didn't like Kalos.

Anyway, anime sagas always tend to last for around 3 years. In Japan, Alola Saga will end at the end of this year while in USA, it will probably go till about January of 2020 if we don't get a large marathon to catch up. By the Gen 8 games will be out and we will have Gen 8 Promos.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Actually there's a possibility it may have just ended with the latest episode 'I Choose Paradise'

The reason I say this is because my cable guide is not showing a new episode for next week so it may once again finally be on another 'way to long' hiatus.

My expectation on if it is on hiatus is that it won't come back until the Spring.

More than likely March, April, or possibly May.

:irate-stare:

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
As far as I know, Sun and Moon is being praised, at least the first season was, even though I don't personally like it. If they haven't canceled yet, they probably won't. There will always be some type of fanbase enough to get going. People who liked Kalos don't like Alola and people who like Alola didn't like Kalos.

Anyway, anime sagas always tend to last for around 3 years. In Japan, Alola Saga will end at the end of this year while in USA, it will probably go till about January of 2020 if we don't get a large marathon to catch up. By the Gen 8 games will be out and we will have Gen 8 Promos.

All the praise in the world won't mean one iota when the ratings are down in the tubes (and let's face it, going by the TV ratings, SM has even WORSE ratings than XY, at least, it did last I checked). People also praised Brokeback Mountain, yet it was a bomb at the box office. And quite frankly, we can at least confirm it will end by 2019 since the eighth generation's due for announcement, unless Pokémon Company ends up delaying for whatever reason.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Actually there's a possibility it may have just ended with the latest episode 'I Choose Paradise'

The reason I say this is because my cable guide is not showing a new episode for next week so it may once again finally be on another 'way to long' hiatus.

My expectation on if it is on hiatus is that it won't come back until the Spring.

More than likely March, April, or possibly May.

Hmm haven't confirmed that but Bulbapedia and other sources have the upcoming Necrozma arc slated to air over the next four weeks. In fact Bulbapedia has it up to Episode 92 with regards to air dates(if that is anything to go by). Based on this:TV schedule for Disney XD on 1/19, it shows Episode 87 or the first Necrozma arc Episode.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Aren't the subs already at like episode 103?

Japanese Dub just aired Episode 104(today). Haven't seen it yet but English Dub has a long way to go to even reach 90, much less 103. Something tells me they may air Episodes as normal until 103 since it'd last them until the middle of May(May 11th if my math is correct), wherein they'd go on Summer hiatus before picking it back up again later that Summer/Fall. I could be wrong though but the SuMo anime doesn't have much longer to go when they're advancing to Poni Island finally. Heck Plumeria finally makes an appearance if memory serves me correctly.

Years
the show is still airing. i expect it to end soon if they follow the games. but if we're actually gonna wait for the alola league to be set up and for ash to challenge it, then we would be looking towards a longer airing time. statistically, the anime is doing bad. but the broadcaster is said to be not worried at all about this fact since the anime has apparently been through worse.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Typically a League will last 5-10 Episodes, give or take a few depending upon the number of "rivals" and rounds and what outcome the writers want. Seeing as I've seen info on Episodes up to 108, I can only estimate that Poni Island and the final challenge will conclude sometime around Episode 112, at most Episode 115. There will likely be a Team Skull Arc with Plumeria having just been introduced and Guzma hasn't even shown himself yet. For all we know he opts to enter the Tournament along with Plumeria(who challenge you for the title in the games if memory serves). Figure a Team Skull arc would be ~5 Episodes. Plus there may be Rainbow Rocket if they want to go the Ultra SuMo route for another 5. Adding all that up, I wouldn't be surprised if Sun and Moon is done by Episode 130 or so. It wouldn't be the shortest series to date(that honor belongs to Orange Islands with Kalos as the next shortest at 140 Episodes) but for a major region, it would take the title, albeit barely.

It wouldn't be surprising if they try to milk another 10 Episodes out of the series just to match Kalos. It'd be an embarrassment if they did since Unova was done by Episode 122(last 20 or so were filler).

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Typically a League will last 5-10 Episodes, give or take a few depending upon the number of "rivals" and rounds and what outcome the writers want. Seeing as I've seen info on Episodes up to 108, I can only estimate that Poni Island and the final challenge will conclude sometime around Episode 112, at most Episode 115. There will likely be a Team Skull Arc with Plumeria having just been introduced and Guzma hasn't even shown himself yet. For all we know he opts to enter the Tournament along with Plumeria(who challenge you for the title in the games if memory serves). Figure a Team Skull arc would be ~5 Episodes. Plus there may be Rainbow Rocket if they want to go the Ultra SuMo route for another 5. Adding all that up, I wouldn't be surprised if Sun and Moon is done by Episode 130 or so. It wouldn't be the shortest series to date(that honor belongs to Orange Islands with Kalos as the next shortest at 140 Episodes) but for a major region, it would take the title, albeit barely.

