• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So what was your first game?

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Years
So what was the first ever Pokemon game that you played? And what were your feelings while playing it? My first game was Pokemon Ruby. After choosing my starter as torchic, i caught a worthless wurmple by mistake and i thought that i wasted a space for keeping other pokemon, because i didnt knew that a thing called pc existed. (;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
My first game was Pokemon Red waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day. I had a friend playing it while we were at choir practice with our parents and one thing lead to another and I got my own as well.

Years
Mine was Pokemon Blue eons ago. I went into it determined to prove myself right that it would be tedious and unenjoyable... what a dipstick :pink_laugh:

Years
Red was my first way back for Christmas two decades ago. I felt weird playing it, and you can bet there were lots and lots of things I did wrong. xP

Years
Yellow. Long time ago. I already told the story here few times, but I was on vacation with my family and met a boy with Game Boy Color. He let me play from the start and I've played up to the Misty. I remember having Pikachu, Nidoran♀ and Charmander on my team. I've played Yellow and Silver on emulator when I returned home.
1st game I've owned was Sapphire. It was German version (I do not speak German) and full of Pokémon that I've never seen before (Pokémon in my country ended in the middle of the Johto anime, so I didn't even know there is Gen III). So yeah, it was interesting game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Pokemon Yellow on a bootleg Gameboy Color cartridge that had like 12 games on it

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Pokemon Silver on my eighth birthday! I got both Gold and Silver that day and when I went up to my room I liked Lugia on the cover more than Ho-Oh so Silver was my first. ♥

Years
Well my parents didn't really want me to get into Pokemon for some reason, so it took until my friends introduced me to it in 2015ish... so my first game was X. But I've since played games from every generation but gen 3.

pkmin3033

Pokemon Red, so long ago now...like me, it's aged terribly now.

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Years
I guess I'm a baby, because my first was Emerald. It blew my mind.
😥 thank god...and i thought that i am the only one to start with gen III

Silver was my first Pokemon game.
I played gold after finishing yellow. i took cyndaquil as my starter, made it typhlosion, then it was lvl 70 before going to pokemon league. I caught a weepingbell, made it lvl 35, just to defeat the rival's feraligatr. My all other pokemon were like lvl 9 or 10...
But believe it or not, i defeated the rival with that weak weepingbell and also defeated the champion with my typhlosion! (Yep you heard it right!)
Though i didnt suceed on one strike..
I saved after defeating karen and i had a number of full restores.
Then i challenged the champion, lost, tried again...
Then one night, i did it!
I became the champion!(HeHe Bwoi!)

Silver version! It was my brother's copy, so unfortunately he didn't let me play it all that much. ._.
._.
Sad.

Pokemon Yellow on a bootleg Gameboy Color cartridge that had like 12 games on it
Yellow was my second one.
Tho after playing ruby, it felt really weird playing that..(you know what i mean!)
Still i completed it...somehow ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well my parents didn't really want me to get into Pokemon for some reason, so it took until my friends introduced me to it in 2015ish... so my first game was X. But I've since played games from every generation but gen 3.

Seriously?
Pokemon X?
¯\_(ʘ_ʘ)_/¯
You are damn lucky..

Yellow. Long time ago. I already told the story here few times, but I was on vacation with my family and met a boy with Game Boy Color. He let me play from the start and I've played up to the Misty. I remember having Pikachu, Nidoran♀ and Charmander on my team. I've played Yellow and Silver on emulator when I returned home.
1st game I've owned was Sapphire. It was German version (I do not speak German) and full of Pokémon that I've never seen before (Pokémon in my country ended in the middle of the Johto anime, so I didn't even know there is Gen III). So yeah, it was interesting game.
After playing ruby, i thought why not try out sapphire?
I thought maybe a different story? Or different sprites?
I was soooo much shocked that i deleted the game...
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Nothing was different other than title screen!
I still dont know why did they make the same games with different names

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
My first game was Pokemon Diamond I got it for my 10th birthday and one of my strongest memories of it was either in that or Platinum (my second game) I needed one of my friends to help me get through Sunnyshore gym because I didn't understand it.

Years
Technically, my first Pokémon game was Pokémon Stadium - though 'my' extends only as far as playing it. I was garbage and the people I competed with were far older than me, and had this nasty habit of pinching all the best fighters. I was left with Kakuna, at the end of the day. Day after day after day... oh god.

And I played Pearl a bit, but the first Pokémon game I ever owned was Black. The day I picked it up, the sky was crimson and streaked with smoke, and embers were being scattered to the four winds. It looked as though the world had been put through a filter. Damn good memory, though!

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Years
Technically, my first Pokémon game was Pokémon Stadium - though 'my' extends only as far as playing it. I was garbage and the people I competed with were far older than me, and had this nasty habit of pinching all the best fighters. I was left with Kakuna, at the end of the day. Day after day after day... oh god.

And I played Pearl a bit, but the first Pokémon game I ever owned was Black. The day I picked it up, the sky was crimson and streaked with smoke, and embers were being scattered to the four winds. It looked as though the world had been put through a filter. Damn good memory, though!

Great!
Btw hey! We have known each other quite for a while. How about we be friends?

Back