• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon XD needs a sequel

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2013
I grew up with Pokemon Colosseum and XD i loved both games alot and was wondering if you guys think XD should have a sequel since it is the sequal to Colosseum

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
I almost felt Colosseum and XD were downgrades from the GBA games released before them. You can't be a girl in them, which sucks big time. I still had fun with them, but to make a sequel I'd say they should definitely allow you to play a female.

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
Years
To be completely honest, Colosseum didn't need a sequel. It ended perfectly and did well as a one shot sort of thing with a unique idea nintendo wanted to try out. Although I believe XD Gale of Darkness was better in every regard (longer storyline, more shadow pokemon to capture, better characters, more to do in the game overall) , I still think it was rather unfit to hold the moniker of 'sequel'. It really could have been it's own game, just as how Black 2/White 2 are kind of their own games (although not to the extent of XD).

I mean, let's be honest only one person in the game references the events of Colosseum, the main characters don't make a re appearance, Mr Verich being the "real" head of cipher was just an excuse for poor writing and the need for a new 'big bad guy' (Es Cade worked just fine, but they couldn't have brought him back or made him escape from custody, nope even he was being manipulated mhm suuure) , and there are a few other things but I'm too lazy to probe the annals of my brain to make a point, you guys get it.

all in all, I don't think they should make a sequel to XD Gale of Darkness. What they should do is make an entirely new plot with no shadow pokemon or cipher set in the same universe (orre or whatever it was called) with all the newer gen pokemon and have some massive storyline to accommodate it. That's just my two cents on the subject. Hope I don't get chased out of town or anything for being critical ahahah

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It wouldn't technically be a sequel to XD though, it'd just make the Shadow Saga a trilogy. Anyway, I don't think XD needs a follow up, but I would love another Shadow Pokemon game independent of those. I wouldn't mind a prequel to Colosseum in all honesty, as long as it's done right. I'd love to play as Seth again in general (Nintendo Power had him as Seth, not Wes, so NYEH!). But yeah, seeing gen IV and V (or we can wait it out til VI and include those too) Pokemon as Shadow Pokemon would be pretty cool.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I thought Battle Revolution was a sequel to the Cube style xD. Yeah, I liked the story about Shadows, but another sequel is not something I think would happen now, since many more Pokémon games have come, maybe Nintendo just forgot all about them xD. So, yeah, not much of a chance for a sequel to XD xD. ("xD" after "XD" is weird xD)

Back