• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Werebeasts (Original)

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023

In a strange world, there exists those who have extreme powers. They're born with them, seemingly at random, and those bestowed with said powers are often quite dangerous…

Play as a human, werebeast, or merman/maid, each with their own unique attributes and abilities! Choose from a list of Benefits, tailor your character's history and statistics, and face obstacles throughout your journey! Make friends, fight with enemies, find rivals, and travel around a whole new world set in a technologically inept society. Can you overcome the world's hardships and your own demons?​

Humans:
Only one form
Easier access to armor and weapons
Higher charisma with all races, especially other humans
Can choose two Benefits

Werebeasts:
3 forms: human, beast, and were (a hybridized monstrous form)
Human form can use armor and weapons, disappears with any other form (players still keep it in their Inventory)
Very low charisma with every race; typical violent/fearful reactions from humans
No Benefits can be chosen; instead, training can be used to unlock your Behemoth form — but be careful! You might not be able to control yourself.

Mermen/maids:
2 forms: merman/maid and seabeast
Very rare armor, if any; weapons can be used, but only on land and not by most seabeast forms (players still keep it in their Inventory)
Medium charisma — humans of the opposite sex give mermen/maids a boost
Can choose one Benefit

So, this is something I've had floating around in my mind and I was just going to write it, but I wanted to make some more writer friends and I figured a good way of doing so was to open up a roleplaying game. I want it to be similar to a video game or dnd, where rolls may have to be introduced or perhaps just having set points players need in order to perform certain actions. Though I've never been a dm or a gm before, so if there's anyone interested in this and wants to be my co-game master, I wouldn't say no to the help! And I wouldn't say no to any general advice and tips ^^​

Years
I think an important thing to decide early on for you is going to be how story-focused you want this to be or if you want it to be largely sandbox (open world).

CiCi

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Definitely story-driven

Years
Sounds like something I might actually enjoy. Would like to hear a bit more about character building and the backstory/ setting, but I know that you are going to get to it by the time the SU thread gets posted.

CiCi

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Yeah, I was really only hoping for like two or three players so if we can get an extra one or two interested, I will definitely want to try to flesh it out more :)

Years
I've been thinking about ideas for this for a day or two now, and I'd probably join in if you'll have me.

CiCi

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Certainly! And you're more than welcome to voice your ideas! ^^ Perhaps I should make one of those Workshop threads?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Certainly! And you're more than welcome to voice your ideas! ^^ Perhaps I should make one of those Workshop threads?
We can change the prefix of this thread to say Workshop instead if you like :)

CiCi

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023

Basic Info
Spoiler:

Fallen in Battle
Spoiler:

Creating Your Character
Spoiler:

On Stats (Incomplete)
Spoiler:

Benefits List
Spoiler:

Character Sheet Bases
Spoiler:

The Player's Crew
Spoiler:

The S.S. Flying Dog
Spoiler:

Maps
Spoiler:

Locations
Spoiler:

Weapons & Armor (Incomplete)
Spoiler:

Other Treasure (Incomplete)
Spoiler:

Cici's Characters (Incomplete)

Captain Tulma
Spoiler:

Yvette
Spoiler:

Kiidra
Spoiler:

Participant's Characters (Incomplete)
Spoiler:

Isario - Jules
Spoiler:

That's what we've got so far! Ideas are more than welcome! And if core game mechanics don't make sense or need more explaining, absolutely let me know! :D

Last edited:
Back