• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

~Choose Wisely!~ [The Starter Pokemon Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
~Choose Wisely!~
The Starter Pokemon Fanclub!​
Owner: [supporter]Meganium90[/supporter] ★

why-pokemon-starters-matter-20110225052439347.jpg

Introduction ★

You are a trainer, getting ready to start your Pokemon journey for the very first time. You go to the Pokemon professor's laboratory, because he's expecting you...and he has a surprise for you. You're eager to get started. As the professor shows you a box and opens it, there were three Pokeballs inside, each containing one special Pokemon for you to start your journey with. He then tells you: "take your time and choose wisely."

Welcome to a club dedicated to Starter Pokemon! These are Pokemon you start with, but of course their growth depends on your wise decisions. These include, but not limited to: Starter Pokemon from Generations 1-6, as well as Starter Pokemon from the Anime, Pokemon Yellow, and the Spin-Off games, such as Pokemon XD and Mystery Dungeon. Talk about their evolutions, their influences in a trainer like you, as well as fangirl about their adorableness in general.

Rules ★

Before choosing your Pokemon, there are some rules to follow beforehand. A reminder that all PokeCommunity rules as well as Pokemon Clubs rules apply. You will be reported to Olli97 if you break any of them.

★~ Spamming is not cool, yo.
Avoid making stupid, annoying and pointless posts that don't contribute to the topics in discussion.

★~ Respect is a must in this club.
Respect other Pokemon trainers. No bashing, trolling, flaming, etc.

★~ Try to be active in this club!
A post a day can really help boost up the activity of the club. Of course, you won't be booted off the club if you go inactive, but it would really be helpful if you stick around. ;)

★~ Anyone can start a topic!
You do not have to wait for the owner to start a topic. When the previous topic is inactive, you are free to start a new one.

★~ Have fun!!
Yes, this is a rule you all must follow too.​

Partner Pokemon ★

You may choose ONE Pokemon to start your journey with. Because well...you can't start with two starters. :P

All Pokemon on this list include the Starters, their evolved forms, as well as any starters from the spin-off games.

Generation 1
Spoiler:

Generation 2
Spoiler:

Generation 3
Spoiler:

Generation 4
Spoiler:

Generation 5
Spoiler:

Generation 6
Spoiler:

Username:
Your Starter Pokemon:
Nickname: (optional)

(you must answer the current topic of discussion when joining the club, or you may add any additional info about the starter pokemon you chose IF there is no topic currently)​

Member list ★

[supporter]Meganium90[/supporter] - Meganium
[supporter]Avishka[/supporter] - Arcanine
Midnight-Umbreon - Pikachu
PichuRules4Eva - Pichu
unowen - Snivy
Oshamaru - Chespin
[supporter]Kitori[/supporter] - Vaporeon
Cirno - Chikorita
Shadowraze - Charmander
[supporter]Regeneration[/supporter] - Treecko
lmcde22 - Charmander
Olli97 - Chimchar
Nottingham - Bulbasaur
Classic Sonic - Espeon
Wind Heart - Glaceon
Pichu02 - Pichu
[supporter] ♪Twiggy♪[/supporter] - Axew
Treetwig - Munchlax
FiresomeLucia - Snivy
Giant Magikarp - Munchlax
Warship - Turtwig
miltankRancher - Infernape
Element0 - Bulbasaur
Tekxxstat84xp - Dewott
[supporter]synerjee[/supporter] - Cyndaquil

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Username: Avishka
Your Starter Pokemon: Arcanine ( it was so hard to choose..)
Nickname: Arc

My fave starter is Charmander because it's so cute and Charizard is awesoooome also it was my first Pokemon
I choose Arcanine bcuz it one of my fave pokemon and it's great at fighting imo

btw Meganium the sprite of Cubone is not coming a bracket is wrong

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome aboard, Avishka! And yes, I fixed that bracket. Me and my common coding mistakes! xD

I see you are starting off with an evolved Pokemon as well! Sweet! I understand that it's difficult to choose JUST ONE Pokemon (I know, it was hard when I was choosing mine! But I just love Meganium too much).

