• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Walking in Grass adjustment

thedudemister

Pokemon: New Order
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2013
My characters in my game are 3x the height of the official ones. I need to make a change on how much the character is hidden while walking in the grass. In B&W it up to the characters hands but since my character is larger it only hides their feet. I need to adjust it so that it hides up to their hands. Does any one know where I can make that change?

Thanks,

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
You probably need to edit grass tile to be bigger then add bush flag to bigger grass tile.

thedudemister

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2013
You probably need to edit grass tile to be bigger then add bush flag to bigger grass tile.
That does not really do anything. The grass tile is already large enough. Also adjusting the pirority works but its a clean cut. Meaning it does not gradually make the character hidden and it does not look nice. I need to know in the scripting area where I can change the value.

Thanks,

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Have a look at the top of the script section Sprite_Character. The magic number is 12, and you're going to want to make this bigger to make grass deeper.

A bush depth is also defined at the bottom of Game_Character_1, but I don't think it's used (other than to say "if it's non-zero, there's a bush"), so the actual value there (12) isn't important. It's just something to note.

thedudemister

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2013
Have a look at the top of the script section Sprite_Character. The magic number is 12, and you're going to want to make this bigger to make grass deeper.

A bush depth is also defined at the bottom of Game_Character_1, but I don't think it's used (other than to say "if it's non-zero, there's a bush"), so the actual value there (12) isn't important. It's just something to note.
Thank you very much! Worked perfectly!

Back