• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seth MacFarlane gets go-ahead to restart Flintstones TV Show

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I don't think he will. I've seen a few interviews with the guy and he seemed like a true animation fan. It won't be Family Guy version 4.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
MacFarlane is an animation nerd. I have hope that he'll respect the series and it won't end up like the Yogi series that was made by the Ren & Stimpy team.

But at the same time... if this is going to end up on FOX primetime, welll....

Years
As much as Family Guy and American Dad make me laugh, I don't wanna see it change into the same mold a lot of animations are following. I'm not a fan of the show from the originals but it's definitely a well recognized family friendly show that I don't think should be tampered with.

Darthrai

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 22, 2016
MacFarlane is an animation nerd. I have hope that he'll respect the series and it won't end up like the Yogi series that was made by the Ren & Stimpy team.

But at the same time... if this is going to end up on FOX primetime, welll....

Hey Wilma! Remember the time (insert prehistoric expy of well-known celebrity) got involved in that scandal with (insert prehistoric expy of a Republican Seth doesn't like) and ended up with a coma? Rubblepublicans are so retarded! Not like Paleocrats who are geniuses and get to be groomed and petted all day! Nyehehehehehehehehehehehe!

Now that I think of it... Dino will be able to talk, and will start out as the foil to the rest of the family until Seth starts using him as a liberal mouthpiece (now that he can't get away with using Brian as one anymore).

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
As much as Family Guy and American Dad make me laugh, I don't wanna see it change into the same mold a lot of animations are following. I'm not a fan of the show from the originals but it's definitely a well recognized family friendly show that I don't think should be tampered with.

I don't think it will be. He's restarting it, not re-doing it.

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
Years
I think Seth MacFarlane will stay true the the family oriented quality the show once was. He's really into the love of animation and seems to be a big Flintstones fan. But seeing how it will be on FOX, I'm not so sure if they'd want that and would want more of a mature theme, like the rest of their Sunday line-up.
I like MacFarlane, but I don't think there was any need to revive the show. The Flintstones has achieved icon status in pop culture and there's not much you can go or do with it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I might be alone here, but I really hope he does change it into something more Family-Guy-esque. I'm a modern boy, I don't really have a lot of respect for the classics, and I think The Flintstones would be great with that signature McFarlane bite. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Hey Wilma! Remember the time (insert prehistoric expy of well-known celebrity) got involved in that scandal with (insert prehistoric expy of a Republican Seth doesn't like) and ended up with a coma? Rubblepublicans are so retarded! Not like Paleocrats who are geniuses and get to be groomed and petted all day! Nyehehehehehehehehehehehe!

Now that I think of it... Dino will be able to talk, and will start out as the foil to the rest of the family until Seth starts using him as a liberal mouthpiece (now that he can't get away with using Brian as one anymore).

You joke, but I can honestly see this happening. Maybe not straight away, for fear of being lambasted by fans of the original and the PTC, but I envisage it slowly turning into Stone Age Family Guy, with Fred being Peter, Wilma being Lois, Barmey being Chris, Dino being Brian, and maybe some new personality for the Betty surrogate, as I can't imagine everyone hating her like they all hate Meg.

Back