Charmander is also one of the most adorable starters of the first generation, alongside Squirtle. Look at its adorableness <3

tumblr_ml7lofbLIJ1r72ht7o1_500.gif

(just happened to come across this on tumblr :3)

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Welcome aboard, Avishka! And yes, I fixed that bracket. Me and my common coding mistakes! xD

I see you are starting off with an evolved Pokemon as well! Sweet! I understand that it's difficult to choose JUST ONE Pokemon (I know, it was hard when I was choosing mine! But I just love Meganium too much).

Charmander is also one of the most adorable starters of the first generation, alongside Squirtle. Look at its adorableness <3

tumblr_ml7lofbLIJ1r72ht7o1_500.gif

(just happened to come across this on tumblr :3)
xD

Yeah it was pretty hard I had to choose between Charizard or Arcanine...

Yeah gotta agree. Charmander and Squirtle are one of cutest Pokemon imo

halloween_charmander_shirt_by_fishmas-d4bxqzw.jpg

i just love the pic!! Charmander is so cute in the pic <333

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
Username: Midnight-Umbreon

Your Starter Pokemon: Pikachu!!!

Nickname: N/A

Does it count if I say Pikachu is my favourite starter???? Cuase Pikachu is the reson I love Pokemon, and when I got a gameboy coulor with Yellow I remember actually playing pokemon for the first time. I named my pikachu Pikacute, and I remember at least getting to Lavender town. And bear in mind I didn't know I thing about pokemon, I got a pikachu teddy 4 years ago which goes everywhere with me. And a couple of months ago I wore a pikachu hoodie to school :)

PichuRules4ever

The TF2 Pyro
Years
Username: PichuRules4ever
Your Starter Pokemon: Pichu
Nickname: Sparky

My favorite starter is Pichu because (as you can see), Pichu rules. He is super cute and awesome. He can even learn volt tackle which is also awesome. I always have a Pichu with me in any pokemon game i play (gen 2 and on). I also make sure he has Volt Tackle (gen 4 and on...lol). I never evolve him because hes just too cute to evolve. :t172:

Years
I joined the previous starter clubs so I'm gonna do it again!

Username: Hikari10
Your Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
Nickname: Hikari

My fave starter is obviously Oshawott, and I'm sure you all know by now. He's cute, badass, and such a versatile attacker able to run physical, special or mixed sets not to mention he's a SAMURAI OTTER! He's everything I wanted in a Pokemon, and I picked him in both my Black and Black 2 playthroughs.

unowen

The Wanderer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Username: unowen
Your Starter Pokemon: Snivy
Nickname:

I like Snivy the best. I like Snivy ever since I saw her in Pokemon anime. Her Attract has attracted me as well *slapped* I haven't fully played Pokemon Black-White 1 or 2 yet, but I know who to pick already.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Username: Oshamaru
Your Starter Pokemon: Chespin
Nickname: N/A

Sure, I like Oshawott, too, but ever since I saw this little guy, he caught my attention. I think he has potential, and, besides, maybe he is the long-lost brother of Oshawott! A knight hedgehog sounds like a good Pokémon...

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
Username: Kitori
Your Starter Pokemon: Vaporeon
Nickname: Valkyrie

I think vaporeon has always been my favorite pokemon~ I've always loved the water element as I grew up spending my entire late spring/summer/early fall in pools and at the lake. I envision myself as a water gym leader sometimes. xD I also love all of the gen 1 starters, especially Squirtle-Blastoise. ^_^

Years
Username: Cirno
Your Starter Pokemon: Chikorita

I just love Chikorita. Ever since I first saw it as a kid I knew it'd be my favorite starter, which is still true to this day. :3 Its evolved forms are amazing too but nothing beats Chikorita's adorableness!

