• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

who would want snap 2 for wii u?

Don Bastio

Banned
Years
would anyone else like to see a Pokemon snap 2 for wii u? (i wouldn't want a remake unless its for 3DS, a sequel would add newness, and new is good) they could have more than just the apple and poison ball and could use the actual controller for the camera. i don't have a wii u yet, i plan on getting it though, but i remember the ninja star game and the sniper game in the commercials and it could be like that. idk if its just me, but the wii u controller would be the perfect pokemon snap controller.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Snap 2 screams "put me on the 3DS" honestly, but I'd still probably get it if it were for Wii U. I've been wanting a sequel to Snap for so long, I don't care what console it's on as long as it exists. Though usually if a spin off doesn't receive a sequel a few years after it's release, it's a done series.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
I would think Pokemon Snap would be greatly enhanced by the Wii U's screen controller, as the controller could act like a camera capturing images on the screen.

Many people, fans and casual players alike, enjoyed Pokemon Snap. It's a shame it has yet to receive a sequel.

Don Bastio

Banned
Years
Snap 2 screams "put me on the 3DS" honestly, but I'd still probably get it if it were for Wii U. I've been wanting a sequel to Snap for so long, I don't care what console it's on as long as it exists. Though usually if a spin off doesn't receive a sequel a few years after it's release, it's a done series.

ya i guess the gyroscope could be used in 3DS to sense movement so its like you are holding a camera

Pvt Tamama

Chii!
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
it would work better on the 3ds but it would be really cool to see it on the wii u i tried out a wii u at gamestop the other day and i got to day it is pretty cool and i think it would be great to see a pokemon spin-off game like snap on there

Don Bastio

Banned
Years
my problem with it being for 3ds, and all 3ds games that exist, and for the sake of it i'll add ps vita is that using motion controls in public like on a bus or plane make you look like you have no brain lol

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
my problem with it being for 3ds, and all 3ds games that exist, and for the sake of it i'll add ps vita is that using motion controls in public like on a bus or plane make you look like you have no brain lol

1. Who's got time to play a 3DS on a bus, you should be concentrating on paying attention to get off the bus.
2.You don't play the 3DS on a plane, even if the wireless is off, the manual says it's not safe to play on a plane.

3. You don't play the motion controls in public, obviously, you do it in your bedroom where no one knows.

I'd rather see Pokémon Snap 2, or a E-Shop download of Pokemon Snap n64 for the 3DS, rather than the WiiU

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I don't care what it's for. In my opinion, Snap is far and away the best spinoff game, so I would love to see a sequel on wii-u or 3ds. They already rereleased it for wii though, so I don't think a remake would work as well. Still, if they did it correctly, a remake could definately improve the game, I just don't think it would be enough to make me buy the game again.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I could see it on the Wii U or the 3DS (or maybe both for EXTRA INTERCONNECTIVITY!!!) but all I know is that it's my most hypothetically anticipated Pokemon game, spin-off or not. It's probably not gonna happen, as it's been way too long since the original, but it really would make my day if it were released. I have such fond memories of playing the original, so it'd be great to make some new memories now.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I don't think I'd like it for the 3DS unless the graphics were really impressive. Then again, I don't own a Wii U and have no plans to in the near future, however I do own a 3DS, so... yeah haha. If a game like this was announced I would definitely consider buying a Wii U, though.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
In theory, I wouldn't mind if another iteration came out. In theory. I also thought Pokemon Pinball R/S was going to be a lot more inspired than the original Pokemon Pinball. But out of the two, I get a lot more joy out of playing the original.

For Pokemon Snap 2 to work, it would have to build upon and expand from the original idea. If the game just ends up being the same length with 60 Pokemon, it's just wasting everyone's money, Nintendo gimmicks aside.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked the original, and if they did it right, I might even buy a Pokemon Snap 2. But by allowing you to take photos in games like Rumble and Ranch, they really can't be chintzy or stingy about the amount of Pokemon they allow in the game. I get it with the Pokepark style games, since they're all built around a planned story of sorts, but if I'm gonna take pictures of Pokemon, I want ALL of them. Everyone wins that way. People who only remember the first handful of generations don't feel left out, and people who were weaned on the newest Pokemon don't feel isolated, either.

