• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can someone help me out?

Pokeasiest

Getting back into Pokemon!
Years
I haven't been into to pokemon cards the last 5 or so years now and im wanting to start to get into collecting cards again would anyone know or recommend a series that i should start off with to buy to get going again?
(Been wondering about Gold star ,Full body EX and ,Half Body EX Cards would anyone know when they first started make them, series wise?)

Last edited:

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Depending on what your local stores have, id suggest Next Destinies or Noble Victories. Most of mine dont have those anymore, and if yours dont then just go with Dark Explorers or any of the newer ones. The last few sets have been pretty good. I believe EX cards(and full arts) have been around for the entirety of the black and white series. Before that there were primes and lv Xs, and before that there were ex's.

Years
EX cards have been around since the release of Black and White: Next Destinies, while ex cards existed from 2003 to 2007 (note the difference in formatting between the two). Gold star cards were published between 2004 and 2007.

Just go to Bulbapedia to see what sets contain cards that interest you, because it's really down to personal preference unless you are looking to make money, in which case you are in the wrong hobby.

Pokeasiest

Getting back into Pokemon!
Years
EX cards have been around since the release of Black and White: Next Destinies, while ex cards existed from 2003 to 2007 (note the difference in formatting between the two). Gold star cards were published between 2004 and 2007.

Just go to Bulbapedia to see what sets contain cards that interest you, because it's really down to personal preference unless you are looking to make money, in which case you are in the wrong hobby.

Depending on what your local stores have, id suggest Next Destinies or Noble Victories. Most of mine dont have those anymore, and if yours dont then just go with Dark Explorers or any of the newer ones. The last few sets have been pretty good. I believe EX cards(and full arts) have been around for the entirety of the black and white series. Before that there were primes and lv Xs, and before that there were ex's.

I Thank both of you for the responses now I have an incite on what I would want to buy thank you!

Back