• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Which generation was your first?

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Which generation of Pokemon did you grow up with? Which were you first introduced to?

For me it was 3rd generation, first playing Colosseum, Channel, and Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team. But 4th generation was first in terms of playing the main games. You?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
The first generation introduced me to Pokemon, I was entering my teens years when Pokemon started, I have been watching Pokemon ever since. The 5th generation always has had my favorite Pokemon.

Also the 5th generation games was the first I played without cheating - so easy to do in emulators, so B2/W2 would be my first true game where all my hard work, strategy, and emotion paid off, and had tons of fun without having unfair advantage.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
My first and forever favorite is generation 1, even though my favorite pokemon is
Aggron which is a generation 2 pokemon.

Years
Pokémon Yellow. I was only 9 years old... Where is the time :(
Gameboy Color with Pokémon Yellow and later on Blue and Red. The only thing that kept me awake was to beat Gary those days.
Also a Pokémon game on the nintendo 64 at my best friend's house, but forgot the full name of the game. We played that game for hours and hours together and never got tired of it.
Great times :)

Years
mine was 4th. and to be honest i didnt like pokemon because of its anime i thought it was boring. How wrong was I

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
My first and forever favorite is generation 1, even though my favorite pokemon is
Aggron which is a generation 2 pokemon.

Aggron is a 3rd Generation Pokemon. :P

Anyway, my first was Gen I. I was 6 when I first saw the anime and got Pokemon Red as an early birthday gift in 2000 when I was 7. I grew up with the franchise and still love the games to this day and now at 20, I look forward to Gen VI and X and Y.

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
Years
Gen 1 was my first, I grew up with it. I wasn't that interested when Gen 2 came around, though I was fully involved in Gen 3. So I would say 1 & 3 :)

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
Gen I for me. I remember when Red came out, I was about 10 and I got it and a teal Gameboy colour for my birthday. Never looked back!

Mindless Interest

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
Gen 3 was my first experience with Pokemon. My friend had Ruby, and he constantly played it at daycare, so I got a Gameboy SP and Ruby from my parents. I remember right after I got it that I had to go to the store, and I played it while riding in one of those car carts xD

Stormborn

Indecisive
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
My first was Generation I.

Good times, I've since then lost my Pokemon Blue.

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
All of you guys say Gen 1,Gen 2,or Gen 3..me,Gen 4.With Pokemon Pearl.Great game.Sinnoh introduced me to one of the best pokemon in the world,including my favorite,Empoleon.

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
Gen 1 for me. I was younger than 10 when I got into pokemon and ever since then I've been attached

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Generation I. Pokemon Red and Blue were my first (I got them both on the same day). I started playing when I was five or six years old. And I haven't stopped since.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Even though I did watch the anime back around in the Johto Saga I think the first generation I saw was the third, although I never really had the chance to play it seeing as it was my sister's game and I would probably be roasted stew if I touched her save file XD;. Technically the first generation I played was the fourth starting with Platinum. n_n

Back