• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] I made small edits in PGE and now there are a bunch of invisible walls in the player's bedroom. What did I do wrong?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
For added context, I'm using Leon and UltimaSoul's fire red rom base, and I used PGE and Advanced Sprite Editor to change Charmander's sprite and name, and I made some other small changes to Charmander just to mess around (I'm just trying to learn). But when I start up a new game to try and see if the changes worked, I can't progress because there seem to be a bunch of invisible walls in the room that prevent me from walking far or leaving. Has anyone else encountered this? What did I do wrong?

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
Years
For added context, I'm using Leon and UltimaSoul's fire red rom base, and I used PGE and Advanced Sprite Editor to change Charmander's sprite and name, and I made some other small changes to Charmander just to mess around (I'm just trying to learn). But when I start up a new game to try and see if the changes worked, I can't progress because there seem to be a bunch of invisible walls in the room that prevent me from walking far or leaving. Has anyone else encountered this? What did I do wrong?

I don't know what caused this error.

But there is a fix, open your ROM in advancemap and open the bedroom map,
then open the "movement permissions" tab,
after that, fix the permissions (red 1= impassable, purple c= passable)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
But there is a fix, open your ROM in advancemap and open the bedroom map,
then open the "movement permissions" tab,
after that, fix the permissions (red 1= impassable, purple c= passable)

I went into advancemap and the movement permissions are completely unchanged. Everything is passable thats supposed to be. So I'm at a loss what to do now.

Back