• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Slowking or Starmie?

Slowking or Starmie?

• Total voters
Years
Netizens of PC! Today we battle out two Water/ Psychic type Pokemon:

199.png

Slowking

Vs.

121.png

Starmie

Stat wise, Slowking's HP and Attack is far better than Starmie, which has no use for Attack either way. :P Their Special Attack stats are equal but Slowking is far better than Starmie when it comes to Defense and Special Defense. Starmie on the other hand has an excellent speed, (fastest among all water type Pokemon along with Floatzel) whereas Slowking's speed is really poor.

Who wins? You decide!

I'll run out of ideas soon.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Starmie, because i love its design and can learn the epic Ice Beam-ThunderBolt-Surf-Psychic moveset.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Starmie, it has a really good move pool when you use TM's. Though if it were slowbro I'd pick that because it's awesome.

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
I choose starmie as its design is pretty awesome and it can learn psychic and thunderbolt TM.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Starmie without a doubt. I used one in Soul Silver and it ROCKS! Versatile movepool, excellent speed, and pretty good Special Attack make it very useful. And there's just something charming about a purple star with a glowing jewel in the center :)

Ayselipera

Well I mean they are, but Starmie is a thousand times better. :(

Staryu being one of my all time favorite Pokemon automatically bumps up Starmie in this versus thread. I've never been a big fan of the Slowpoke line, in fact I tend to forget about them all the time. Starmie on the other hand is a Pokemon classic... at least to me! Plus Starmie has such a lovely speed and special attack along with a diverse move-pool that it's so hard to ignore. Although Slowking has a nice diverse move-pool and special attack too so I shouldn't forget it either, but it's just not a memorable Pokemon.

Needless to say Starmie wins for me. :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
Starmie all the way. I love it's move-pool and I like that it has a high speed stat. I also really enjoy it's design and colors over Slowking. Starmie has always been one of my favorite water pokemon as well.

Years
  • Age 32
  • ?
  • Seen Aug 16, 2014
According to the Pokedex, Slowking is insanely intelligent, and becomes smarter as time progresses, i.e. Slowking knows Calculus whereas Starmie doesn't. Auto-win for Slowking.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Slowking has always had that sombre attitude, hasn't it? It's kinda cool, in my opinion.

However, I do prefer Starmie out of the two. This is mainly due to the fact that I've used Starmie a lot when it came to competitive battling and Rapid Spin and its outstanding speed (coupled with he Choice Scarf) have always saved my butt. Not to mention I like the aesthetic value of Starmie - it's quite a unique Pokémon in its own right.

Years
Starmie by far--it's one of my favorites. I could take or leave Slowking. I do prefer Slowbro and Slowpoke to Slowking and Staryu to Starmie, but Starmie would still beat either Slowbro or Slowpoke in my book.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
Starmie= my 7th favorite pokemon (next to cloyster which is my 6th)
Slowking= stupid (slowbro is kewler)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like Starmie more than Slowking because it's a lot faster in battle. But I do like Slowking for his role in the second movie.

Equal Eyes

Happy Up Here
Years
Starmie, because i love its design and can learn the epic Ice Beam-ThunderBolt-Surf-Psychic moveset.
As soon as I read the thread title I was going to post this! So yes I prefer Starmie even though it looks like a giant broach you would wear.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
Starmie. Mostly because of its design and speed. I actually fell in love with it ever since it made its debut with Misty in the early episodes. This is one Psychic/water type that I would love to have.

Back