• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm posting this NU're not gonna stop me! [NU RMT]

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
This is pretty much my first NU team, so to speak. It's pretty solid as it is, I think it checks most of the major threats in NU, but there still seems to be holes that I can't patch. Maybe I'm just overreacting, but either way: rate my team! :P

Major credits to shnen for actually helping me make a team. :3

----------

Emboar @ Choice Band
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Head Smash

Nothing enjoys a stab CB Flare Blitz from Emboar. Even those who resists it should be scared. Its primary objective is to rid the environment of anything that gets in its way.

Regirock @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch
- Stealth Rock

Obligatory Rock-type Pokemon. Very amazing at what it does, and can also threaten opposing rocks (but meh). Also sets up stealth rock, helps haunter sweep more. I often lead with him.

Samurott @ Salac Berry
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

shnen gave me this set. People seems to be caught off-guard when faced with a special Samurott. I'm open to other suggestions for another Pokemon here, though. Probably another Water-type that could sweep without set-up.

Haunter (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]

The team was basically made to give Haunter easier chances of sweeping. This thing is very powerful and when behind a sub, even Skuntank won't be that much of a problem (but it still is). The strategy with Haunter is fairly straightforward: switch-in (or Volt Switch with Zeb) on someone it can outspeed, get a sub up, then proceed to sweep. Pain Split has helped me in a lot of occasions, especially against bulky 'mons (like Miltank).

Tangela @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed

I can't express how amazing Tangela is. Its bulk is just..amazing. That's pretty much it. Also has Giga Drain for attacking. I think it's pretty standard.

Zebstrika @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sap Sipper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

My Grass-type check. Switch in on something that almost always will use a grass move (like Amoonguss) then threaten with Overheat. Volt Switch is very useful, makes Zeb some sort of pivot. Revenge kills like a boss, too btw.

----------

That's pretty much my team.

For threats, I can't really figure it out since most of the losses I've had with this team was due to stupid decisions and misclicks. I've had problems with SubCM Gardevoir, though. If you could help me figure out what threatens this team then that would be swell. C:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back