• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Detective Pikachu] Detective Pikachu

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I don't know about you but Ryan Reynolds has done more for this movie in a few videos than Disney has for MCU. End Game may ultimately get more box office cash but in terms of bang for buck, I think Detective Pikachu is going to beat it. This latest trailer is why... perfect song choice and everything.

PS: If your heart doesn't melt from the Kanto starters, you have no soul.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
all the kanto starters in this trailer are ADORABLE ❤

you know, I was kinda skeptical of this movie at first but the more trailers I see the more I'm starting to get kinda hyped for it myself. :O

Years
I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about Detective Pikachu, because it doesn't seem like a Pokemon movie, but more like a movie featuring Pokemon. Hoping I'm completely wrong though.

Either way, I hope that it ends up being successful, so that it isn't just a one-off, and that we can see more big budget Pokemon movies down the line.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I am so excited for it. I am happy they are including Pokemon from other generations as well and not just the recognizable gen 1 Pokemon like Charizard and Gyarados.

Last edited:
Years
Plus jigglypuff looks like a prostitute.

Sure, you're free to have whatever opinion you want but...

yAD1Vfw.png

... are you sure prostitute is the right word, here lol?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
You do know Ryan Reynolds isn't exclusively Deadpool. He did other movies that weren't R-Rated and just because Deadpool happens to be popular doesn't mean he should be shackled to it when people bring his name up. I mean I don't think of Star Wars when I think of Carrie Fisher(she did Blue's Brothers too and that movie was great). Mark Hamill may be known for Star Wars but the guy has been an awesome voice actor and do I even have to mention Harrison Ford? The key for this movie isn't the Pokemon CGI(which I find to be above average, if not outright decent), or Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu(who adds in much needed comedic flair) but Justice Smith. If he doesn't come across as decent, the whole movie flops despite the fact that the rest of the cast is really, really good.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I can't wait to see this movie. I know me and a bunch of people from work are all going out to see it together.

Years
Was quite unsure at first but I'm much more excited to see this now. Pikachu looks adorable, and I adored the Detective Pikachu 3DS game. Trailers have been rly good so far too. Probably going to see it in theaters around when it comes out!

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
IT WAS SOOOO GOOD

I was iffy and thought it would be dumb, but from start to finish it was a really cool, immersive, Pokémon world that I would pay to see another movie for.

An open world Pokémon game with that much detail would be cool, too!

Very good movie! <3

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Overall I enjoyed it! Good worldbuilding, visuals were nice; it just needed better execution on the story and better support from some of the other actors. Female lead for instance was kinda... meh? Overacted/didn't act the part very well, seemed on a different wavelength to everyone else. The detective friend to the dad (Japanese guy) was also underused.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I loved it tbh! I didn't have high hopes for the plot or anything, but I definitely wanted to see some "realistic" Pokémon in action, and this didn't disappoint at all. I wasn't super into the plot as I expected, but it was definitely not a bad story by any means at all, I just mean that as in I was more excited to see more Pokémon on screen and the funny, quirky scenes with them than I was to learn about the big mystery or what happened to Tim's dad. Overall a really fun movie with great visuals. I hope they do more with the Ryme region!

Back