• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Mode Team

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
Okay, so I plan on doing a challenge mode run, and I want to see if my team is ready for it. Here's the team I've made, I haven't started yet, as my friend is lazy and won't beat Black 2, but here's the team I've made.

Samurott
Torrent
Neutral Nature
-Razor Shell/Aqua Tail/Surf
-Areal Ace/Aqua Jet/Razor Shell
-Megahorn/Aqua Jet
-Swords Dance/Areal Ace

Lucario
Steadfast
Neutral Nature
-Aura Sphere
-Close Combat/Earthquake
-Dark Pulse
-Extreemespeed

(Why did they get rid of Water Pulse for HM03? I'd use that on my Lucario any day.)

Arcanine
Intimidate
Adamant
-Flare Blitz
-Thunder Fang/Wild Charge
-Crunch/Iron Head/Close Combat/Dig
-Outrage

Dragonite
Jolly
Multiscale(hopefully)
-Dragon Claw/Rush
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Punch
-Iron Tail

Gothitelle
Modest
Frisk
-Psyshock/Psychic
-Future Sight/Psychic
-Thunderbolt/Charge Beam/Energy Ball
-Signal Beam/Dark Pulse

Drapion
Adamant
Sniper
-Cross Poison
-Night Slash
-Ice Fang
-Aqua Tail/Earthquake/Rock Slide

Do you think this team could make it through challenge mode? Any suggestions for moves or anything else?

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
Samurott
Torrent
Neutral Nature
-Razor Shell/Aqua Tail/Surf
-Areal Ace/Aqua Jet/Razor Shell
-Megahorn/Aqua Jet
-Swords Dance/Areal Ace
A good mixed set will work for Samurott; Scald is another option to use, however I picked Surf as its on of the HM moves that you do use quite a bit, and its pretty good to use. Megahorn could be replaced with Ice Beam if you need it too, but considering when you get Ice Beam, it might be better just to keep the bug type move for the two dark and psychic users at the E4

Lucario
Steadfast
Neutral Nature
-Aura Sphere
-Close Combat/Earthquake
-Dark Pulse
-Extreemespeed

The good thing about Lucario is that is has a vast movepool to pick from. My Lucario has Ice Punch, Hidden Power Fire, Aura Sphere, and Dark Pulse for example. I think it'd be good as long as their is coverage and no mixture of dark pulse and shadow ball

Arcanine
Intimidate
Adamant
-Flare Blitz
-Thunder Fang/Wild Charge
-Crunch/Iron Head/Close Combat/Dig
-Outrage
Arcanine never really came through for me on my last run of Black 2, she always got killed off quite easily. I say go with Crunch out of the four various moves as it gets something to hit Ghosts and Psychic types, which is always good. Iron Head gets coverage on rock and ice types though. Dig is good, but earthquake is better (can he even learn it?)

Dragonite
Jolly
Multiscale(hopefully)
-Dragon Claw/Rush
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Punch
-Iron Tail
Claw simply for accuracy sakes, and while it'd be forever until hes a Dragonite, Fly would not be a poor investment.

Gothitelle
Modest
Frisk
-Psyshock/Psychic
-Future Sight/Psychic
-Thunderbolt/Charge Beam/Energy Ball
-Signal Beam/Dark Pulse
The four bolded ones would of been my choice, there is also Focus Blast and Shadow Ball to pick from, but Focus Blast has a low PP and Shadow Ball's coverage (same as dark pulse mind you) is minimal

Drapion
Adamant
Sniper
-Cross Poison
-Night Slash
-Ice Fang
-Aqua Tail/Earthquake/Rock Slide
I love this thing, it can do some epic damage. Rock Slide all the way as you got water and ground(?) coverage going for ya.

All in all, you got a good idea for a team going for you. I think a Pokemon that has a defensive set up or can inflict status wouldn't be a bad idea for you. I reccomend my favorite Pokemon Roserade, or maybe a Pokemon like Lilligant. Or at the very least maybe throw Toxic on Drapion or Thunder Wave on Gothitelle.

pokehearts

I like trains.
Years
Okay, I'll have Gothitelle have Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave, and as for Arcanine, I'm not sure on it, I'd rather use something else like a Charmander, but then I'd have to reconfigure the entire team basically, if I did do something like this, it'd be:

Charizard
Adamant
Blaze (duh)
-Flare Blitz
-Dragon Claw
-Fly
-Iron Tail/Thunderpunch

And then I'd need a new pokemon for dragon type, as Charizard kinda covers that. My first thoughts go to Flygon, Garchomp, and Haxorus, but I can't use Haxorus, as I've used him before, a lot. So it's between Flygon and Garchomp, but I could also use the extra slot to cover another type, like Normal, if I do this, I'd say Stoutland or Snorlax.
Out of these, Snorlax stands out the most for it's diverse moveset and high defensive power. Thick Fat would be a handy ability, and the immunity to Ghost would be nice. The only worry would be the slowness.

Snorlax would go like this:

Snorlax
Neutral Nature
Thick Fat
-Giga Impact/Body Slam/Return/Strength (STAB Move)
-Crunch/Fire Punch
-Zen Headbutt/Seed Bomb
-Curse

If I really do need a support pokemon, I could use a grass type like Chickorita, it'd evolve into Meganium and go like this:

Meganium
Modest
Overgrowth
-Toxic
-Leaf Storm/Magical Leaf/Energy Ball
-Leech Seed
-AncientPower/Hidden Power(depends on type)

If I'm using Grass Types, Treecko is one of my favorite Pokemon, and I'd love to use him.

Sceptile
Adamant
Overgrowth
-Leaf Blade
-Rock Slide/Earthquake
-Areal Ace/Acrobatics
-Leech Seed/Night Slash/Seed Bomb/X-Scissor

So, yeah, I'll swap Arcanine for Charizard, and Dragonite for Snorlax, Meganium, or Sceptile. I'll probably go for Sceptile because I frickin love Treecko, one of the best Starters. Any other suggestions for the sixth slot?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I'd recommend a Rock or Electric-type Pokemon, as they can take on the Flying types that none of your team resists so far. Rock/Steel types such as Aggron can easily take on Iris' Archeops and Shauntal's Drifblim.

Back