• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga What are you currently reading?

Years
This thread is the revival of the manga and light novel counterpart to the "What Anime are you currently watching?" thread.

So, what have you been reading lately?

I've been reading Pokemon Special/Adventures in the DP arc.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I bought volume 1 of Bloom Into You last week because I liked the cover art. *_* Currently reading that.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
Reading the translated Rise of the shield hero VN... and bought Saekano vol 7.

Wish Rise of the Shield Hero gets adapted into an Anime :D

Years
Chewing my way through the 4th volume of Pokemon Adventures DPPt right now. Hoping to be through to the HGSS arc by the end of the month.

I bought volume 1 of Bloom Into You last week because I liked the cover art. *_* Currently reading that.

How is Bloom Into You?

Reading the translated Rise of the shield hero VN... and bought Saekano vol 7.

Wish Rise of the Shield Hero gets adapted into an Anime :D

Saekano LN or manga?

I've heard quite a bit of praise for Rise of the Shield Hero in various places. Is it legit good?

CidHazard

Years
Saekano LN or manga?

I've heard quite a bit of praise for Rise of the Shield Hero in various places. Is it legit good?

LN just finished vol 6 waiting for vol 7 XD

Shield Hero doesn't describe their world well in detail... it's more mechanical. MC is a great twist of the "trapped in a fantasy world" hero. The characters are charming, but the novel itself can be quite harsh. If you don't mind the story telling... I'd say give it a read.

Years
Boku no Hero Academia. Getting through a few chapters a day since it's long, and am on uh.. -checks- ..ch69 right now. I wanna catch up with the manga and see what I missed! Getting really into the series.

Years
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders.

I've got a long way to catch up with JoJo. Looking forward to at least eventually getting to Part 7: Steel Ball Run.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I just got back from Barnes and Noble with Vol. 2 of Bloom Into You. I'm looking forward to diving into it later today. Can't have enough yuri manga, and this one's pretty cute if a bit slow paced at the moment.

Years
LN just finished vol 6 waiting for vol 7 XD

Shield Hero doesn't describe their world well in detail... it's more mechanical. MC is a great twist of the "trapped in a fantasy world" hero. The characters are charming, but the novel itself can be quite harsh. If you don't mind the story telling... I'd say give it a read.

Wait, which language? English?

I got to chapter 2 and so far it's okay! Doesn't have the wow-factor some other yuri have for me but maybe it has yet to happen.

Huh. Might have to consider picking it up at some point.

I just got back from Barnes and Noble with Vol. 2 of Bloom Into You. I'm looking forward to diving into it later today. Can't have enough yuri manga, and this one's pretty cute if a bit slow paced at the moment.

I like slow-paced cute stuff, myself. Helps me relax, haha.

CidHazard

Years
Wait, which language? English?

Saekano vol 1 - 6 can be bought on amazon and on the Google store they're translated to English.

As for Rise of the Shield Hero, there's a complete Fan-translation of all the LN's floating in the internet... just do a google search for it.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
I finished In Another World with My Smartphone' light novel a few days ago. I can hardly recommend it unless you're looking for something ridiculously generic.

I should catch up with Re:Life webmanga as well, but not in the mood for reading manga lately.

Years
I just got through the 6th volume of the Pokemon Adventures DPPt manga.

Saekano vol 1 - 6 can be bought on amazon and on the Google store they're translated to English.

As for Rise of the Shield Hero, there's a complete Fan-translation of all the LN's floating in the internet... just do a google search for it.

Didn't realize Saekano was that far along already in English holy crap.

I finished In Another World with My Smartphone' light novel a few days ago. I can hardly recommend it unless you're looking for something ridiculously generic.

I should catch up with Re:Life webmanga as well, but not in the mood for reading manga lately.

If I had less to read, I'd probably be up for something ridiculously generic.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
Years
If I had less to read, I'd probably be up for something ridiculously generic.

It wasn't particularly boring. An anime adaptation is on the works, it might work better as anime than a light novel.

I should catch up with Fairy Tail, since it will end soon. I don't even remember when was the last time I was "up to date" lmao.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I read One Piece every week. Besides that I'm catching up to Akatsuki no Yona, which I started earlier this year. I'm also looking for ideas for more shoujo manga.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Hmm, I'm open to most genres besides ecchi, but I tend to stray towards fantasy and magical series. And I think I'm starting to like reverse harems, which is what Akatsuki no Yona is.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 5, 2017
just got round to mugen spiral 1, like it so far. finished the first four volumes of irregular at magic high school before that.

Back