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Username: Shadowraze
Your Starter Pokemon: Charmander
Nickname: Shadow

Well Charizard is one of my fav mon so I always pick Charmander anywhere as a starter. Plus it's somewhat cute and cool at the same time.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Wow! so many members joined!! :D

WELCOME TO THE CLUB GUYS!! :3

let's start a new topic
Which Starter looks the strongest in your opinion?

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years

If only judging by observation Charmander is the strongest for me.

But as for their final evo's I have to say Swampert.

Years
Username: Regeneration
Starter Pokemon: Treeko

★~ Respect is a must in this club.
Respect other Pokemon trainers. No bashing, trolling, flaming, etc.
Not even Ash? ;_; He's a n00b and you know it.

I assume the first form? Togepi. I'm not even kidding.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Wow, so many members joined! I was expecting a slow start to the group but wow! Glad to see everyone here joining the group, and welcome! & thanks Avishka for starting off with a new topic. I'll add everyone who joined on the list hopefully tonight since my computer lacks a wireless adapter and it's supposed to come today! (using my tablet right now)

To answer the current topic, in which I assume it's the first form of the starter? I would say Oshawott. You learn Aqua Jet before you evolve, and Razor Shell as well. Both moves are useful and powerful against any type, and left me satisfied the first time I played White.

Togepi would be my second choice too. I find a Pokemon learning Extrasensory and Metronome as a baby to be pretty powerful.

And um, yes. You have to respect Ash ;)

Years
Username: lmcde22
Your Starter Pokemon: CHARMANDER!
Nickname: nope
Current topic: i gotta say, first evolution would be Chimchar or Charmander. both look pretty tough. But final evolutions, as much as i hate to admit this, Blastoise is the toughest!

Years
Togepi would be my second choice too. I find a Pokemon learning Extrasensory and Metronome as a baby to be pretty powerful.
What about being too freaking cute and rendering the opponent's pokemon unable to battle. :(
Anyone remembers that episode where Pikachu refused to fight Misty's Togepi? Seriously, what was that all about, I don't even..

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Not even Ash? ;_; He's a n00b and you know it.
lol i agree with u xD
btw Welcome to the club Regen!!

Username: lmcde22
Your Starter Pokemon: CHARMANDER!
Nickname: nope
Current topic: i gotta say, first evolution would be Chimchar or Charmander. both look pretty tough. But final evolutions, as much as i hate to admit this, Blastoise is the toughest!
Welcome to the club lmcde22!!

Charmander, Infernape and Bulbasaur looks the strongest in the first form while Blazekin, charizard and Blastoise look the strongest

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Username: Olli97, I prefer being called Olli though :)
Your Starter Pokemon: Chimchar! It's been my favourite starter ever since I first played Diamond, and though there are some that come close (Treecko, Bulbasaur), there's just something about Chimchar. With a mixture of just how awesome a 'character' Chimchar was in the anime, and how awesome a Pokemon it is in general, how can I not love it. I kinda started liking it less in the anime after it evolved, because it felt like it lost some of its personality, which came from being rather weak and fighting hard to become stronger, to just be generally strong. I feel like it took away something I really liked about it as a Chimchar, which is why I like it the best out of the three. That's not to say that I don't like Monferno and Infernape though, because both of those are great Pokemon too :)

If it's in their first evolutionary stage, that's a bit hard to say. None of them are really supposed to look strong in that stage, and a lot of people mainly choose to go for the cutest ones. Which usually ends up being the most badass looking anyway. But if I had to choose, I'd probably go for Treecko. While it doesn't exactly look strong, it doesn't follow the trend of being a cute starter, and goes for a rather tough look in my opinion. And it's not too shabby either, even though its final stage isn't the strongest of them all. It does look rather derpy in its original sprite though, with the arms sticking out to the side >_<

Cyndaquil also goes into the category of seeming like a stronger Pokemon, but I'm a bit torn here. Cyndaquil is actually one of the cutest starters in my opinion, but the flame just makes it seem kind of intimidating, which could probably mean it'd turn out to be a stronger Pokemon. And indeed it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back