• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you were a real Trainer..

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
I've seen two other threads about if Pokemon were real, but neither asked the questions I have.

If Pokemon were real, and we lived in the Pokemon universe:

1. What region would your journey begin in?
  2. Where in that region would be your hometown?
  3. Assuming you get it from an egg, what Pokemon would become your partner*?
  4. What nickname would you give him/her?
*Your "partner" is a Pokemon that stays out of its Pokeball (like Ash's Pikachu).

For me, I'd want to begin in Johto, with Olivine City as my hometown (Jasmine is my favorite Johto Gym Leader~). My partner would be either a female Petilil or Ralts. I love Lilligant and Gardevoir too much.. >.< As for a nickname, I'd name her "Serenity".

So, everyone.. how about you? :D

Ralaia

~Smooth as Ice~
Years
Maybe Hoenn ^_^ in Petalburg, hopefully a Tepig but I'd be happy with anything (except a zubat) since it's actually a pokemon. I don't necessarily like nicknames but it might be Bacon :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2017
1. Kanto
2. Cerulean
3. Bulbasaur*
4. I don't give nicknames(although Serenity is a good one-have you been watching SailorMoon?).

*I wouldn't let Bulbasaur stay out of its pokeball like Ash did with Pikachu. I never liked that he treated Pikachu differently than the others. I don't like how Pikachu follows you in Yellow too.

Nice thread.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
1. Kanto
2. Pallet Town
3. Charmander
4. I'll name it Ryuu (Japanese for Dragon)

If not, my second choice would be:

1. Johto
2. New Bark Town
3. Totodial
4. I'll call it Tsunami

I'd keep them ouside of their pokeballs though. What kind of idiotic thug would come at you when you got a giant Dragon (Charizard)/ Alligator (Feraligatr) protecting you.

#isthenumbersign
Years
What region would your journey begin in? Unova.
Where in that region would be your hometown? Castelia. City girl leaves to go on a Pokemon journey. So original. :P
Assuming you get it from an egg, what Pokemon would become your partner*? Venonat! It'd eventually evolve but yeah.
What nickname would you give him/her? No nickname.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Sinnoh, defs. I'd start in the town of Sandgem, instead of Twinleaf. My Partner Pokemon, if hatched from an egg, would be Piplup, because I'm pretty sure Reshiram doesn't come out of eggs. I wouldn't nickname my Piplup, because I think nicknames are too corny.

But if Reshiram, did hatch from eggs, I'd have him as my best pal.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
Years
Then we all be dead and The Maker of Pokemon would be damn rich
Say what now? I'm talking about if we lived in the Pokemon universe, not the reality we live in now. (I'm assuming you mean Pokemon would be used as tools of war.) And, how would Arceus (if that's who you're referring to) get rich from this?

Years
The first three questions are out of your hands and the last depends on the third, so really it's impossible for you to determine anything.

But for the sake of the thread:
Region: Perhaps Hoenn, I've always had a good connection to Hoenn.
Hometown: Lilycove, or Rustboro. Somewhere large and city-like.
First Pokemon: A male Aron.
Nickname: Chalybeate, I've always had a fantasy of starting with Chalybeate and eventually travelling through Kanto and Unova where I release him and as a parting gift he gives me another egg. Nicknamed Interdum.

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
Years
This is a surprisingly tough question for me to answer but maybe that's just because I care too much.

I'm pretty torn between Johto and Hoenn. For Johto I'd probably be from Goldenrod, and for Hoenn, Slateport. I'd want to be close to the sea and the forest, so I guess Goldenrod does that job well. Plus I could easily travel to and from Kanto. My "partner" would most likely be a Flaaffy called Mei or a Typlosion called Hades; these two are my in-game favourites 5evr. <3

Years
this was a hard choice. x3

What region would your journey begin in? Johto

Where in that region would be your hometown? Ecruteak City

Assuming you get it from an egg, what Pokemon would become your partner*? having been trained with ghost pokemon, I eventually in my journey, having left the johto region, found myself upon a Misdreavus egg, that i would eventually evolve into a Mismagius. :)

What nickname would you give him/her? Most likely Mia. I know so original right? x3

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
What region would your journey begin in? Hoenn of course
Where in that region would be your hometown? Dewford island
Assuming you get it from an egg, what Pokemon would become your partner*? Wingull
What nickname would you give him/her? I would give it the nickname Denzel

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
What region would your journey begin in? Hoenn
Where in that region would be your hometown? Fortree City. It's
Assuming you get it from an egg, what Pokemon would become your partner*? Treecko since I'd grew up around trees. Or a Seedot since they would be near by.
What nickname would you give him/her? Blade if Treecko. No nickname if Seedot

Back