• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Evolution Failure

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
Game.exe stops working when I try to evolve a Pokémon. There is a way to fix it?

Hello people, sorry to bother you, but when I try to evolve one pokémon, the pokémon starts to spin and then "RGSS Player stopped working"! ( :O )

I really need help with that coz Pokémon is no Pokémon without evolution!

PS I'm using the latest version of Essentials

EDIT It happens the same thing when I try to catch a pokémon

Last edited:

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
still crashing :'(

screens here (windows in pt, sry)
Spoiler:

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
replacing?? i don't know anything about scripts, i only have the default essentials scripts, i don't know which scripts i should modify....

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
In both cases, the RGSS Player crashes just after a sprite starts spinning. I don't know anything about the Player, or if you have a different one, but that might be related.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
In both cases, the RGSS Player crashes just after a sprite starts spinning. I don't know anything about the Player, or if you have a different one, but that might be related.

But when the battle starts, the player throw the pokéball and the Player doesn't crash...

EDIT: I tried on the Essentials of January and the sprites spins and do all actions without problems.

Last edited:

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
Years
Download the latest version of essentials then in the data folder look for Scripts.rxdata then replace the scripts.rxdata with the new one which you copied. Sorry if my english is wrong since im not a native english speaker

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
I copied the scripts.rxdata to the oldest one, i tried to evolve, it spins a little bit and the player crashes.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
but i've already have the latest version. i used the january only to check if the problem was in my pc... :s

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Can you try other versions of Essentials to find out which one stops working for you? Also, which operating system do you have?

Are you sure you have a file called RGSS102E.dll in your game's folder?

ppooookkkkkkk, stop repeating yourself.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Meaning stop reapeating myself?

When he says stop repeating yourself, it's because you've suggested the same thing three times now.

The only thing I can think of is what Maruno asked, 'Are you sure you have a file called RGSS102E.dll in your game's folder?'

Back