• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen My Slowking's ability changed strangly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles Hikari

Scientist of Chaos
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2013
Maybe someone can help me here cause something in my research is turning up weird. I was reading about abilities and it said that a Pokemon with the ability found in the first ability slot will evolve and get the ability of its first slot, what ever it maybe. What's confusing me is my own Slowking, Veal. When I got her as a Slowpoke her ability was Own Tempo, the second slot ability. But when she evolved she gained her hidden (third slot) ability Regenerator, not that I can complain. I'm just trying to figure out if that's normal or not.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
That's completely not possible. Regenerator is Slowpoke's Dream World ability. The only was it can have this ability in general is to have either come directly from the Dream World, or to have bred a Slowpoke/other things in evo line, with a Male that's compatible to breed with it. It shouldn't have just randomly changed. :9

Miles Hikari

Scientist of Chaos
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2013
Well that's what happened... Oh I forgot to mention that she's most likely hacked. A acquaintance of my asked me if I could have any Pokemon what would it be, next thing I know he sends me the exact Pokemon I described. A Shiny female slowpoke at level one, quiet natured with the ability Own tempo. I don't know if that would change anything.

Years
That Pokemon is most definitely hacked. When it evolved the ability probably changed to adjust to the Pokemon's data.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Its not normal. Abilities can only change like that if you evolved it after shifting it up a generation in which it gained a second ability, where the game will give it the appropriate Ability according to the Pokemons PID.

This can only happen in a gen 5 native Pokemon through editing, so you must be mistaken. ;P

Edit: Just saw you got it in a trade. Yeah looks like your friend gave you a crappy hack. :/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Well, this question has already been answered before I noticed it, but please, next time use the appropriate Quick Questions thread for any question you may have having to do with issues in gameplay that you need help figuring out.

Closed due to being in wrong thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back