• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Lost Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
The first part I wanted to read through was the development corner.
I was wondering why you used question marks for screenshots at first. I thought you forgot to replace dummy images. But now I understand why and I think it's a really neat idea of going about it (the whole idea of using 1 official screenshot and building up).

I generally quickly read through the storyline because I find it very rare the developer gets across that storyline in the game. Your back story seems fine and could be pulled off in the intro scene but I wonder about the rest of the story (from the story untold section).
I was envisioning the opening scenes with the player helping the professor (since he helps him daily) around his lab and maybe taking up the first 20 minutes of gameplay. But I'm interested to see how you do your storyline through the game itself.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
I really like this storyline. To anyone reading this, it's a long read, but worth it. It could even be a book if you wanted. I won't go into details on why I like it, but there is one issue with it I see. You've got 21 lines of storyline on a wide-screen monitor, so how are you going to tell the player all of this without it taking far too long and getting boring on a 240x160 display?

So now on from the epilogue to the start. This really is like a book! It all sounds quite fast paced compared to the official games, which is good. It's also a believable reason for you to become a Pokémon trainer, something I've been struggling with in my game. And I've said this before, but I really like those sprites.

Like Neo-Dragon, at first I thought they were simply place holders, but after reading through the lower section, I agree with him that it is a very good and unique idea. It'll be a good way to drum up anticipation. The little history lesson on the game is also nice.

As for the screen, brilliant! I wouldn't have thought that a thread could be good with only one screen shot, but this really is!

Really great job with this thread. The layout is perfect, and, although there isn't any info on features or multiple screens, it's still very informative. The CSS you've used is also the best I've seen in a thread before. Good luck!

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Looks neat; minor(?) problem.

I'm using a black theme, and all text defaults to white, including the text on your updates. makes them blend in with the white background. Had to highlight to view.
could you set the text colour to black for the text?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Looks neat; minor(?) problem.

I'm using a black theme, and all text defaults to white, including the text on your updates. makes them blend in with the white background. Had to highlight to view.
could you set the text colour to black for the text?

Should be fixed now :) let me know.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
This is an amazing project. The graphics are amazing, form what i've seen from the screenshots a lot of detail has put into the envrionments and the world, and I can't wait to explore it all. The story is interesting, great history to it, and I love the idea of all thebstarters being available, really considerate of the players also.

I am well looking forward to seeing this project progress over time, keep up the good work.

ShadowTheDarkrai

The :~*Fanciest*~: Snivy around
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Looks like a great game! If you want me to help design the storyline (not just the part you wrote) or think up any items PM me and I'll be happy to help!

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2015
Looks cool and i would like to help but too bad i suck at those stuff :/

Atomic Reactor

This is all looking very crisp and beautiful my friend, keep up the good work. Can't wait to see some more :)

Years
Can't wait to see this. I would love to help but im not very good at anything listed... Great storyline so far. Are you going to make new pokemon for this game?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Can't wait to see this. I would love to help but im not very good at anything listed... Great storyline so far. Are you going to make new pokemon for this game?

New Pokemon have been something I have been considering for some time now. Unfortunately, at this point in time the answer is no. While I have intentions of working on the project even after an official release (oh how I hate talking about this point in development), there will be no new Pokemon before such time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back