It wouldn't be surprising if they try to milk another 10 Episodes out of the series just to match Kalos. It'd be an embarrassment if they did since Unova was done by Episode 122(last 20 or so were filler).

Yeah, no kidding, especially not if Ash is made to lose the league yet again, which would be even MORE embarrassing than with Kalos since this would have been Alola's first league. I don't even know why the writers insisted on having Ash lose Kalos. I mean, even they had to know Alola didn't even have gyms. Had it been me in the writers shoes, Alola not having gyms would have been my reason to have Ash actually WIN a league for once.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
It's only lasted a little over two years; how is that long? By comparison, BW and XY lasted three years each, and DP lasted four.

To be fair, BW and XY at least had eight gyms to contend with (and in the case of DP, gyms and contests), while we had only four trial captains. I'm sorry, but they should have been long done with the trial captains by now.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
So I was wrong (obviously)

Honestly though... there not being a hiatus is unbelievably bizarre and it worries me that there's going to be a hiatus at some point and it'll be the longest hiatus yet.

Years
I am thinking about how long this episode is going to end. But for my prediction, it could end around with 201 episdoes, with the final episode revolving Ash and his friends gradurating and throwing an graduration party, then have an deep emotional farewell. And at the end, when he returns to Kanto, and visit his home, he would have an welcome suprise party of Delia, Brock, Misty and Tracey Sketch, and celebrate Ash on gradurating the school and doing his great achievement.

Also, another thing that would involve around Lillie going to Sinnoh so that she could learn more about Pokemon outside of Alola.

The Final Episode Title in Japanese would be like this: "It's A Graduration Time! Until We Meet Again!".

The Pokemon SM does not have an similair concept to that of Diamond and Pearl, but it could surpass it for being the longest running Pokemon anime saga of all time. :)

(sorry for my poor English)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
SuMo is not going to beat DP or any other series for longest running. Episode 109 is the Poni Grand Trial, which is earlier than I thought. They're adding a 2 Episode arc involving Meltan or the new Pokemon they released awhile back that will take us to Episode 112. All we have left is Alolan League and Team Skull(with Guzma having not even entered the scene). Even 20 Episodes for all of that would put right around where I projected SuMo to end or 130 mark. XY/XYZ was 140 so it wouldn't be a stretch if they push it to that with more filler.

As for when the current English season will end, I think it'll be after Episode 103, giving the season 59 Episodes(since they didn't air Episode 64).

Last edited:
Years
SuMo is not going to beat DP or any other series for longest running. Episode 109 is the Poni Grand Trial, which is earlier than I thought. They're adding a 2 Episode arc involving Meltan or the new Pokemon they released awhile back that will take us to Episode 112. All we have left is Alolan League and Team Skull(with Guzma having not even entered the scene). Even 20 Episodes for all of that would put right around where I projected SuMo to end or 130 mark. XY/XYZ was 140 so it wouldn't be a stretch if they push it to that with more filler.

As for when the current English season will end, I think it'll be after Episode 103, giving the season 59 Episodes(since they didn't air Episode 64).

Why not, the total of Episode 201 would be best choice for the anime after all. I think its the perfect choice. Also, the Episode 111 and 117 will focus dealing with Meltan. While the Episode 118 and episode 128 will have an original story, and episode 129 to episode 152 will focuses on Team Skull. And the episod 153 to 166 will focuses on Ash and his friends participating on Alolan Leage. And Episode 167 and 168 will focuses on Ash and his friends gradrating and parting ways, with Lillie going on Sinnoh to learn more about Pokemon that are not from Aloan Variant.

I am not even sure how it will end?

Also, it would be great to feature Guzma in the anime as well, he could be voiced by Yoshihisa Kawahara, i think its the perfect choice for him. :)

(sorry for my poor English)

Last edited:

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
Years
I hope they don't ever make the series in 3D( Like the new movie not detectice pika)

For next new season i think maybe
Pokemon Light& Darkness ( for a future hint of black whitr remakes or something)

Or how about

Pokemon Past&future ( or something related like best wishes, with the return of Ash old pokemon who he promised to see again but never did)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Eh 3D CGI isn't all bad. Some Animated series used it to great effect and were quite popular during their time. Shows such as Reboot or Code Lyoko come to mind along with Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels. As for the Anime overall, its going to go from SuMo to whatever Generation 8 happens to be. Whether Ash is the male protagonist is the question to ask(which may hinge on outcome of Alolan League). Episode 91 or the Pikachu Episode just aired this past Saturday. 92 is slated to air next weekend. I haven't seen evidence as to when Episode 93 will air so if the current Season stops at 92, that will be 48 Episodes for the current season(Season 21).

Back