• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Town and City Names

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Unlike Johto and Kanto, most of Hoenn's towns and cities are made up of two words put together, such as 'Slate Port', 'Lily Cove', 'Verdant Turf', etc. What did you think of this naming theme? What city or town name did you like the best? Would you have preferred a colour or plant naming theme used previously?

Discuss

Spr_3r_324.png

So smokey~

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
I think they fit with the region. They all match the terrain of the area and they all just look right, like Slateport (port for ships, slate colored town) and Lavaridge (next to the mountain ridge and volcano or whatever.) But a certain town, Fallarbor, really, REALLY confused me for the longest time. I eventually realized recently it was a combination of Fall + Arbor, but I had always seen it as Fallar + Bor or Bror. It didn't make any sense.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
They all have a unique feeling and all of them fit in with the Hoenn region. Kanto's names felt more like Game Freak just picked a random theme (colours, I believe) and said "Ah screw it, no-one's gonna play this anyway".

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
When you look at it closely, you'll hit realisation like a bolt of lightning.

Like, they're all based on plants and Sea life.

For example :
Little Root - A small root, marks the beginning of a plant, or in this case, our journey.
Old Ale - Old town, used to be famous; not so big now.
Petal Burg - Thriving little town, with a few attractions.

Get me? That way, find Ever Grande and Lily Cove too, and you'll know.

What I think about it... it's been marked good, no, best. No stupid colour theme here, and D/P used it too, like Twin Leaf... anyway, this stuff is great, and no other theme would best this. Because It's got that indescribable feeling that will truly move you.

JustChillin810

xX_ElectricPikachu_Xx
Years
I liked Pacificlog's name but also the town itself is really cool with all the corsola and the guy who can tell you about Mirage Island.

Back