• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Special Play Throughs Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
Years
Have you guys ever done any specific ways to play the games?

Example from a near past:
I did a Younster Joey/Most Common Pokemon Run

My (crystal) team was:
Rattata(i released my chikorita for it)
Pidgey
Zubat
Tentacool
Geodude
(and then i would alternate between HM Slaves)

This was EXTREMELY hard to do because all of thos pokemon are lacking in at least one important stat.....
This involved a lot of level grinding
(i also bred hypnosis onto zubat via hoothoot)

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I never did any special play-through but now that you mention it, i'm going to try. Even if idk how i'll be doing it.

tnfsf11

WOW that looks like a great (yet crazy) idea! I'll try that when I replay one of my games and TRY not to use savestates :P

Mr. Magius

  
Years
One time I did a whole run in Gold with only a Raticate, which I managed to get to level 100 by the end of the game. It was actually a lot of fun, but I have no idea what possessed me to do it since I hate both Raticate and Normal-type Pokémon, lol.

But thanks for reminding me.. I wanna do another one of these soon!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You mean like challenges? We have a forum for those. :) You can sign up and participate in some, or you can discuss them in our chit-chat thread, the CI&D! That'd be the place to discuss your playthrough of the game like this. :)

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back