The gameplay can't be a carbon copy, either. Innovate, and come out with new ideas and new ways to play. Maybe create a sense of randomness, so that each time you play through, the Pokemon aren't always at the exact same location doing the exact same thing or triggering the exact same events. A time of day system would be pretty sweet, too. I don't mind the on rails gameplay, but perhaps you can select a few different tracks or routes per environment. Didn't see any Pokemon in the straight line path in the desert? Maybe they're all over by the oasis because they're all reasonably hot and thirsty. Take the tram that swings around the oasis.

Overall, if it's going to be on the Wii U, there's really no excuse for limitations.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I don't think it would be put on the WiiU, but it can be placed on the Nintendo 3DS or possibly WiiWare. I personally wouldn't get the game for no matter what system it came on because I didn't like the idea of taking photos of Pokemon; it lost my interest right away.

:t354:TG

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I want a sequel to Pokémon Snap. I don't care if they put it on the Wii U or 3DS, it is just something I want so much. I could work very well on either console. Though I doubt it'll ever happen, because as Syd said, if it doesn't get a sequel a few years after release, it's an indication that the series is done and dusted.

Dr. Slavic

Last of the Wailords
Years
Ok thank you! If anyone has seen footage of ZombiU (spelling?), they use the Wii U remote as a camera in-game. I immediately got excited for a Pokemon Snap 2, which is something I have been waiting for since Pokemon Snap first came out for the N64. The game would hopefully be bigger than the first, considering over five times that amount of Pokemon exist now.

Now that I think of it, even a remake would be pretty sick, and would entice me to get the WiiU.

Rou.Tsuki

It's happy hour somewhere...
Years
It would be neat to have Pokemon Snap 2.
Would it use all of the current pokemon or certain generations?
The thing I really liked about the first one was the ability to make stickers out of the shots (take your cartridge to a participating Blockbusters to print them out). I had Moltres stickers all over my binder.

IllusDark8

I personally think that another Pokemon Snap game would work on ether consoles.
It would also make for a longer game as well no matter what and the controls would be almost exactly the same.

Years
Maybe start with Gen 1, then make the other gens downloadable after you've snapped a certain number of pokemon? :)

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
Years
In theory, I wouldn't mind if another iteration came out. In theory. I also thought Pokemon Pinball R/S was going to be a lot more inspired than the original Pokemon Pinball. But out of the two, I get a lot more joy out of playing the original.

For Pokemon Snap 2 to work, it would have to build upon and expand from the original idea. If the game just ends up being the same length with 60 Pokemon, it's just wasting everyone's money, Nintendo gimmicks aside.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked the original, and if they did it right, I might even buy a Pokemon Snap 2. But by allowing you to take photos in games like Rumble and Ranch, they really can't be chintzy or stingy about the amount of Pokemon they allow in the game. I get it with the Pokepark style games, since they're all built around a planned story of sorts, but if I'm gonna take pictures of Pokemon, I want ALL of them. Everyone wins that way. People who only remember the first handful of generations don't feel left out, and people who were weaned on the newest Pokemon don't feel isolated, either.

The gameplay can't be a carbon copy, either. Innovate, and come out with new ideas and new ways to play. Maybe create a sense of randomness, so that each time you play through, the Pokemon aren't always at the exact same location doing the exact same thing or triggering the exact same events. A time of day system would be pretty sweet, too. I don't mind the on rails gameplay, but perhaps you can select a few different tracks or routes per environment. Didn't see any Pokemon in the straight line path in the desert? Maybe they're all over by the oasis because they're all reasonably hot and thirsty. Take the tram that swings around the oasis.

Overall, if it's going to be on the Wii U, there's really no excuse for limitations.

Could you imagine a free-roaming, sandbox world, with amazing looking environments, and Pokemon all living in their natural habitats? Think Endless Ocean (for Wii), replaced with Pokemon. Could even replace the total sandbox with a hub (think 'Safari Zone'), that has different Parks for different regions/habitats - certain regions are only unlocked when you obtain a certain amount of points/money.

Could either use Animal Crossing style real-time clock/weather/calendar (imagine, different Pokemon/areas of the park open on different days of the week, or dynamic changes to the environment due to weather conditions (i.e. river floods, bringing Poliwags/Tympoles to the surface)).

This is making me excited!!

SoliderOfMisfortune

Master in the making.
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
I would love to see a Snap 2. I used to play Snap as a child and I loved the idea of roaming around and taking pictures of Pokemon. Especially when I got to Mew. It was exciting as hell!

Back